The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: My Rage Issuses

Post by The Domer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 am

MrBlah wrote:Self diagnosis doesn't really do you any good.
As a psychologist, I have to emphasize this. If you really think you might have some issues that are outside the norm for a teenager, then consider talking to your school counselor, as others have mentioned. It certainly won't hurt, and if nothing else, sometimes it can help simply unloading a bit on someone (sort of like how you're doing now with us).

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Getting upset at a video game or getting mad at Mom for the "little things" are luxuries a lot of people don't have.
When I was younger I was the same way you describe yourself. As I got older I learned to step back and see the world through other people's eyes and my problems seemed small and petty.

I will keep it short.
My advice: The next time you find yourself getting ready to rage over something small, step back, breathe, and think about how lucky you are and appreciate everything you have and the anger will dissipate. Chances are, you are more normal and richer than you may think.

I don't want to sound preachy, but I wanted to be honest.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Oh boy, has UGC made me made sometimes. I think it's the players and admins. The players are, for the most part, complete asses. Once, a player on the team i was playing for had the bomb halloween item on, i guess the league banned that item. So at the end of the match, we still got rolled, they tried to ban us with out notice of our mistake. The admins, they're all like "Rules are rules!", even though we had no idea. So long story short, almost got banned from a league 8), but didn't.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Oh, and Zorky, I had probably the same X-Wing model, I dropped it twice and broke it before I finished it. God I hated it, but I wasn't going to quit on it.
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Anger is natural, and it is what we do with it that is important. For instance, I often become extremely motivated when I am angry, and that is because I want to change that which makes me angry. From my experience, when I try to control anger it only grows, because anger is meant to be released(safely). Also, certain things I do will feed my anger and make it grow, like beating myself up for mistakes, big or small.

My biggest piece of advice when ur angry is to STOP, and think, does anger serve me right now? If anger does not serve you(as in, serve your purpose, or hopes), or help you, or feel good, than breathe that realization in and blow out the anger, because it does not belong if it does not serve.

I think it is important to give yourself the time you need to work on it, and not expect instant results. The best time to learn to change is in the moment in which you are angry. Also, I believe that in these sort of circumstances(self work), what we are looking for is within, not without. I believe that whatever I do each day conditions me to be who I am. So, I think of the many things in my life and then consider how those things condition me to be the way that I am. Moving forward with that, I can choose the things I want to do based off of what they will condition me to become, in time.

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Well as it turns out i can't get into woodworking so that sucks, but on a positive note, i got a haircut, and a really good one at that, i got my beard trimmed, and some new (to me) button down shirts, so now i look really good, and i don't know why but looking like a handsome guy, instead of a disheveled homeless person (i never really cared enough to trim my beard or get a good haircut) makes me feel better.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 pm

I watch this video whenever I start to get really frustrated about something in my life.

And if that doesn't work, then Burpees. Lots and lots of Burpees. It's hard to be mad at anything when you are lying prostrate on the floor trying desperately to breath after doing a couple of sets. Burpees rule.

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Good News Everyone! I have a update about my rage issues! I had a bad couple of days! Ok so today i woke up, had a nosebleed, walked to school and got briefly rained on ruining my styled hair, had to give a lecture, the notes to which i had left at home, had to give a presentation i didn't prep for, was only able to eat half of my lunch, lost a friend after finding out that he was a irredeemable religious zealot, and despite being my "friend" thought i would burn in hell for being gay and agnostic. then the other day i had to give up my class ring because despite my mom really wanting to get it, we in reality could not afford it, AND finding out that the cosplay i had been looking forward to, might not be complete when it arrives. So i have had a craptastic couple of days, but guess what, NO ANGER. Nope not a bit of rage or anger. And i think i might know why, i got a haircut. So some explanation, a week or two ago that "friend" took me to get my hair cut and my beard trimmed for reasons i am not quite sure about, but since then i have been styling it, and instead of looking like a bedraggled beach bum because i didn't care about my appearance, i look like a sexy gay guy! So that Waaaaaaaaaaaay boosted my self confidence, hell i am calling my self "sexy" where as a month ago those words would have the thick scent of sarcasm. And this has been carrying over to TF2 as well, i have stopped having fits of rage, and instead starting saying jokingly stuff like "come on Matt how could you miss that?" or "Easiest shot in the world and i missed it." So i guess Self Confidence = Less Rage!

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Sexy gay guys are sexy.

-Straight guy.

Also, I'm glad you found a solution!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 pm

I got new Batman converse shoes cause i liked them. Wearing them makes me happy. Stuff that you like = Makes you happy when they are around you.
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 am

Well if it is not insane rage, it is suicidal depression, i just don't know what to do anymore. My life seems to be coming apart at the seems, and nothing is bringing me comfort. I am struggling in all my classes, which is a first, i am too lazy to work hard, i am suffering through cripiling loniless. I know that i have all of you guys but you guys are really only a bunch of ones and zeros, and i can't take total comfort in that. My brother provides zero emotional support, and my mother is making things activly worse. i have quit everything else that was important to me in life, everytimes things got a little difficult i gave up, so i am starting to think that it is time to achieve my magnus opus of abject failure...

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 am

Kagsacar wrote:Well if it is not insane rage, it is suicidal depression, i just don't know what to do anymore. My life seems to be coming apart at the seems, and nothing is bringing me comfort. I am struggling in all my classes, which is a first, i am too lazy to work hard, i am suffering through cripiling loniless. I know that i have all of you guys but you guys are really only a bunch of ones and zeros, and i can't take total comfort in that. My brother provides zero emotional support, and my mother is making things activly worse. i have quit everything else that was important to me in life, everytimes things got a little difficult i gave up, so i am starting to think that it is time to achieve my magnus opus of abject failure...
1's and 0's equates to some sort of unfeeling machine. Every one of us are human beings sitting at a keyboard just like you, who have all experienced our fair share of rage, depression, sadness, and joy.

The cliche of "it gets better" doesn't stick around for no reason. It really does. You just have to allow it to. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose by making the kind of decision you're implying. There is always an answer, but this isn't it. If your family isn't providing the support you need, then you're looking in the wrong place. We can give you uplifting words but that's not what you truly need right now. Go talk to a professional, talk through it, and get yourself helped.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 am

Kags- You need to have this discussion with your school counselor immediately. Please do so!

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

Mortis462
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mortis462 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am

MateoTheBold! wrote:Kags- You need to have this discussion with your school counselor immediately. Please do so!
This so much this. Go talk to a professional at your school that is what they are there for, use them!
Everyone has changed
Everything has changed
Everyone has changed
But me

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am

MateoTheBold! wrote:Kags- You need to have this discussion with your school counselor immediately. Please do so!
^^