Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

What brought you to The Ville?

Post by Checkm8 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:27 pm

I am curious as to how others found the purple place.

For me, I was a warpath fanatic. I started playing TF2 when it was released back in '07 and I was searching for a friendly server to play on with maps that did not annoy me. I found a few servers but nothing really stood out immediately. After some misfortunes in my life which gave me much free time, I began playing tf2 alot more from late '08 to the present.

After searching warpath maps, I found the ocho. I played on the server a month of two before I even glanced at the website. Eventually, I checked out the forums and began participating in conversations. Believe it or not, the Guess Who's posting next thread was one of my first posts in any forum on this here interwebs.

Now, I am here and it's a fine place to be.

So.... how did you find that The Ville was the gaming community for you?

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: What brought you to The Ville?

Post by One_Medic_Army » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Crimson found his way onto 7 due to low latency and then dragged me on. :)
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 pm

NeoTF

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Peahats » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Hurr.... :evil:

no, I'm just joking, that threads been buried (funny, it was my first thread)

I found The Ville entirely by random April of last year, by playing on one of our severs, TV7 maybe? I really wanted to be part of something at the time, and it was getting lonely jumping from sever to sever with no other friends who played tf2. there was no sense of community or fun when I played tf2 or any game for that matter at that time, and I would've of quit sooner or later. So after looking at these forums I joined up, and I've been here ever since, with my recent initiation into USV I can feel like I'm a true Villun now. I don't think I'm ever gonna leave.

bullet4o1
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullet4o1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

I was in the GamersCoalition community for Counter Strike. After spending time there I got TF2 and they never played it. After a hiatus from gaming I came back to TF2 and saw a server called The Ville. Thought it was this clan http://www.viforlife.com/ They hung around the GamersCoalition community. So yeah I got fooled. But I stayed around since The Ville has the same views as GamersCoalition.
Intel I7 860 | Intel Board | 8GB DDR3 PC1600 | MSI HD5770 Juniper XT | 32 GB SSD | 4.25 TB's and counting!!

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I also started playing TF2 the month it came out, in '07. I spent a few days bouncing around to various servers that gave me low ping, and quickly established a set of two or three favorites. Given that I loved Dustbowl, and TV6 gave me a great ping, it was on that list. Within another week or two it was my go-to, and after a couple months had passed I don't think I ever bothered looking elsewhere. The Ville had the basics I was looking for: skilled play, fun environment, and zero tolerance for racism.

I'm not sure what got me to head to the website, though I know I did at some point, lurking for a time before signing up and posting. Knowing me, my first post was probably a random jump in to an ongoing conversation, where I felt I had something to add that dragged me out of lurkerdom (I tend to do that random appearance thing in forums). It was that action, whatever it was, that saved me from almost certain llamadom - on TV6 I had unwittingly fallen in with a less than desirable group, and it was eVa that extracted me the following year when things hit the fan.

I remained a TV6 resident until I had around 1000 hours in the game, putting in maybe 20 hours total on maps other than dustbowl. It was the prodding of guildmates that eventually got me started visiting other Ville servers, and involvement in the community that got me playing other games. I hated Steam furiously, and for two years I refused to buy anything on it. I finally cracked to purchase Dragon Age: Origins (which turned out to be a great buy!), and it seems I spent the next two years making up for my previous lack of purchasing. I still hate Steam as a DRM concept, but I have to admit it is a great sales platform.

--edit--

Found my first post - it was, aptly enough, jumping in to the middle of the conversation on something I felt strongly about: Linkage
-Boss Llama

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Soltan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Good pings brought me to TheVille and great regulars/community kept me here. TF2 is the first multi-player game I've truly dived into (approaching 3,000 hrs total) and nearly all of them have been on Ville servers. Nothing beats the Purple Place.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:36 pm

i was avid TFC player, and was an admin on a Canadian server. but when TFC died i sought of stumbled in to DOD, after a couple of weeks bouncing around pubs, an old admin on the Canadian server pointed me to the ville as the rules were pretty much identical to the old TFC server. I joined tv3 DOD sever and got a lesson in how to die alot at the hands of Frosty. I then decided i liked it here and ive been here ever since.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:37 pm

I got TF2 the week the Orange Box was released, but did not play it much until after I had finished the other games in the box. But after a while I became hooked, and really bounced around on servers for a few years before loving TheVille for all the regulars. It was great to be able to play with people every few days, talk and joke in the game without danger of trolls.

Anyways, I considered myself a regular for maybe a year or two before joining this here forum. Never had done a forum, and I really didnt know about it much, until I had got into minecraft. I was complaining on one of the TF2 rotation servers, and I believe Crimson or Alizee said something about there being Minecraft servers, and said I should join the forums.

So I did!
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL:

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:47 pm

This story might be a little inconsistent with the one in the old thread. I don't remember which one's more factual. :P

I first tried TF2 in November '08 and wasn't totally sure how it all worked yet. My first-ever online match was a month or so after I first gave the game a look, on a 2fort server with 8 or so total people playing. Afterwards I decided I wanted to find a server with more people to see what a "real" game might be like. My second-ever game was on TV8, and after a few games I made it a regular place to visit.

In October 2009 I realized I was WAY too into TF2, as in it was making me rage hard when I wasn't playing well. So I decided to cut myself off. (As it turned out, the day I cut myself off was the day before the first Halloween event was announced ... man, it was hard to stay away! But I did it...) It wasn't until July of 2010 that I touched it again, but I couldn't really get into it. Around the time of the WAR! Update, I broke off from it again due to lack of interest.

Come February 2011, I decided that I wanted very much to play the game again, despite another part of me wanting to continue ignoring it. That was what finally got me to sign up with The Ville site proper. :) It didn't help me to get back into regularly playing TF2 like I'd originally intended, but it did at least stop me from forgetting about it altogether, and helped it to become the fun, casual thing it is for me now.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Way back in 19 ought 200 hundreded and 7. My friend and former co worker Red Seal told me about this place.
So out of drunkin curiosity, I opened my POS laptop checked it out and joined. Then about 7 months later I gots me a big high power computer with a real keyboard and all, moved out of the sticks and got me some fancy D.S.L.
Thats when I got my first taste of VALVe and Steam.
Then just recently can you believe they asked me to be an admin. Heck it wasn't that long ago I couldn't even spell admin. Now I is one. .
And thats my story.

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Peahats » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Way back in 19 ought 200 hundreded and 7. My friend and former co worker Red Seal told me about this place.
So out of drunkin curiosity, I opened my POS laptop checked it out and joined. Then about 7 months later I gots me a big high power computer with a real keyboard and all, moved out of the sticks and got me some fancy D.S.L.
Thats when I got my first taste of VALVe and Steam.
Then just recently can you believe they asked me to be an admin. Heck it wasn't that long ago I couldn't even spell admin. Now I is one. .
And thats my story.
This was my first impression of Mlite by the way.

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:33 pm

A paddy wagon . . .

Actually my husband was gaming here and I joined him for my first online team gaming experience in DOD 1.3 and enjoyed the people here so much, I never left.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:43 pm

To set people straight on the pronunciation of my name

In all seriousness, I followed an old Tribes 2 buddy, Fozzy, to one of the servers in January of '08. He and his fellow SLO buddy Thatsasomespicymeatballa frequented the Ville servers and I tagged along for a bit. I'm glad I did because I had been playing TF2 since the beta and I had yet to find a fun community.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:51 pm

A friend showed me TV8 back in April and I've been there ever since. :)
I then joined the forums back in October.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent