frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: E3 Expo 2011

Post by frostdillicus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 am

PSV retail for $249, $299 with 3G and AT&T exclusive.

I think the 3DS just got the poop kicked out of it folks.

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 am

KRG wrote:Been watching Bioshock Infinite's progress since it was announced. 2 was lacking for me a bit. As a follow up to a game of the year, it was a little too much more of the same. It just felt more like DLC to me. This new one takes what is great about the franchise and takes it in a much needed new direction.

Can't wait! :)
I feel the same, infinite is an awesome new idea based on the same sort of aesthetic as the first two.

Espada
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Espada » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:01 am

ShiftyDevil wrote:
Espada wrote:It is not the "E3 Expo" since E3 means Electronic Entertainment Expo. You are literally saying Electronic Entertainment Expo Expo.
Worse than ATM machine.
Yes, being over semantic on the internet is a good thing. You sir, will make many friends following your current policy.
I'm slightly OCD (among other things) and this is like nails on a chalkboard. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but it killed me a little inside every time I saw it on the sidebar...I HAD to say it or else I would have drove myself crazy. Yes, I have LOTS of friends because of this crap.

"He's like a guardian angel with a tan hat and a bushy beard!"

Last of The Finest
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Last of The Finest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:33 am

Sony's software announcements were mostly "Eh". I'll be there for Uncharted 3, of course, but otherwise I was underwhelmed.

HARDWARE was where Sony kicked rear and took names. Vita's pricing is perfect and that 24" 3D monitor bundle is going to be awesome if they can hold to that $499 price point.
Participant in Ville Cup '11, Villelympics '11, Warpath Cup '12, Ville Cup '14

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:18 am

Good showing by Nintendo this year. I'm gonna have to see more to make a judgment call on Wii U. It looks pretty and innovative but that controller seems a bit...I dunno, unwieldy.

I am glad I got my 3DS now though, some really good stuff coming this year. Mario Kart, StarFox, new Mario platformer, and Luigi's Mansion sequel all due out before years end? Yes, please.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:26 am

TheCarpe wrote:Good showing by Nintendo this year. I'm gonna have to see more to make a judgment call on Wii U. It looks pretty and innovative but that controller seems a bit...I dunno, unwieldy.

I am glad I got my 3DS now though, some really good stuff coming this year. Mario Kart, StarFox, new Mario platformer, and Luigi's Mansion sequel all due out before years end? Yes, please.
My first thought was oh no Wii tablet! The new console seemed fairly interesting though. It sounded like they are trying to bring back some of the serious gamers to the console which is good. Not sure if the clips they showed with Zelda on it were real or not, but they sure looked awesome.

I had no real urge to get a 3DS before, but it seems like a decent lineup of stuff coming out. I may actually pick one up once some more of the games come out.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:28 am

Did they even show the Wii-U itself, or was the controller the Wii-U?

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:30 am

One of the big problems with Wii games is how much they try to cram so many of it's abilities, needlessly, into games. I can see that problem being compounded by all this.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 am

Bronze Fox wrote:Did they even show the Wii-U itself, or was the controller the Wii-U?
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/the- ... t-console/
I am the 1%!

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 am

They didn't mention GameCube backwards compatibility. This makes me sad :(

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 am

If it can play Wii stuff, I imagine it can play Gamecube stuff too. There was a lot of stuff they didn't talk about this time around.
I am the 1%!

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:40 am

Don't let my negativity fool you, I definitely like what I see. I'm a reformed Nintendo fanboy but still a die-hard fan. I camped out for the Wii, I got both a DS and 3DS on launch day. I want Wii U to succeed, I just need more information.

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:46 am

TheCarpe wrote:Don't let my negativity fool you, I definitely like what I see. I'm a reformed Nintendo fanboy but still a die-hard fan. I camped out for the Wii, I got both a DS and 3DS on launch day. I want Wii U to succeed, I just need more information.
Yeah kind of in the same boat. From the impressions I read from the sites who got to play the system this past weekend, they had nothing but glowing praise for it but said that the unveiling was very underwhelming for what they experienced.

Ignatius
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ignatius » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Two of the new Kirby games look pretty interesting, for Wii and DS respectively:

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Ig ... rbyWii.png

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Ig ... rio3DS.png
TVC'10: Badass Bunch
Warpath Cup'11: Hades Babies, Villympics'11: Bold and the Beautiful, TVC'11: Conballers
Warpath Cup'12: FAIL Villympics`12: ACME

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 pm

If the Wii U (Now officially the worst console name ever) doesn't have GameCube controller ports I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Joystiq came away pretty unimpressed with the ergonomics of that....controller and I generally trust their opinions; and when it comes time for Meta, Vicarious and myself to rock out some Mario Kart all 3 of us usually use a purple controller.

Maybe I'm just a crusty old gamer, but all I see are more famous Nintendo gimmicks, some work out but they often flop, and this doesn't seem promising to me. Oh well, hopefully New New Super Mario Bros Wii U (or whatever the hell they're going to call it) will be awesome, and maybe I'm in the minority but damn I wish they'd bring some Double Dash goodness into the new Mario Kart game. But other than being hopeful for those two new titles, Nintendo is pretty much dead to me at this point.