Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

How did you find the ville?

Post by Peahats » Mon May 16, 2011 6:54 am

I want to know how you found the ville. One day I felt the need to play on cp_gravelpit, so I searched through a bunch of instant-spawn, and bot severs. Finally one sever showed promise. It was TV7, after playing for a bit I found the website and joined. How about you?

zookie
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: How did you find the ville?

Post by zookie » Mon May 16, 2011 7:25 am

I was recommended through Overcharged and Mateothebold. Who both played warpath on TV8 regularly. Poor OC can no longer play due to his remote location..

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Mon May 16, 2011 7:29 am

Way back in 19 ought 200 hundreded and 7. My friend and former co worker Red Seal told me about this place.
So out of drunkin curiosity, I opened my POS laptop checked it out and joined. Then about 7 months later I gots me a big high power computer with a real keyboard and all, moved out of the sticks and got me some fancy D.S.L.
Thats when I got my first taste of VALVe and Steam.
Then just recently can you believe they asked me to be an admin. Heck it wasn't that long ago I couldn't even spell admin. Now I is one. :).
And thats my story.

EmbraceThePing
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by EmbraceThePing » Mon May 16, 2011 7:51 am

Recently started playing L4DoD on the Aussie server and just had join so I could worship at the warped feet of its creator. :P
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is ... a heretic!

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Mon May 16, 2011 8:07 am

i found it to be quite nice, thanks
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Mon May 16, 2011 8:16 am

Flobee wrote:i found it to be quite nice, thanks
I got it, I got it!!

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Mon May 16, 2011 8:26 am

TV7 is in san jose so I have very good ping to it and the searching for servers list of course gos by ping. The I had a good time there so I favorited. a few month later i joined up.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Mon May 16, 2011 8:29 am

i was looking for fun after tfc died and the server i was admin on was no more. i stumbled across DOD 1.3 as my new game of choice, then within a day or so found the old tv3. As the ville had similar rules to my old tfc home i stayed and made friends. ive been here ever since.

I have not played on another server for years now, nothing can even come close to this place or these people.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Mon May 16, 2011 8:46 am

I found it back in 05'. Playing Dod 1.3. The people playing seemed weird and different, they weren't chowderheads like most of the other servers at the time :P

This set them apart. It was pretty well organized. After my 5 year old son got himself banned here (for running around blocking people) I pleaded my case and the banning Admin was nice enough to unban. It showed me the crew here were smart and caring, with children of their own.

It's like life in general, keep searching and you will find what you are looking for. :)

Toby from Human Resources
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Toby from Human Resources » Mon May 16, 2011 8:56 am

I really enjoyed your response, Mlite. :)

I found the Ville back in February-ish of 2010. I didn't play TF2 all that often, but when I did, I played Dustbowl. (The friend who got me into the game always played there and that's where I learned everything.) I hopped around to various 24/7 Dustbowl servers. Then I found a particular one with a heap of good players. A real challenge. Everyone was friendly. That one was, of course, The Ville's 24/7 Dustbowl. I've made a lot of friends from that server. I'd occasionally venture off to the other Ville servers, but I consider TV6 my home.

The Ville is the reason I play this game so often. Always fun times to be had at TV6. :)
Thanks, Beeron. :)

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon May 16, 2011 9:02 am

Back in the beginning of '08 I followed my good buddy from Tribes 2 Fozzy. He and some of his RL friends (including thatsaspicymeatballa) were playing here and I liked the atmosphere so I stuck around.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 am

I played on one of TheVille's TF2 servers a few months after TF2 came out. A few months after that, I joined the forums.

I don't know what made me stay, but I think it might have had something to do with the fact that the server played more than 24/7 2fort. Also everyone was pretty friendly, and I could turn on the ability to hear players' microphones without being aurally bombarded with expletives.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Deslock
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Deslock » Mon May 16, 2011 9:28 am

I found TheVille by chance during the DOD 1.3 era. One of the very few servers during that time that kept control over the griefers, cheaters, lowlifes that seemed all too common almost everywhere else. That and it was populated by a good community (still is). :D Frosty, Maka, Ellroy, Gator, Canadian Rifle were some of the first Villuns I encountered. IIRC, Ellroy was fun to listen to when alltalk was on, we were on opposing teams, and I was using the 'zook at long range. :D (Ellroy: "Wait, is that a bazoo.....*BOOM!*)
Dog isn't Evil, he's Canadian. There's a difference. :lol:
CV 6 USS Enterprise 12 May 1938 - 17 February 1947
CVN 65 USS Enterprise 25 November 1961 - 1 December 2012
CVN 80 USS Enterprise 2025

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Peahats » Mon May 16, 2011 9:38 am

I feel like I should go into more detail with my story. It all started with TamiyaGuy's Tf2 Moment of the week, they played on Facepunch UK and it looked like so much fun. Unfortunately for some reason I could not join Facepunch UK. I was kinda depressed that I would never be able to have the moments that TamiyaGuy had, then I found the Ville. The people here were so nice when the medics healed me they would say "I got you Pea" and when the round was over the comments were flooded with "gg" from both sides. I simply knew that the Ville would be where I had my TF2 moments of the week.

here's his channel if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/TamiyaGuy123
Last edited by Peahats on Mon May 16, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Mon May 16, 2011 9:40 am

Completely random coincidence. The very first server I joined about 5 years ago playing DoD1.3... was playing Saints.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson