Fletch
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

My home's in Alabama!

Post by Fletch » Thu May 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I woke up Wednesday mornin April 27th knowing we were in for some bad storms. I went down stairs for my morning coffee kissed my wife good bye and drove my daughter to school then on to work.When we arrived at her school they told us to go ahead and take her home that they would more than likely shut down today. I thought to myself WTF I gotta work So I took her to my mothers house the whole way there cussing Huntsville city schools (it seems that every time the wind blows lately the shut down).Mean while my wife was driving my 8 month old son to her folks house in Harvest and then on to work herself. As the day went on things got pretty bad storm wise but in my opinion nothing out of the ordinary for our area we get some whoppers.After the first real wave hit I began to worry about my son in harvest I called my mother-inlaw and everything was ok. One of my co-workers said if I needed to go I could and normaly I would have stayed no matter the conditions outside, just not my style to go home early. For some reason I decided to leave. Normaly on my early day (when I get one) I go striaght home and take advantage of the peace and quite while everyone is off in the prospective places. That day I drove striaght to Harvest approx an hour out of my way and snached up my son then on to my mothers for my daughter. Sitting at home I watched the news streaming about the storms rolling in. when the first one hit Norad I called my mother in-law, Told them they need to find shelter soon that there was a tornado on the ground in there area. It would be the last time I talked to her until 11pm that night when the showed up on my front step shaken bruised and covered in mud. They looked like the had gone Ten rounds and lost. My inlaws are some the most stubborn strong willed people I have ever known. I had never seen them this shaken. Like I said I knew that morning it was going to be bad, but I had no idea it was going to be like this. I have been threw 2 hurricanes and 4 tornadoes but never in my life have I seen devastation like this. Thank god my in-laws are pretty self sufficient financially. So many in our area are not and regardless of your social stature well the clean up is just unbearable alone. If any of you have it in your heart to give or volunteer call 1800 redcross or go to redcross.org. ther are so many that need help.

here are some pics from my what was my in-laws house.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: My home's in Alabama!

Post by Boss Llama » Thu May 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Wow, Fletch. I'm glad your family made it through it, and thank goodness you picked up your kids! Sorry to see so much damage done.
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Wow, glad to hear everyone in your family made it out of there safely.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri May 13, 2011 6:16 am

Holy crap, glad you're kids are safe and the in-laws are alright, Fletch, that was a close call.

Those hit LaGrange where we used to live and did the same thing to the homes of some folks we know, I can't beleive so many hit all the same time over such a wide area.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 am

:O glad to hear everyone in your family made it out of there safely.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Fri May 13, 2011 6:50 am

Glad your In-laws are safe, and no one in the family lost thier lives.
I know your frustrtion and pain about the storms.

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Fri May 13, 2011 8:07 am

Wow thats pics are frightening but after seeing all that damage I'm glad to hear that your family is alright.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Fri May 13, 2011 10:15 am

It's a good thing your family made it out safely. Things like this are pretty humbling.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014