KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Villun of the Month - April 2011

Post by KRG » Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Raise your glasses for our Villun of the Month for April 2011

:dance: :dance: :dance: :smilecolros: FLASH :smilecolros: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Steam name/in-game handle:
Flash.TVR

Favorite servers
TV1, TV8 (TF2) & TV5 (Minecraft)

Favorite TF2 classes
Engineer, Pyro and Medic

First time you gamed here
I started playing DoD 1.3 at The Ville way back around 2005 or 2006 I think, when all my college buddies quit playing CS. I gamed infrequently for a while but always remembered The Ville as a fun place to play without having to search for servers. When Daisy and I finally got around to buying TF2 we knew exactly where to go.

First people you met
The person who inspired me to finally join the forums and get more involved was Dirty Dan. We were probably on TV1 when Steel came up and I remember Dan being very friendly and helpful. JD stands out in my mind as a good friend from when I started becoming more involved at The Ville.

Special shout outs
There are so many good people here at The Ville it is hard to single anyone out. The constant generosity shown by our members here is nothing short of astounding. I hope to one day give back even a fraction of what has been given to me. I know I've found a gaming home for life.

My lovely wife Daisy, all my guild mates in TVR, the minecraft crew on TV5, everyone who spends hours to help seed the servers, my teammates on The Giblets and Hale's Angels, the list could go on and on... I really enjoy gaming with everyone here at The Ville, thanks to you all for making this place special. ~Flash

And now, some words about Flash from the community;

Seeding, seeding, seeding... It seems like he's always inviting me to help seed a server, great job.
Personally, I cannot believe he has not yet been awarded this distinction. He is consistently working to further the overall experience here. Whether it's putting in long hours in-game seeding servers, or even the little things such as spearheading a very active TF2 weapon exchange program on the forums, he's always right in the middle of things. It'd be hard to ask for a better member.
For his hours and hours of dedication seeding servers and all the work he put into being a captain in the Warpath Cup!
Flash is the goods. He's fun to play with, generous and an overall good guy.
I frequently come back to my computer to see that I've had an invite from Flash trying to seed one of the various TF2 servers, what a champ.
Flash! Haaaeeeeeaaaahhh! Master of the Universe! Flash, you're one of those rare pegs that fits right into TheVille's hole. errr. . . .I swear that means something good!

And now, some community words recognizing other fantastic individuals;

<eVa>mlite
He took the time to explain the two years worth of changes and answer all my stupid questions when I came back.

Araris
for being such a generous villun
For teh generosites!

black_and_blue
B&B is a seeding machine, always sending invites and getting games started. He's been a loyal Villun for quite some time, and is a valuable member of the community.

Bronze Fox
Can't think of anyone more deserving, always getting me involved in everything be it seeding, shenanigans, or other games. Helpful too, especially when it came to somewhat teaching me how to play Killing Floor.
Good kid, but so serious all the time.

chaffe[seagreens]
For being an awesome Portal 2 co-op partner and a great teammate during The Warpath Cup!

Cpt. Winky
Cause he loves to gorge himself on jelly filled donuts.

Dog
Dog doesn't get nearly enough recognition for all the hard work he puts in for the ville. Between helping to keep the servers running and all his wonderful work on L4DoD, Dog is one of the best Villuns that we have here. Thanks Dog, keep up the good work.
With the latest "wonderfull" Valve updates, the servers really took a hit. Dog's excellent Left4DoD mod worst of all. Dog put in a lot of hard work getting the servers up. He weathered the storm of disgruntled players that didn't understand how much work it takes to keep things running smoothly. I say a hearty "Thanks very much" to Dog and all the extra work he put in. I used all my letters!!

Flaming Cheese Wheel
I think that it would mean a lot to my friend, Cheese, to receive this award from you guys. He starts up TV2 almost nightly, and tries to play fair in game. He is also very active on your forums as well as helpful to new players and sometimes he is even humourous :) Grover.
Cheese has been going out of his way to seed the custom server and show us every weird map loaded on it. Good times
Really glad FCW decided to take up roots here. Love his random posts. :D
Getting us to do a fun tour of custom servers, aka making us play viking :)

gator
He is the man. Give him gatorade and watch him amaze! Also, he helps a lot in-game and outside of gaming. Seriously, the man is a java guru.
I haven't been around much of late. I asked who to vote for. No one answered but him. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

Gonzo
For behind the scenes organization.

Kilgore Trout
Kilgore is one of the most important space scientists of the last 20 years, I'm hoping if he wins this it will lessen the crushing emptiness from not winning the nobel prize. Or any space prizes.

malkazar
For being a great guy in game. And helping put time into trying to seed the servers with me in the mid morning.

MateoTheBold!
His posts are always so creative and funny, and his Zookie contest was a blast. He's just a fun gun to play with really.

Plas
Plas' generosity and activity is the epitome of what makes The Ville a great gaming community.
Incoming!

Stevo
Stevo doesn't need another one of these but he is such an important part of TheVille. Always updating servers behind the scenes, being a great guy to play with in-game, having a wicked sense of humor, he brings so much to our community. Thanks, sir!

Zork Nemesis
Zork started a thread in which he donated his entire Valve game collection that he received as a reward for getting a golden potato to the Ville community. This got the ball rolling and several others chipped in to donate their extas as well. Beyond that, he is always polite and courteous in the forums, and in game. He an asset to the community.

Thank you all for being amazing members of TheVille Family. :clap:

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Villun of the Month - April 2011

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed May 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Phew, tons of votes this month.

Congrats Flash!!

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed May 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Congrats Flash !!!!!

Ignatius
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ignatius » Wed May 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Grats Flash
TVC'10: Badass Bunch
Warpath Cup'11: Hades Babies, Villympics'11: Bold and the Beautiful, TVC'11: Conballers
Warpath Cup'12: FAIL Villympics`12: ACME

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Wed May 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Awesome that Flash won it. I have enjoyed the fruits of his labor seeding and via the weapon exchange. Congrats!

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Wed May 04, 2011 7:43 pm

congrats
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

bz
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bz » Wed May 04, 2011 7:48 pm

hard earned and well deserved!
fear no darkness.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Congrats, Flash :icon_ultragrin:
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Checkm8 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:59 pm

good job there... you silly goose you.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Wed May 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Grats Flash
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Wed May 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Well deserved my TVR brotherm from another mother.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 pm

:clap:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed May 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Congratulations, Flash! Well done :-)
-Boss Llama

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Grats Flash!!

Also to all the other vote getters, love seeing so many votes cast!! :)
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Wed May 04, 2011 8:56 pm

TheCarpe wrote:Congrats, Flash :icon_ultragrin: