If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
LonelyTentacle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Your First Ville Days

Post by LonelyTentacle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:04 pm

I used to play around the ville, especially on the Avanti server, back in the TFC days. I totally don't recall anyone in specific that played there back then. I never tried to socialize though, just kill stuff and jump flags.

When I started back with TF2 I started on the dustbowl server. There wasn't one specific first villun I noticed as the same crew were always on when I was. I remember Potato from day 1 always sniping, I remember Garrett blessing souls with arrows in the sewer tunnel of cap 3, I remember Cari being a medic who'd actually heal on a pug, I remember heavy hoedowns with Giz, I remember Alex with random comments during games, and caulk/rumple/blueingreen with their sg goodness.

Krantz
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Krantz » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:46 pm

The Tiju ftw.

An honourable mention to all members of The Ville Cup winning team Black Label Society, back in the 1.3 days.
http://www.theville.org/2002-2006/viewtopic.php?t=22584

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZr5sTzvcg

Can't forget about VTec and Mal as well. A lot of the others have already been mentioned.

Man In A Mask
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Man In A Mask » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:39 am

Im pretty new to the ville, not sure exactly when I first joined but I think it was early last year. I play a lot on the rotation but never really socialized. It was the Ville Cup over the summer that I joined in that I consider my first real Ville experience. Turns out besides being far better skill wise then your average pub/ valve server, you guys were all pretty awesome.

Now I try to join TV7 or try to seed it whenever people are around but seem to always end up on dustbowl. Hopefully I will be able to make more of the events as my schedule should (theoretically) stabilize again once school starts up again.

Definitely glad I found you guys and stay around. It can only get better from here!

Emily Brontësaurus
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Emily Brontësaurus » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:36 am

I guess I found this place about a year ago? I'm pretty new too. My circle of friends (you might know Zuul, Kayle, and Shack Buchanan) and I used to have a server but as admins know, it's a lot of work; once we found TheVille we pretty much migrated here and eventually shut down our server.

Shack Buchanan talked me into signing up for The Ville Cup last summer and Eumoria kindly asked me to join team GCI and I was thrilled... until I broke my wrist and put myself out of the Cup and out of the game for a few months. But my teammates encouraged me to join matches and even gave me shout-outs during the game, which really meant a lot to me (more than I can say, honestly) when I couldn't join in the fun.

At the end of the Cup and around the time of my return in October, I was graciously asked to join TVR and it's been a blast. I really really love playing this game with this group: my skills have gotten a thousand times better while I'm having the most fun I've ever had playing TF2. Thanks for letting me in your playground. :)
Emily Brontësaurus | Jane Austentatious | [Hell] Eclipse

she was sinister but she was happy / and you can't say that of everybody, can you?

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:49 pm

DOW wrote:JCOM (obviously) then JD and the O.V.s on low-grav Turkeyburgerville. 56k dial-up FTW!

Remember waiting for the server to go online? :wink:

oh man, need another one of those games nights.