FragFailure
TVB Leadership
TVB Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Your First Ville Days

Post by FragFailure » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:01 am

Bronze Fox wrote:
FragFailure wrote:Then again, I haven't played since August.
August of what year? :P
'07!
TVB Founder - Established in September 2001

Carrying 4,219 high quality posts over from the old board

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:09 am

John Doe wrote:Back when I started playing at the Ville it was called TurkeyburgerVille and the 3 regs I come to know well were Herman Munster (changed his name to Robert E. Lee) JohnCarterofMars and Cadman.
Rob was Eddie Munster back in dem days. :)
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SilverOne » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 am

I go way back too....

First people I met here? Robert E. Lee, JD, Buford Pusser, Cadman and Jcom. On Avantiville back in the TFC days of course!

Little history... JD has been an admin the longest @ the ville. Then myself. I became an admin a week or so after Avantiville started.

I suddenly feel old. haha
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

tsmitho
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by tsmitho » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 am

way back in the day of like a year ago when i started playing i remember playing on Warpath every night and knew most of the people who frequented it. I havent played any map latley :( (actually have to get my stuff together for the last couple weeks of the semester) and havent played warpath much since my starting months

| AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition | ATI 5830 | 4GB Corsair Dominator PC6400 | ASUS Board | Liquid Cooled |

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:41 am

When i joined the forums, I was on a dial up connection. At the time I worked with Red Seal. Then I moved and got DSL. Started playing DoD:S with Dog, Red Seal, l3eeron, Ladeee, Taco, D.O.W, & Fletch. I have meet more people than I can even try to remember.

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 am

<eVa>mlite wrote:When i joined the forums, I was on a dial up connection. At the time I worked with Red Seal. Then I moved and got DSL. Started playing DoD:S with Dog, Red Seal, l3eeron, Ladeee, Taco, D.O.W, & Fletch. I have meet more people than I can even try to remember.

I remember those days! We had a hoot on DOD:S. I will never forget the RPG mod of Dogs and shooting a bathtub of people off into the air. LOL! I sure miss Taco. Tamale is on Facebook and I still keep up with her. However, I've lost track of Taco.

Powdermilkman
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Powdermilkman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:29 pm

SilverOne wrote:I go way back too....

First people I met here? Robert E. Lee, JD, Buford Pusser, Cadman and Jcom. On Avantiville back in the TFC days of course!

Little history... JD has been an admin the longest @ the ville. Then myself. I became an admin a week or so after Avantiville started.

I suddenly feel old. haha

You make me feel old Silver cause i remember you becoming an admin. I remember playing here when it was turkeyburgerville and the first people i met were JD, Robert E. Lee, and Silver. In fact it is those three guys (mainly JD and Silver) who were the first folks to strike up a conversation with me, which was something i really needed at the time. Because of those guys i have never played anywhere else and will never play anywhere else.

PMM

Fraulein Arztin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fraulein Arztin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:
Fox_Blaze wrote:I've long since forgotten which server I started playing on, or whether or not I was still known as Blaze Fox. I just know that back in my early early days i poke and prodded for Frau to finally join, sometimes literally.
I think you had another name back in when you first joined us. I seem to recall you being on Badlands with us, early on, which probably puts it on TV7, though possibly TV1.

-----

Just occured to me it can be looked up in your stats. Earliest name shown is "{2FF} SHANNON-Uber Trooper(TV)"
I remember she got that name from our friend Mucsdnop when he was drunk.... we were playing on warpath he and was trying to guess our names.
I think my earliest name was Pinkwoman under my dads account Governator.
I wonder if anyone remembers that.... probably not.

Sargee
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Sargee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Stevo was around all the time back in the day.

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:39 pm

I don't remember meeting anyone specific my first times @ the ville, but I was 12/13 years old getting totally sucked into my first major FPS game, TFC! Avantiville & pete's avanti/dustbowl rocked! After that I got sucked into competitive CS for 6+ years(and did pretty well), until I once again found myself as a recreational gamer on the ville TF2 servers. Since TF2 came out, my gaming experience has almost solely been on TV except when WoW sucks me back in or something of the like.

My #1 tf2 wish is for a killer avanti map and to be able to play it with this community.....endlessly. MEEEEEEMMOOORRIEEESSS!!

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:29 am

Well it all started on Dustbowl well I met ghob, rammy, beef, and other people who played dustbowl alot.
I remember when dog used to play tf2. Those were the good days

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:08 am

I remember the first time I played DOD:S. JD killed me a lot. That was the case for the next month about.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

FUSE
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by FUSE » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:33 pm

I have no idea who I first "met" at The Ville but I do remember having such a good time playing DOD 1.3 on The Ville server that I decided to stay, that's the game that I came to The Ville with. Those were the best days, I think nearly every Villun played DOD1.3. Oxo & pinkboots, Frosty1, Nuckin, Beeron, Replica, JD, loka, Ellroy, just to name a few off the top of my head, though there were many more DOD1.3 regulars.

I loved playing on The Ville servers with everyone so I stuck around!

MISTER FUSSY -V$-

''But we can perhaps remember...that those who live with us are our brothers; that they share with us the same short moment of life.'' -RFK

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:32 pm

yeah FUSE, you freakin k98 hacker.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Gruelsicle
Server Admin
Server Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Gruelsicle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:36 pm

I was a player on Turkeyburgers and especially Avantiville in the tfc days. Avanti to me was always the most beautiful map, and it sure was fun riding friendly sniper dots across the map to infect the heck out of the other team.
I wasn't active in the forums though until theville sent out a mass mailing a few months before tf2 came out to ask people to drop by before their forum accounts were deactivated.
Glad I became active again.