DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

The Walking Dead

Post by DrunkenTrom » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 am

The Walking Dead has been one of my favorite comic book series for awhile now. It's a zombie apocalypse themed series that tends to focus more on the character development(or degradation) of the survivors rather then the horror aspects of their situation. I was definitely happy when it was announced last year that they were turning it into a television series on AMC since I had recently become a fan of both Breaking Bad and Mad Men so I think they could actually do the source material justice on that channel. The show premieres this month on Halloween at 10pm EST. Here's the extended Comic-Con trailer for the show:

For anyone who isn't a fan of the comic, here's a good overview but be warned it's filled with spoilers in case you ever plan on reading the series:

http://www.comicvine.com/the-walking-dead/49-18166/

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Plinko » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 am

I am very stoked for this show, never read the comics but heard they were pretty awesome. This show was filmed in Georgia so I'm hoping to recognize some shooting locales.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DrunkenTrom » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Plinko wrote:I am very stoked for this show, never read the comics but heard they were pretty awesome. This show was filmed in Georgia so I'm hoping to recognize some shooting locales.
I started reading the books in trade format awhile ago but long after the initial inception in 2003. I'm currently on the 5th or 6th one I believe and if I remember correctly each trade is about 7 issues each so I'm not even halfway through the series yet. The first 4-5 story arcs all take place in and around Atlanta and that's awesome that they're filming the show basically on location so it will be pretty cool if you recognize any of the locales. I have really high hopes for the television adaptation and it looks amazing so far from the trailers.

bz
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 pm

They actually released a 17-minute behind-the-scenes look at the production a couple days ago:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/10/12/ ... king-dead/
fear no darkness.

DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DrunkenTrom » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:41 pm

bz wrote:They actually released a 17-minute behind-the-scenes look at the production a couple days ago:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/10/12/ ... king-dead/
Nice

tsmitho
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by tsmitho » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:41 pm

never heard of it but any show involving zombies is good in my book

| AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition | ATI 5830 | 4GB Corsair Dominator PC6400 | ASUS Board | Liquid Cooled |

Mal.TVR
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Mal.TVR » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:21 am

Umm...the whole waking up in the hospital after zombie apocalypse is very...28 Days Later. Which was filmed I believe in 2002, and the comic started in 2003.

Other than that, it looks cool. I hope I can find a channel up here in Canada to watch it on. Zombies > Ninjas > Pirates
It's a long hard road coming to recover from World of Warcrack, but I hope you'll help me bare the load while I travel that road.

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 am

Looks fairly interesting. I may have to set the DVR.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 am

28 Days Later was filmed mostly in 2001, but was not released in the UK November 2002 and not in the US until Summer 2003. I assume the Walking Dead was written well before it's publication in Fall 2003.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Lt.Tango
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Lt.Tango » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 am

It was pretty kick arse and i cant want till next week!
"Life is what happens when your busy making other plans" John Lennon

Agent X
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Agent X » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 pm

I've been DVRing it. Have only seen the first 30 minutes so far. Have to wait later at night when I have time so the little ones don't see it. The last thing I need is for them to have zombie nightmares, lol!

Like what I have seen so far. Hope I get caught up soon.
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/agentsollysig.gif[/img]

[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/TVC09/agentx.jpg[/img]

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:22 pm

I don't think the Asian kid is coming back. lol
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:11 am

Daisy and I have been watching it also. She screams when zombies chase her in L4D, I'd be screwed in a real zombie apocalypse!

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 am

I just watched the pilot, I was really impressed. Far better than I had expected, now I'm sad that I haven't been watching the whole thing.

DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DrunkenTrom » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 am

metacide wrote:I just watched the pilot, I was really impressed. Far better than I had expected, now I'm sad that I haven't been watching the whole thing.
They've only aired the first two episodes so far and the second episode just aired this past Sunday so you haven't missed much. I know that it's on "on demand" here for me on Comcast, and I'm pretty sure Tango told me it was also on his on demand and he has Charter as a cable provider. You could always go the torrent route too if you need to catch up.

On another note Robert Kirkman(the creator/writer of the comic, as well as one of the executive producers of the show) posted on his twitter account on Monday stating that the show has been picked up for a second season officially by AMC. They originally only signed a contract for a 6 episode run. Now I'm wondering if they'll extend the number of episodes this season as well or if we'll only get the first 6 and then have to wait a year as they ramp up writing/filming/production?

Regardless I'm super stoked for this series and it has definitely started out strong. The first episode was 90% true to the source material, while the second episode strayed away from the comic in a few regards but nothing plot breaking, just minor details I suppose. I can't wait until next Sunday for the next one! As well as next week for the 13th trade paperback of the comic to come out!