The History of "The Ville"

If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Re: The History of "The Ville"

Post by Nuckin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:13 pm

[quote="spm97";p="187722"][quote="Nuckin";p="187716"]I think we had a thread on the old forums explaining the history of the ville.. I might be crazy but I remember seeing it a few years ago when we had the old forums...[/quote]

I've been looking for it, but haven't found it yet....plus, if it was on the old forums, it might need updating.

The goal is to get something posted here that is "Stickied" at the top level for everyone to see.

Spam[/quote]

I will dig through and see if I can pull it up from the old forums. I remember seeing it just been awhile..

Yeah I like the idea. Have it all in one spot and stickied, good stuff.
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:37 pm

[quote="Stevo";p="187675"]An article about a gaming community does not belong on Wikipedia...[/quote]

Ummm I am actually surprised that there is no listing of theVille all ready on Wikipedia

My old home/stomping Grounds AnB & the CTR are both listed on Wikipedia

If interested you can look them up for your self but they are both there....................
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:01 pm

this is neat stuff!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:45 pm

don't forget to add lots of " it sucked" and " everyone hated it"'s because that makes history threads funny. kinda like this..

Jun 18, 2005, Replica/Gizanked ( along with DukeNukem and s.Squirrel)becomes an admin, everyone hated it
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:40 pm

[quote="Rigges";p="187752"][quote="Stevo";p="187675"]An article about a gaming community does not belong on Wikipedia...[/quote]

Ummm I am actually surprised that there is no listing of theVille all ready on Wikipedia

If interested you can look them up for your self but they are both there....................[/quote]

To be fair, they're just in a disambiguation page for the initials "CTR", not their own full-fledged page.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

machinegunkelly
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by machinegunkelly » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:51 pm

well i find this really cool.... lol

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:05 pm

[quote="Rigges";p="187752"]
[quote="Stevo";p="187675"]An article about a gaming community does not belong on Wikipedia...[/quote]

If interested you can look them up for your self but they are both there....................
[/quote]
I'll just cite the deletion notice on the page...
This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

* 09:37, 7 August 2009 NawlinWiki (talk | contribs) deleted "Theville.org" ‎ (A7: Article about a web site, blog, web forum, webcomic, podcast, browser game, or similar web content, which does not indicate the importance or significance of the subject)
August 7th, 2009: TheVille is rejected by Wikipedia, everyone hated it

SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SilverOne » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Might need JD's help on this...

The original Avantiville admins (when switched from Turkeyburgerville) were Robert E. Lee, John Carter of Mars, John Doe, Buford Pusser and Cadman? Am I missing anyone?

Robert E. Lee was called the Mayor.

I was the first recruited admin outside the originals. It was a month or so after tfc.clarkgraphics.com opened. I was in -TPF- Along with most of the admins until PWG came along.

FragFailure became an admin on the 4th of July 2001 right Frag? Cycodad and Stump were announced the same day.

Avantiville had a mascot called "The General" It was a statue that was always present on avanti. Along with a palm tree. :) IM sure somebody has it to show.

Llama Beans server. Some of us used to call it Llama Beans magical IP. It would turn on in the afternoon... it would fill up within minutes. lol

I'm sure i'll come up with some more stuff.
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 pm

oh the days of getting home from school and having to wait for a server to come online...

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 am

[quote="SilverOne";p="187770"]Might need JD's help on this...

The original Avantiville admins (when switched from Turkeyburgerville) were Robert E. Lee, John Carter of Mars, John Doe, Buford Pusser and Cadman? Am I missing anyone?

Robert E. Lee was called the Mayor.

I was the first recruited admin outside the originals. It was a month or so after tfc.clarkgraphics.com opened. I was in -TPF- Along with most of the admins until PWG came along.

FragFailure became an admin on the 4th of July 2001 right Frag? Cycodad and Stump were announced the same day.

Avantiville had a mascot called "The General" It was a statue that was always present on avanti. Along with a palm tree. :) IM sure somebody has it to show.

Llama Beans server. Some of us used to call it Llama Beans magical IP. It would turn on in the afternoon... it would fill up within minutes. lol

I'm sure i'll come up with some more stuff.[/quote]

Cool! More early, pre-forum info! Thanks!

Quick Question - was the llama beans server TV2 or even later than that ?

Spam
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]

SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SilverOne » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:55 am

Llama beans server was tv3.
http://villetest.guildeva.org/viewtopic ... hlight=tv3

- Nov 2002-present. Merf and Silverone donate servers to The Ville. TV1 owned by Merf. TV5 (originally) and now TV4/14 Silverone. Shortly after Danno also joins to help run the servers (trying to find the date he stopped).

- October 2006 - The same time Simple and Stutter become the Ville owners, Dog comes aboard to help with the website and servers. Quicky becomes the wizard behind the scenes. Merf and Silverone step aside and fill in/help when needed. Dog's creativity shows throughout The Ville today.

Ok I need to stop talking about myself..... haha
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:10 am

[quote="TheCarpe";p="187759"]
[quote="Rigges";p="187752"][quote="Stevo";p="187675"]An article about a gaming community does not belong on Wikipedia...[/quote]

If interested you can look them up for your self but they are both there....................[/quote]

To be fair, they're just in a disambiguation page for the initials "CTR", not their own full-fledged page.
[/quote][quote="Stevo";p="187765"]
[quote="Rigges";p="187752"]

[/quote]
I'll just cite the deletion notice on the page...
This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

* 09:37, 7 August 2009 NawlinWiki (talk | contribs) deleted "Theville.org" ‎ (A7: Article about a web site, blog, web forum, webcomic, podcast, browser game, or similar web content, which does not indicate the importance or significance of the subject)
August 7th, 2009: TheVille is rejected by Wikipedia, everyone hated it
[/quote]

Awww you guys Looked That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

ANd Carp yes it may be just a Note but hey they are there still yes it was not the full fledged history and down fall of them but they are there and theVille is not listed as just a Great gaming community on the Wikipedia

additionally yes I think arfy jumped the gun by posting the entire umm rough of theville history on Wikipedia
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 pm

I lost a lot of my old pics in a crash a long time ago, this is the best shot of the general I could find;

It's the old welcome screen you would see when joining Avantiville, I had made it into a sig.

I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:19 pm

The longevity of the ville is truly impressive. My last community survived from 04-09. I was reluctant to get more involved at the ville sooner since my last community was on life support since 08. It's hard to let go. It's still there, but it's dead, and I realized I've really considered the ville my home since late 08. The key differences that cause this community to thrive I think are the organized seeding efforts, official guilds to keep people close, adapting to new games, and surviving ownership changes.

I anticipate no heartbreak here :D

Thanks for the history, it's fun to see how things get their start.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:58 pm

[quote="Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42";p="187817"]I lost a lot of my old pics in a crash a long time ago, this is the best shot of the general I could find;

It's the old welcome screen you would see when joining Avantiville, I had made it into a sig.

Image[/quote]

if it weren't for that sprite i don't know if i ever would have found this place.