If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
ZRDeuce
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Found the account hijacker (sort of)

Post by ZRDeuce » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:51 am

I'm like an old dog with a bone when something like getting my account hijacked happens. The hijacker left one valuable clue which was the account name of the web site where the fake page was hosted. I was able to find out the following:

I know his first name
I know what city and state he lives in
I know he's been banned for hacking at CS
I know he sells stolen accounts
I know where he sells them (seen mine there up for sale, I could just buy it from him)
I know his hotmail e-mail address
I know his AIM address
I know what his hobbies are, other than stealing & selling steam accounts

But I am not too sure what to do with all the above information, which is why I did not just post it. I think I have taken my sleuthing as far as I can. Should I post all the above info here so that the rest of you can get in on trying to find out who he is? Should I just e-mail him and ask for it back?

Since people are getting there accounts back I could probably just wait for mine and then e-mail him later.

Comments?

ZRDeuce

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:05 am

I have no idea how to report this crap... it is a criminal charge, no?

Maybe call the police dept of the city he lives in and ask them?

I wouldn't email him at all. Just get it back through steam and report him without having any direct contact.... that's just me.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:10 am

Wow, if it's right you did some great work, ZR.

My advice to you would be to report the theft, your findings (and show your work!) to your local police, attempt to submit to the Canadian Federal authorities (your FBI-equvialent as this crime crossed national boundries) and report it also to Valve who will try to shut him down as well. Another good idea would be to report him to his state police jurisdiction.

DO NOT post it here or share that info with others except maybe privately with others who were hijacked, that might well hamper your seeking of satisfaction. If you contact him, only do so to ask if you can purchase the account and ask where he got it. If you tip him that he stole this from you, he may shut down and r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Of course, if he registered the faked domain himself, he's the stupidest person I've ever heard of, or this is a strawman.

If the authorities fail you, call the A-Team.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 am

[quote="Plinko";p="166348"]r-u-n-n-o-f-t[/quote]

:lol:

I love that movie.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Found the account hijacker (sort of)

Post by Tungsten » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 am

Post it on 4chan, in the video game section. I'm sure we'll all get a good laugh.

Ironwolf
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ironwolf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 am

you could always give us the information, we could use it far more efficiently than the authorities :p

naturaly im just joking. submit it to the GRC (federal police) since this crime is spread across borders it is best to hang them at the federal level.
Commissar Wolf reporting to the front line!

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:51 am

[quote="Tungsten";p="166353"]Post it on 4chan, in the video game section. I'm sure we'll all get a good laugh.[/quote]

i was thinking you should make a personal army request on the random board

Buzzy Beetle
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Buzzy Beetle » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 pm

[quote="ZRDeuce";p="166345"]
But I am not too sure what to do with all the above information, which is why I did not just post it. I think I have taken my sleuthing as far as I can. Should I post all the above info here so that the rest of you can get in on trying to find out who he is? Should I just e-mail him and ask for it back?

Since people are getting there accounts back I could probably just wait for mine and then e-mail him later.
[/quote]

If stealing and selling steam accounts is something that he does for the sake of doing (aside from making money) then he's probably been doing it for some time now. Him being a banned hacker clenches this. People like this are difficult to reason with, for as far as he's gone, he hasn't stopped.

I think that if you put in a request for Steam to return your account, let Steam Support run its course.

Afterwards, I am a firm believer that any administered punishment should fit the crime commited. While a Personal Army request is hit or miss in weather it happens or not, if it does hit, it's the closest to damnation one can get without actually being dead. As much as I'd like to see him face this, I'd love to hear his side of it. Without lying. (Yes, i read Killgore's post). Though it is in the human condition to lie (and, at the end of the day, that's all he is) I don't think honesty from a hijacker is what we're going to get.

I suppose the short answer is... I'm certain we should do something. Don't know what, but I'm thinking that the most desired retribution action is potentially too harsh. Would like to think of something else.

(And don't get me wrong, I would love to see him burn, but... trying to be civil here, which is something he wouldn't give us. Be better than him.)
Last edited by Buzzy Beetle on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I proudly support Independent Developers, Local Businesses, and SNAILGOSH.

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:08 pm

You need to give the Info to the FBI and the RCMP and the Mexican = of them is he in the USA ?

PM me with some of the INFO as if he is close I will go get him and take him down.

But really give all the Info to the FBI at www.FBI.gov there is a place to post it and every one who has been Hijacked should contact the FBI and There equivalent. I can't stress that More tell the Authorities. DO it Do it NOW!!!!

They will go after him and take him down its an international crime now.

he is really a terrorist he has scared many of you and caused social and economic injury and has terrorized the gaming community.

Remember when you tell the Authorities you say you were scared you were hurt you felt terrorized and that will take care of his butt that in addition to passing on his info and what were and when it was stolen.

that Will get his Azz and when he is with his new friend Bubba the Little boy will think dang I was stupid for ruining the games of all those innocent game players out there. then Bubba will have him work on his Joy stick and the Little bastard will deserve every painful inch....

Sorry I just hate thieves and Criminals.

I just Want him Powned (owned????)

---===
Last edited by Rigges on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Give the address to me

My men will "take care" of this guy :twisted:

(just kidding)

IN all seriousness I don't know
Last edited by Guardian on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 pm

[quote="Jesus_Faction";p="166361"][quote="Tungsten";p="166353"]Post it on 4chan, in the video game section. I'm sure we'll all get a good laugh.[/quote]

i was thinking you should make a personal army request on the random board[/quote]

There is no justice like mob justice. It's really tempting though. Part of me wants to say "Let's close this pool criminal operation."

Sometimes I hate being a good guy.

Ironwolf
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ironwolf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:34 pm

you know, if he wents through this much trouble, odds are he is using a chain link of zombie computers to wreak havoc.

if he didnt then then he is just small fish really, a real cyber criminal would know better than to leave traces like that. Just hand out your information to the federal police.
Commissar Wolf reporting to the front line!

Mike12Nite
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Mike12Nite » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:43 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="166367"]Give the address to me

My men will "take care" of this guy :wicked:

IN all seriousness I don't know[/quote]

OOO what do you mean by "take care" of him? Are you gonna like, take him to a spa and give him a massage? YOU ARE SOOOO NICE! WE SHOULD SOOO DATE!

I'm not sure what you could do with this information, just make sure the guy doesn't know he's been found out so he wont close everything down before you can show it to someone as proof. Don't do anything to reckless, think up a good game plan. Maybe you can send this information to Steam some how? Pretty awesome that you found all that information out.
[img]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4102/takashi12221111111.jpg[/img]

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Does he take Paypal? If he does, all it takes is one fake offer to buy to learn his Paypal address, which will necessarily be linked to a credit card, bank account, or both. With that, law enforcement could very easily subpoena his name, address, and all that jazz, and crush him for wire fraud.
-Boss Llama

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:19 pm

well if he have his first name and state\city, maybe we can get his ISP. that would nail him to the wall as we would get his full name, address and we can file not only a complaint but further the capture of this guy.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008