If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

George Rush St.Pierre

Post by Shifty » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:20 pm

So who watched him knock the snot out of BJ "Jackass" Penn?

Was the most intense fight I've ever watched, especially when the entire bar I was at was going for George. People where coming in off the street and cramming in (standing) just to watch the fight. It was one of the best sporting experiences ever!

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Yea that was a good fight I watched it. There were a few good ones last night. Hey the 1st round was really good.
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:52 pm

GSP is a monster.

I like Penn, he was a little douchey when he was younger but he's a decent guy.

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:58 pm

A decent guy? Did you not watch or read any of the pre-fight interviews? He insulted GSP nonstop. Never heard so much trash talk before a UFC fight before.

I'm also happy that Machida knocked out Silva and that the caveman Guida took out Diaz in a split.

Great fights!

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:40 pm

Arg, you're spoiling it, I only caught the GSP fight (my buddy recorded the fight, and we watched the GSP fight before the game today).

And did not see any pre-fight interviews. I'm going off the million interviews I've seen the guy give before.

Bakuryu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: George Rush St.Pierre

Post by Bakuryu » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:56 am

I loved watching the fight, but I don't think BJ can handle people outside of the lightweight class. He went in at 168, I think GSP probably went in at around 185 or so, and when you are giving up nearly 20 pounds to a fighter who already has speed, reach, and a well-rounded game, chances are you'll probably end up losing.

Also, props to Machida, who should already have a title shot. The man has taken down Stephan Bonnar, Rich Franklin, BJ Penn, Tito Ortiz, and now Thiago Silva. People complain that he's boring or runs away, but he comes from a point karate background and ultimately is a counter fighter. Fighters dread him for the same reason an average person might dread playing chess against a grandmaster - you're just fighting to stay in it while he has total control of the game, and is always two or more steps ahead of you. I think if he gets the shot against Evans, he'll be able to tear him apart.
I will find you...and I will kill you

Pain in the @&^% TF'er since 2000.

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm

[quote="Bakuryu";p="150488"]I loved watching the fight, but I don't think BJ can handle people outside of the lightweight class. He went in at 168, I think GSP probably went in at around 185 or so, and when you are giving up nearly 20 pounds to a fighter who already has speed, reach, and a well-rounded game, chances are you'll probably end up losing.[/quote]

I can't remember what the pre-fight weigh in said, but according to UFC.com fight preview, they both weighed 170lbs. They were fighting in welterweight which apparnetly has a limit of 170lbs.

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Man that Machida is something .. I was very impressed with him
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Cujo_/userbar359213av7.gif[/img]

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

Sickmeat
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Sickmeat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:05 am

They were fighting in welterweight which apparnetly has a limit of 170lbs.
they went in at the welterweight, but GSP probably cut a lot of weight the day before weigh ins. Just a guess, I don't think BJ cut any weight.
A decent guy? Did you not watch or read any of the pre-fight interviews? He insulted GSP nonstop. Never heard so much trash talk before a UFC fight before.
I watched an MMA show that said a lot of the trash talking was taken out of context. Like when BJ said he was going to murder GSP, the interviewer first asked him what his mindset is going to be going into the cage. That's why I don't believe half the crap that people say during edited interviews.
Was the most intense fight I've ever watched
I Think it was a great fight between 2 of the best in the world. I just wish it was done at a catch weight. 165 pound fight would have been (i think) a more even battle, but then it would have to be done in 3 rounds. To me, Donald Cerrone vs. Jamie Varner was the best fight I have seen this year.
:D

Richter
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Richter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:29 pm

[quote="Shifty";p="150401"]A decent guy? Did you not watch or read any of the pre-fight interviews? He insulted GSP nonstop. Never heard so much trash talk before a UFC fight before.[/quote]

The only other person to talk so much trash before getting his butt handed to him was Matt Hughes and it was also by GSP.

And I agree Penn is a Douche. He talked the same trash when he fought Pulver and then when he choked Pulver out he left the choke on atleast 5 extra seconds after Pulver tapped just to "prove" something to Pulver. I thought Big John was gonna have to rip BJ off him. He has no class and his lack of professionalism proves it. He's bitching that GSP had vasoline covering his chest and back during the fight and he couldn't put up a proper defense. No Class.

He's great at 155 but when he starts to get full of himself and think he can compete at 170 he get's it handed to him. His 1-3 record at 170 proves it.

Go back to the Big Island Brau, surf some waves. Shaka!
[img]http://www.tf2dev.com/tf2_gen.php?id=756[/img]

[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/1923_random.png[/img]