[L4D] Weapon of Choice

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!

Favorite Weapon?

Pump-Shotgun [Gun in Safe houses]
8%
Uzi [Machine Gun in Safe houses]
3%
Pistol(s)
18%
Auto-Shotgun [Upgraded Gun]
21%
Hunting Rifle [Upgraded Sniper Gun]
13%
M16 [Upgraded Machine Gun]
27%
Other [State in post]
10%

Total votes: 71

Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

[L4D] Weapon of Choice

Post by Infusions » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Well, when me, Guardian, Itchy, and Fruitman were on the CAMPAIGN MODE MISSION, Guardian noticed I had been using my dual pistols the entire time. I actually prefer using the dual pistols than any other weapon because of their quick shooting, unlimited ammo, god-like accuracy, and because using them as Zoey is badass.

I tend to only use my main weapon when there's a ton of zombies or a tank and we need it, or if we're fighting zombies and some are getting close to me and my pistols need to reload, then I just quickly switch to my main weapon and finish reloading after we kill them all.

You can choose up to three weapons as your favorite. The "Other" option is in case none of these answers satisfy you, like, you like all the weapons, you don't care which weapon you use, etc.

I also explained what each gun was in case everyone didn't know the names of the guns they liked, just how they functioned.

Nick Mame
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: [L4D] Weapon of Choice

Post by Nick Mame » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:37 pm

M16:
It's good for sniping at longer ranges. It's quite good during hordes if you aim it head-level. And it's the best weapon for quickly dealing with special zombies at a distance. But it runs out of ammo somewhat quickly and is mildly useless against tanks.

Dual Pistols:
It's a backup weapon, but a darn good one. A headshot with it will instantly kill a zombie. If you've been knocked down, you can often kill the entire horde on you with one clip if you aim it right. If someone else has been knocked down, it's faster to switch to this when your primary runs out of ammo and kill an absurd number of things.

Molotovs:
Destroys entire hordes instantly. The pipebomb gives you some breathing room when you're being overwhelmed - but zombies have to run to it, and most don't make it before the explosion. The molotov, thrown right, kills everything.
Interested in custom maps? Join the [url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tvii][u]TV2 Seeding Group[/u][/url]!

Grapedrink
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Grapedrink » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:48 pm

auto shotty, it is the most ammo efficient of the tier 2 weapons while also being devastatingly effective. I almost always take point and get swarmed awhile people behind me pick them off at range so the ability to kill 40 zombies all around me in half a second is very useful especially when you're in expert and you're incapacitated after 1 hit.

I also really like the molotov, I always have one on me if I can for tank control since the flames slow the tank down and drain his health fairly effectively

I dunno about using dual pistols all the time, I use them a lot when I'm on point and there is only ranged stuff but still, they are not good in any horde situation or at least not as good as the tier weapons, and it's very risky to go down with low ammo in your pistols
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/3b-z.jpg[/img]
[img]http://boff.clanservers.com/stuff/moobs_grapedrink.gif[/img]

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:48 pm

Auto-Shotgun: I've found I run out of ammo too quickly with the automatics. Plus, you can take out a couple of zombies at a time close-range with one shot.

Dual Pistols - Nick Mame pretty much summarizes it all.

As for the molotov/pipebomb debate, there are times for both. Molotov's are best in narrow spaces for when a hoard is coming your way already. Pipes on the other hand are best for open areas where the hoard has yet to notice you. When I play, I always try to convince my team to carry an equal amount of each just to be ready for anything.
I am the 1%!

fruitman
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by fruitman » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Hunting Rifle- I love being able to shoot from a long distance and pick off the zombies. It's also a one hit kill, and can deal with the specials very well if you are a good shot. I almost never run out of ammo with it either. I find it's the best weapon to kill a tank with, just aim for the head.

Pistols- Use to save ammo, and as you said very good accuracy.

Pipes- Very useful if you are hit by a boomer, and gas cans function as moltovs when we need them.
[img]http://f.imagehost.org/0295/184.png[/img]

itchy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by itchy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Of the starters, I definitely prefer the Uzi over the Shotgun. At the upgrade stage, it's pretty much a tossup for me between the M16 and the Auto-shotty.

But really, the important part is diversity amongst the group. Initially the spread should probably be 3 Uzis to 1 Shotgun or 2:2. After upgrades, best is probably 1:2:1 Auto-shotty, M16, Hunting rifle. Same is the case for grenades - having a mix of molotovs (better against boss infected and larger funnels of zombies) and pipe bombs (better against vomit hordes or other tightly funneled hordes).
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3304587268_69e66ce816_o.png[/img]
[size=67][url=http://www.theville.org/viewtopic.php?t=11702]I've been found out![/url][/size]

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:10 pm

pump shotty cuz its leetsauce when i use it :)

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:23 pm

I like one of those 10 new weapons that we were supposed to get that I havent seen yet but thats just me!
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:42 pm

I alternate between dual pistols, and M16. In anything but a horde situation, the unlimited ammo and stupendous accuracy of dual pistols make them my easy favorite. When the horde comes, the M16's high ammo capacity is great. Apply in 2 to 3 shot bursts, and it will sometimes last as long as the horde does.
-Boss Llama

regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:45 pm

In order: M16, dualies, auto-shotty.

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs

Song and dance needs to be a choice :D

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:41 pm

M4, Mollie, Dual Pistols.

!B a T m A n!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by !B a T m A n! » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:08 pm

M16
dualies

Cheesy89
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Cheesy89 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:40 pm

zombie propellant. Works even better when used with fire :onfire: .
[img=left]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4606/newsig.jpg[/img]

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:16 am

[quote="jim beam";p="135334"]
I like one of those 10 new weapons that we were supposed to get that I havent seen yet but thats just me!
[/quote]

:lol: I 2nd this.

Auto Shottie, Duals, Molotov for Tanks and Pipes for vomit hordes.