December 16th L4D2 Blog Post - New Custom Campaign !!!

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

December 16th L4D2 Blog Post - New Custom Campaign !!!

Post by John Doe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:51 pm

http://www.l4d.com/blog/

New custom campaign called I hate Mountains - Link here : http://media.steampowered.com/apps/l4d2 ... tains2.vpk

Also, something new being offered by Valve is a Blocked Player List, this is a new feature and its being released in L4D2 first!

Read all about it !

If you have been playing Left 4 Dead 2 for a bit, you probably have your own lists of who is naughty and who is nice. We already make it easy for you to track who is being nice – we have the Steam Friends list. But we know people can rage, players can grief, and some people… well some people you just don’t want to play another game with.

For those special people, we have the blocked list. Think of it as your own personal naughty list. Not only will those people not be getting gifts from you this holiday season, they also won’t be joining you in any games, reindeer or otherwise.

Once you add someone to your blocked list, they will not be able to join your game. This means they are blocked through the lobby interface, the server browser, the recently played list, and even direct connecting. They are gone from your life.

This does also mean if a friend invites them to your game, they will be blocked. It also prevents you from joining a game where there is a player you have blocked. If it was a mistake or you kissed and made up, you can always unblock them and everything will return to normal.

How do you block someone? You can simply block any user from within the Steam Community page, Steam chats, or your Steam Friends list. Players can also be blocked while in a game via the Steam Overlay, which provides an easy path to both locate and block current and recent players from joining your future matches.

Don’t worry about offending someone with your block. As always, your blocks are private. Only you can see the list of people you’ve blocked. And again, don’t worry about making a mistake blocking, you can always unblock someone at any time.

What games will support your block? Left 4 Dead 2 is the first. We want to test it here. CS:GO will be next and then we will continue to add games that use Steamworks matchmaking.

So now that you have your lists, what about gifts for you in today’s updates?

First we have some bug fixes. We have a fix for the problem of Tanks not consistently spawning in the finales. Prodigysim (once again) correctly identified when the issue was introduced and helped us track it down. Thanks!

We fixed the problem of dying when you win Death Toll and we mixed up the distribution of melee weapons in the new campaigns (we do read the forums) .

We are also back with custom campaigns. Today we are adding I Hate Mountains ( Download ) to the rotation and have an updated version of Suicide Blitz 2. If you missed it, RT Frisk made a special version of Suicide Blitz 2 to help with a marriage proposal. Ohh…

Lastly… well what are those things in Versus? What’s this new achievement? You’re gonna have to play a round and find out.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: December 16th L4D2 Blog Post - New Custom Campaign !!!

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:21 pm

I hope they know what they're doing before they implement this to a game like TF2. What if by some chance one of the non-supporter regulars has me blocked, I attempt to use my supporter slot, and someone is booted that isn't the blocked player. What then?

Sill, worth seeing how this plays out, and L4D2 is a good one to test with since people can be real jerkasses over there.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:01 pm

TF2 doesn't use matchmaking, so they probably won't add it there.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:08 pm

I'd guess they could roll it out to the TF2 lobby, maybe.

Wasn't I Hate Mountains one of the featured campaigns way back when they first started featuring them? I know I've played it before, I hope it's made some progress since then.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Stevo wrote:TF2 doesn't use matchmaking, so they probably won't add it there.
The "Start Playing" button isn't matchmaking?

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:
Stevo wrote:TF2 doesn't use matchmaking, so they probably won't add it there.
The "Start Playing" button isn't matchmaking?
That's quickplay, which finds a server and connects you. Matchmaking is where people meet up in lobbies before starting a match, as in L4D.