Death Toll now in beta for Left 4 Dead 2

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Death Toll now in beta for Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:26 pm

As per the 9/16 patch, Death Toll is now in beta and I can see this map is gonna be one hell of a ride. I ran through most of it in single player to see what's up, and there's several things I noticed that will make and break this campaign.

1. Grenades, lots of grenades. Single player mode yielded at least 40 grenade items scattered throughout the map, with 13 being on the first map, 9 in the tunnel you pass through to get to the safe room just after.

2. Likely a bug, there didn't appear to be any first aid kits in the safe room for map 3.

3. Map 2 has a rough Charger spot that a bot took advantage of. The drain pipes are not only narrow, but they emerge in an interesting spot. Shortly after I dropped down out of the pipe, a charger spawned and came through from behind. While he was only able to pin Louis at the dropdown site, he managed to plow through both Zoey and Francis, sending them falling to their death below.

4. All I was thinking about as I was running was charger spots, and this map has lots of them. They're very easy to see and not so easy to avoid, see the above entry.

5. This one sucks, the forklift crescendo on map 4 doesn't shut off once it's complete, much like the security checkpoint in the airport terminal in Dead Air, forcing you to run a substantial gauntlet to the safe room while being swarmed by commons. This run is acctually longer than the airport, much more narrow, and much more winding. I acctually got killed here and stopped playing cause that alone is a huge dealbreaker. I hope Valve decides to scrap that when the full Cold Stream update hits.
(I didn't check if you could still perform the bug that lets you super jump off the minigun there, but I doubt it works).

6. As of right now, Church Guy doesn't seem to exist after he rings the bell. Once that crescendo is over, you'll hear him choke like the old game, but he won't be a hunter when you open the door, hell there isn't even a corpse. He just dies and evaporates aparently.

Overall though, it's a great map and I can't wait to run it in vs, minus the forklift. That needs to go ASAP.

Also, reviewing the blog post, it looks like Cold Stream will recieve a THIRD itteration of the finale, those last two just aren't working it seems.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.