Add on that unlocks all Mutations and more...

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Mortis462
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Add on that unlocks all Mutations and more...

Post by Mortis462 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 pm

So after reading the official L4D blog this week I see them talking about a guy that has been making custom mutations and they give a link to the Steam thread he started about it. Anyhow, there is a add on that he made that unlocks all the official mutations and also adds all of the custom mutations that he has made.

I installed it and then did some testing with Kallous and Bash-Man this evening, here is what we found. You can now start a lobby for any of the official mutations and play them on any server from what I could tell, Ville servers work just fine. Anyone can join that lobby without having the add on installed, very cool.

Now for the custom mutations that he has created everyone must have the add on installed to be able to play. Also I could not get a connection to any server, so ended up hosting a game locally just to see if there were any other issues with the custom mutations. We played through one that changes all the common infected to just uncommon infected was it pretty cool. There are about 15 new mutation from what I could tell. Would be sweet to get these mods on a server so anyone that wanted to play could without someone having to host locally, but I dunno if that is possible.

Finnaly here is the link to the Steam forum with all the info and download link. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1529433
The install is super easy, download, unzip and then double click, done.

Enjoy and hope some of you might install so we can mess around. :dance:
Everyone has changed
Everything has changed
Everyone has changed
But me

kallous
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Add on that unlocks all Mutations and more...

Post by kallous » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Mortis462 wrote:Here is the link to the Steam forum with all the info and download link. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1529433
The install is super easy, download, unzip and then double click, done.

Enjoy and hope some of you might install so we can mess around. :dance:
Great post Mortis, thanks for putting it up and helping me get it installed. All L4D'ers should install this one!!! Gibfest whenever you want! All that M60 goodness! (or whatever your pleasure) I tried one called Pitch Black and ran it on Dead Before Dawn Too. This was super neat 'cause I didn't really know what Pitch Black was and it was the 1st time I had gone through the DBD2 campaign... Very dark and all hunters. You can hear them, bt you can't see them. Give it a try!

Super easy install, just like the custom maps. It's also very small... 2 files from the same download. Get it today! The more the merrier!
"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." - Peter Drucker

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:20 am

Sorry, I feel like a bit of a necromancer, but I use this mod and it's a whole lot of fun. Aside from every mutation, there's also coding that shows tanks killed at the end, as well as access to golf clubs (outside of the Passing), riot shields, and knives for melee weapons on most maps.

I ran Boomer Shooter with AI surviors, that mode is some serious shenanigans. You got 20-something boomers spawning in your face in waves. With all the explosions, bile, and swarms of commons, it took a lot just to keep my bearings. There are no witches or tanks unfortunetly (that many boomers would make witches near impossible to avoid, and tanks too easy to kill with the explosive knockback), and commons only spawn when someone is boomed or during crescendos.

Other fun time wasters include single player mutations, Last Survival on Earth (Survival, no AI survivors, no common infected, no boomers, immediete black-and-white revival on incap), Pitch Black (10-something hunters at once, can't see anything beyond arm's length, realism enabled, 10 incaps without healing before death), Solo Bombing Run (Grenade Launcher only, no reload, infinite ammo, no common infected, no boomers), and Nemesis (No weapons aside from the handgun, no commons, a single charger for a special, think Resident Evil 3 for the inspiration).

Lots of campaign mutations to pick from, I think i'm gonna try Jockeys! next, but Boomer Shooter makes for spectacular shenanigans.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:58 pm

I too fully endorse this mod. I've had it or one very similar to it for a while now. Being able to make any sort of lobby you want is nice, and only the person making the lobby needs to have the mod installed.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Pyromania.
VIEW CONTENT:
Infinite molotovs, no other weapons, no pistols, nothing. No incaps either, one incap equals death, making witches and tanks super deadly. One thing however is that you are immune to the flames causes by molotovs and gas tanks.

This mode also prooves something, AI survivors CAN use grenade throwables, however they won't do so unless they are stripped of their secondary weapon and they do not know how to use them effecivly. They do know how to throw them at the charger that's got you pinned though.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.