Favorite campaign in L4D2?

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!

What is your favorite campaign

Dead Center
5%
Dark Carnival
47%
Swamp Fever
No votes
Heavy Rain
32%
The Parish
11%
I hate L4D2 campaigns
5%

Total votes: 19

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Favorite campaign in L4D2?

Post by Guardian » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Alright what's your favorite campaign in L4D2?

You can list them in order of your favorites in addition to voting for me:

For me

5. Swamp Fever. the setting is cool and there's a final with 2 tanks at the same time..... ya that's about it

4. The Parish. it may have one of the best finales ever but that doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the campaign is rather boring, especially compared to some of the above ones. Although the finale makes it better then swamp fever. Still a fun campaign though.

3. Dead Center. The motel which was on fire and where you didn't have a primary weapon at first, the gun shop with all the weapons (although all you need is a lasor sight AK), the scavenge finale, everything about this campaign was fun and fresh.

2. Dark Carnival. This has to be a favorite of most. The setting was awesome, it had a ton of fun mini-games that were linked to achivements and were fun to come back to and earn, not to mention the roller coaster gauntlet and the ROCK CONCERT FINALE.

1. HARD RAIN. By far my favorite campaign. You would think backtracking would be a negative point but in heavy rain the pathways on the rooftops and the fact that all the items you left behind would spawn in the same placen making it very fun. Throw in the insane amount of witches and the beautiful rain effects and you have the best campaign in all of L4D2, at least for me.

What are your favorite campaigns?

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Must kill clowns!
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

!B a T m A n!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by !B a T m A n! » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

parish c:

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Favorite campaign in L4D2?

Post by NoahTheBoa » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Well, I still haven't played dead center, but my favorites are parish and dark carnival

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Dark Carnival. Pushing the clowns back and honking there horns NEVER gets old.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Dark Carnival. I love the finale!

Dead Center was a second for me along with Hard Rain. The weather added in was a neat feature.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Don't make me choose between Dark Carnival, Dead Center, and Hard Rain. I am but a man, how am I to choose a favorite when all the choices are so wonderful?
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:56 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="212332"]Alright what's your favorite campaign in L4D2?

You can list them in order of your favorites in addition to voting for me:

For me

5. Swamp Fever. the setting is cool and there's a final with 2 tanks at the same time..... ya that's about it

4. The Parish. it may have one of the best finales ever but that doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the campaign is rather boring, especially compared to some of the above ones. Although the finale makes it better then swamp fever. Still a fun campaign though.

3. Dead Center. The motel which was on fire and where you didn't have a primary weapon at first, the gun shop with all the weapons (although all you need is a lasor sight AK), the scavenge finale, everything about this campaign was fun and fresh.

2. Dark Carnival. This has to be a favorite of most. The setting was awesome, it had a ton of fun mini-games that were linked to achivements and were fun to come back to and earn, not to mention the roller coaster gauntlet and the ROCK CONCERT FINALE.

1. HARD RAIN. By far my favorite campaign. You would think backtracking would be a negative point but in heavy rain the pathways on the rooftops and the fact that all the items you left behind would spawn in the same placen making it very fun. Throw in the insane amount of witches and the beautiful rain effects and you have the best campaign in all of L4D2, at least for me.

What are your favorite campaigns?[/quote]

5. Swamp fever. At first I loved this map, it was very unique and had a lot of different ways to go. However, every section seems the same and the plantation hold off isn't really that great of a finally compared to these new ones they brought in.

4. Hard rain. I think they did an amazing job of the backtracking making the map very different all together being the same. However the map is still very short and a lot of it is very fast. The second half running back each part only takes a few minutes. The witches are the only thing that slow you down on the first half. Also, being able to take out a team on the first half in under 60 seconds is just boring, yet I still do it for laughs. I think to survive a zombie apocalypse they should learn to swim...

3. Dead center. I love the burning hotel, I hate the mall. But hating the mall is what makes it great!! However, everything between I really don't like. Running through fire is always fun and good players avoid windows while others try to go fast but stay near. Fire is fun, did I say that. And the mall is so fark in places its what I wanted... only map that has darkness!

2. The parish. Although the first part is really boring, the park allows different ways to go which is a plus. The construction gauntlet is always fun. Having a city bombed around you is fun. Sewer is dark, yaay! and the cemetery is random always frustrates me.. and have you seen the finally?!! FUN!!!!

1. Dark carnival. Seems to be the all time favorite, I'm not sure why. But making your expert or vs team wait for you because you're playing games is truly epic. Running on the coaster is an awesome gauntlet. And have you seen the finally? However, if they don't fix the rooms up top its gonna fall off the #1 spot. Those spots are just lame when you spawn on the other side of the map in view as a boomer.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Don't think I've played Heavy Rain yet...
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:18 am

My favorite campaign for co-op is Hard Rain. I love the weather affects and the flooding. I also think navigating the abandoned sugar mill is just a really interesting setting, especially the cane field at the end (or beginning). One round we ran into 3 witches at once. I have yet to get that achievement.

My favorite campaign for versus is Dark Carnival by far. I think the levels in general are really balanced for both sides although getting a tank in the tunnel of love stinks. There is also something very satisfying about getting gnome chompski (and saving him!) during versus. It’s just an extra sense of humiliation.

Honorable mention goes to Dead Center (for both co-op/vs). From the fire, to the gun store, to the super market, to shutting off the alarm on lvl3, and finishing with the original scavenge. Lots of fun all around.

Carpe, Heavy Rain is the new DLC. It adds extra gravity into Hard Rain.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:20 am

I am still not sure how I'd rank them.

I've played by far the most Dark Carnival but I am not a fan of the finale and it's also by far the worst campaign to have any AI teammates (well, haven't done the Parish finale with bots, that could rival DC), it seems to constantly highlight all the ways the bot AI sucks.

I like Hard Rain, even if it is short. Swamp Fever is good campaign mode but I hate playing as Infected on it because I have a hard time finding places to spawn that can't be seen but are close enough to the Survivors.

The Parish is fun, but I think I never get to play it because people are sick of the first two parts thanks to the demo.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 am

Parish is definitely my favorite as it has fun levels AND a fair finale. DC and DC are my two second favs, except I HATE the finales for both. Hard Rain is pretty fun, good levels and Finale. Swamp Fever is not just terrible, its turrable.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Oddjob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Oddjob » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:05 pm

I like the concept of Swamp Fever but it feels like it is the most linear/bland out of all of the campaigns. Considering its out in the middle of a swamp I think they could have gotten more creative with the pathing/scenery and possibly thrown in some alligators or something to deal with.