L4D2 thoughts, reactions, etc. !!!MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:56 pm

So far we've mostly been able to kill a witch before she can get to anyone even without special ammo - unless someone goes El-Cabong on her then gets smacked before we can kill her. . . ;)
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

MMX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: L4D2 thoughts, reactions, etc. !!!MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!

Post by MMX » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 pm

The gnome achievement is too easy I think. If you remember what a hassle it was to get the gnome into space in HL EP2. It's really a peace of cake in L4D2.

If you have not yet played HL EP2 or do not have the achievement yet. Try to get the achievement. and hopefully you don't get crazy as get the gnome at the very beginning and you have to put it into the satellite rocket at the very end.
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/monorail_sig.jpg[/img]
- [url=http://tinyurl.com/ykkat36]Mechanical Mathematics Xenomorph[/url]
- local time zone: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Time]CET[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+1), [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time]DST[/url]: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEST]CEST[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+2)
- Signatures: [url=http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/dodcup08/vov_sig_mmx.png]TheVille DoD Cup '08[/url]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 pm

[quote="MMX";p="210514"]The gnome achievement is too easy I think. If you remember what a hassle it was to get the gnome into space in HL EP2. It's really a peace of cake in L4D2.

If you have not yet played HL EP2 or do not have the achievement yet. Try to get the achievement. and hopefully you don't get crazy as get the gnome at the very beginning and you have to put it into the satellite rocket at the very end.[/quote]

It wouldn't have been so hard without the helicopter chase in the car.

I don't think it's meant to be the same level of insane difficulty as the HL2 gnome achievement, just an homage. It's still a hassle carrying the little guy around and that's all it was really meant to be. There wasn't much way to make it harder. You can't save things between campaigns so it's not like they could configure it so you have to carry him from Dark Carnival all the way through to the end of the Parish.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:03 pm

[quote="MMX";p="210514"]The gnome achievement is too easy I think. If you remember what a hassle it was to get the gnome into space in HL EP2. It's really a peace of cake in L4D2.

If you have not yet played HL EP2 or do not have the achievement yet. Try to get the achievement. and hopefully you don't get crazy as get the gnome at the very beginning and you have to put it into the satellite rocket at the very end.[/quote]Bear in mind, I'd guess everyone who's done it has done it on either normal or easy. If they really wanted to make it a difficult achievement, I'm sure they could have set the minimum difficulty level to get the achievement to be Advanced or Expert. Or even that you had to do it in realism mode where there is no glow.
I am the 1%!

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Coach has a pretty mean singing voice.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm

So I got all the carnival achievements done now.
On the stronger than Mustachio I had a lot of trouble figuring it out. I tried several weapons but it wasn't till after a wave of zombies that I noticed it was health dependent. I used 3 healthpacks to get myself to 100 health, I was hitting the dong but wasn't getting an achievements. Then someone joined and said he thinks you need an adrenaline shot. I searched all the item spawns, finally found one and that did it.
On are you faster, I also had trouble and was a bit confused. Then someone said the score needs to be ~42, I thought that was impossible but noticed you have a few seconds to "continue" and that made it easy.

The gnome actually isn't that bad on harder difficulties. The hard part is finding enough free time and I group all focused on doing the shooting. Once you have the gnome there are several sweet spots to drop him off. Though many areas to have to carry him, tunnel of love, you can throw him over the roller coaster and meet him half-way. For the gate to get over the fence you can throw him over the fence at the beginning of the map, and pick him up before the safe house. At the grand finale just leave him where the helicopter will land and hope he doesn't get blown away. Remember 3 shoves will kill a common/uncommon common.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 am

Tried doing Dark Carnival on Normal SP last night, the bots are so useless its not even funny. The 3rd stage crescendo was impossible because they all huddle up and refuse to move forward unless you get way out ahead of them, then you get smoked/jockeyed/pounced and lose half your health while the bots dither.

The #1 thing Valve could do to improve the AI would be to implement a comand system that works, even its as simple as 'point and click 'C' to make the bot go somewhere' from HL2 - which was mediocre but 100x better than what we have now. . .

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 pm

THIS GAME IS CRAP AND I REFUSE TO PLAY PUBLIC GAMES FOR NOW ON

If someone is making a private game or a 4 person versus team let me know, otherwise I am sick of the people in this game.
The majority of the people I've played with so far makes me feel like Synergy.

I understand why Synergy is like that though, its a free mod. But why is L4D2 like this? People can't blame it on being a "noob" or that its a "new game". If you're playing versus before ever playing a regular game to learn the controls, you're an idiot. I could go on and on but then this would become a rant instead of a statement.

Lastly, what is up with the servers? I thought it was because there aren't enough servers, but then I opened the browser list and I found haundreds of empty ones with low ping... however, it wouldn't let me join them. It would either give an error or just say it couldn't connect.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:38 pm

[quote="BigBiker05";p="210673"]PUBLIC GAMES[/quote]

There's your problem. Play with Villuns :D
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:23 am

[quote="TheCarpe";p="210674"][quote="BigBiker05";p="210673"]PUBLIC GAMES[/quote]

There's your problem. Play with Villuns :D[/quote]

QFT
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 am

[quote="BigBiker05";p="210673"]
THIS GAME IS CRAP AND I REFUSE TO PLAY PUBLIC GAMES FOR NOW ON

If someone is making a private game or a 4 person versus team let me know, otherwise I am sick of the people in this game.
The majority of the people I've played with so far makes me feel like Synergy.

I understand why Synergy is like that though, its a free mod. But why is L4D2 like this? People can't blame it on being a "noob" or that its a "new game". If you're playing versus before ever playing a regular game to learn the controls, you're an idiot. I could go on and on but then this would become a rant instead of a statement.

Lastly, what is up with the servers? I thought it was because there aren't enough servers, but then I opened the browser list and I found haundreds of empty ones with low ping... however, it wouldn't let me join them. It would either give an error or just say it couldn't connect.
[/quote]

/Hug

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:00 am

Yep, join the L4D2 group, start friends-only lobbies, spam invites. It's not hard to get into a good game with villuns right now with the game just being out! :D

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Yeah, that's why I never liked L4D.
The only fun was with other Villuns, and they only played one or two matches a week.

Once people get bored of L4D2 it will be also be boring.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Holy cow, I really like the storms in Hard Rain. I must have had my sound turned up because they were very oppressive and genuinely freaky. They definitely make you want to cower in a corner until they are over.