L4D2 thoughts, reactions, etc. !!!MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

L4D2 thoughts, reactions, etc. !!!MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Heh, I don't even know where to start with you...

First off, I'm a bit sad they decided to do everything at day/dusk instead of night. However, the use of indoor areas such as the mall and mill do make up for this. The mall is freaking horrible, dark, and scary. I hate it.

Dark Carnival. This has to be the best freaking campaign. Incase you haven't looked at the achievements, PLAY THE MINIGAMES. Shooting game, score 750 points to get a gnome prize. (Gnomie from Half-life 2). This was hard to do by myself, I yelled at my team to come back over. Three of us got over 2k points. For the achievement, carry Gnomie through the map and get him on the helicopter at the end. Honk some noses, use your shove to honk a clowns nose, I think its like 10 times for an achievement, you'll know when you honk him. HONK!!! Also race Mr. Moustache in a game of whack a mole and sledge hammer game.

Hard rain and swamp didn't really entertain me that much. I loved hoping of roofs and motels, but having to walk in water at that slow speed got on my nerves. Also the dodge the witches in the saw mill achievement was fun then got annoying. We had 2 guys leave, then the bots kept walking into witches. We killed the bots, but we had a witch stand right at the elevator door. I managed to walk up to her with my flashlight off and she didnt agro. Sadly the 2 of us couldn't survive the elevator rush.

Characters, I'm liking the characters but rochelle... I just don't get her much. Ellis's dumb redneck comments are priceless.

And one other thing, the kill all uncommon common achievement, I got it before playing Parrish. I thought maybe it was counting the demo, but when I was on the toilet just now I realized its cause of the Aussies. They don't have riot cops and it would be F'd up to give an achievement that the aussies couldn't do.

Post what you guys think too.

Captain Jim
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Re: L4D2 thoughts, reactions, etc. !!!MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!

Post by Captain Jim » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Ah, man. The gnome thing was hard for me, since I did it in single player with stupid AI, meaning no one would cover me. The worst part was running on that freakin' roller coaster while trying not to lose the gnome. Adujwfwdhd.

Regardless, Dark Carnival is my absolute favorite. That finale is like the coolest thing ever.

!B a T m A n!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by !B a T m A n! » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 pm

lol gnome was fun

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 pm

everything is cool, but WOW 9 times out of 10 the jockey is really not helpful... gotta say kinda disappointed with him.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Captain Jim
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Captain Jim » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:16 am

I have to say, I absolutely love listening to the Moustachio voice clips in Dark Carnival.

On a similar note, I am stronger than Moustachio.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 am

The hardest part of the gnome is carrying him through the end of chapter 4. That horde does not stop till you get into the safe room, and having to keep track of him during that charge against the zombie grain is definitely the hardest part of that achievement.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 am

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="210258"]...9 times out of 10 the jockey is really not helpful... gotta say kinda disappointed with him.[/quote]

[tab]You say that now, but I wouldn't be surprised if within six months some viable strategies for the Jockey are created. You know somebody out there is stubborn enough to make it shine.

[tab]My real worry is that with so many new types of infected to play, it may be more difficult to work together. Planning ahead was relatively easy when you knew that you would get two hunters to go with that boomer and smoker. Now waiting ten seconds just to get a jockey and spitter might waste a good opportunity. I hope that this isn't so when I get some experience with the versus mode.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:28 am

Another thing I've noticed is the relative lack of threat posed by witches now. It may have been because we were playing on Normal, but in our last run through Dark Carnival, we encountered at least one Witch every chapter, and it was the same basic drill: Line up a decent distance away, everyone take aim, and lay into her. More often than not she was eliminated in seconds, before she could run more than 10 feet or so. You could rarely pull that off in L4D.

Anyone else noticed this?
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:32 am

[quote="TheCarpe";p="210279"]Another thing I've noticed is the relative lack of threat posed by witches now. It may have been because we were playing on Normal, but in our last run through Dark Carnival, we encountered at least one Witch every chapter, and it was the same basic drill: Line up a decent distance away, everyone take aim, and lay into her. More often than not she was eliminated in seconds, before she could run more than 10 feet or so. You could rarely pull that off in L4D.

Anyone else noticed this?[/quote]

*raises hand*

Also note that bile bombing the witch is not as fun as it sounds. :icon_blackeye:

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:59 am

Just played Swamp Fever.

Didn't really like it. It was a bit of a disappointment after Dead Center and Dark Carnival. (Not to mention Dark Carnivals epic finale.)

The only thing that saved Swamp Fever from being completely average was the finale. Just when you think it's just another plain old "wait for rescue" finale, [spoil]HOLY CRAP TWO TANKS AT ONCE AHHH!! That's gonna be terrifying on expert.[/spoil]

But yeah, aside from that, this is my least favourite campaign so far.
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:18 am

Just as a heads up, there have been a few people complaining on the steam boards about getting forced into low violence mode permanently. It looks like some servers may be able to turn on the content lock. If that happens, check the registry entries at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Left4Dead2\Settings]. If there are values for 'User Token 2' and/or 'User Token 3', first back up your registry and then delete those values (leave the keys there, just make them NULL values).
'You might not have the intelligent to find it so i'll queto it for you' - Some guy trying to insult me on the Steam boards

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:57 am

Played The Parish last night as my first run through with the real game in campaign mode. I thought Spitters were a LOT deadlier than they were in the Demo (played Normal last night and I only played Advanced in the Demo). . . they seem to do a decent job of htting you in tight places or when you're engaged with some regular zombies. In general, it was a LOT harder on normal than the Demo on Advanced.

Or maybe it was because biscuit insisted on only using his guitar the whole time ;)
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 am

[quote="dredfox";p="210278"][quote="Cpt. Winky";p="210258"]...9 times out of 10 the jockey is really not helpful... gotta say kinda disappointed with him.[/quote]

[tab]You say that now, but I wouldn't be surprised if within six months some viable strategies for the Jockey are created. You know somebody out there is stubborn enough to make it shine.

[tab]My real worry is that with so many new types of infected to play, it may be more difficult to work together. Planning ahead was relatively easy when you knew that you would get two hunters to go with that boomer and smoker. Now waiting ten seconds just to get a jockey and spitter might waste a good opportunity. I hope that this isn't so when I get some experience with the versus mode.[/quote]

no thats not really my point, my point is when 4 people are relatively close together and aware, the jockey is the only one that literally can't do anything. We played a decent team on Carnival, and we only had 1 successful Jockey ride, and it did maybe 20 damage. In carnival, hunters can do 25s, chargers can instakill whole teams on some parts, smokers can do TONS of fall damage, boomers and spitters are invaluable..... but the jockey is meh at best. With the right coordination and planning, any class is deadly, but I am talking about trying to attack when planning isn't viable, like a rushing team or something. I think the jockey would be a bit better if his hop-skip thing was a bigger leap. you can too easily melee them in midair before they get to you.

and as for the setup, i don't really think its a big deal, you will always have at least 1 support (boomer\spitter) and 3 attacker (smoker, hunter, charger, jockey)

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:28 am

[quote="Plinko";p="210291"]Played The Parish last night as my first run through with the real game in campaign mode. I thought Spitters were a LOT deadlier than they were in the Demo (played Normal last night and I only played Advanced in the Demo). . . they seem to do a decent job of htting you in tight places or when you're engaged with some regular zombies. In general, it was a LOT harder on normal than the Demo on Advanced.

Or maybe it was because biscuit insisted on only using his guitar the whole time ;)[/quote]

So what if I played as El-Kabong for about 3 levels? That went away when I found the Grenade Launcher! But our team may debate if that was any better. :lol:

Speaking of Grenade Launchers...

Apparently I have 185% accuracy because I hit everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING!

Eonwe
Villun
Villun

Post by Eonwe » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:35 am

I'm surprised people didn't like the swamp finale at least. The whole plantation thing was fantastic.