l4d etiquette

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Grapedrink
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

l4d etiquette

Post by Grapedrink » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:54 pm

If you are playing with your friends, Do not ruin the game for them by suiciding just because you are losing. Yes, it is fun to win, a large part of the fun is in winning, but a great deal of it is just playing as anyone who plays in pub games knows. So please, when you're playing with all friends show them a little respect and play the full game
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/3b-z.jpg[/img]
[img]http://boff.clanservers.com/stuff/moobs_grapedrink.gif[/img]

[ONU] Prez
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: l4d etiquette

Post by [ONU] Prez » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Grape I'd Like to formally apologize for that. We weren't exactly thinking at that point and we decided that First into the elevator shaft seemed like a good idea.

I am sorry that we didn't take into consideration your ability to play the other side.

Sincerest Apologies.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I was on the team that didnt suicide in that incident. I can see the logic in it though, similar to Baseball, they dont play the bottom of the 9th if there's no chance of winning. It's not about sportsmanship its about logistics.

That being said, why not play it out anyway? Give the other team a chance to have fun too.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 am

Fully agreed Grape. On this topic, one other thing that bugs me:

-There is a tank spawn glitch on NM4 that occasionally rears its head where the first team can't get their tank to attack, but the second team will. The first time it happened the second team was nice enough to kill the tank off without doing any damage to the first team, but another incident I heard they attacked anyways. Common etiquette says that you should agree to have an admin kill it, or if there is no admin let the other team just shoot it to death without inflicting any damage on them.
I am the 1%!

Oddjob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Oddjob » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Left 4 Dead etiquette includes sticking with your teammates and not deciding to make the game a race to see who can get to the finish line first while leaving their teammates to die.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:32 pm

[quote="Oddjob";p="163349"]Left 4 Dead etiquette includes sticking with your teammates and not deciding to make the game a race to see who can get to the finish line first while leaving their teammates to die.[/quote]

I hate when people do that. Running off as far into the distance alone while their other three incapped teammates get swarmed behind them. I know you're doing it for distance points, but you're also damning three other people who want to play the game and completely missing the teamwork that is so crucial in L4D. I'd much rather risk dying to save my teammates than leave them to die so we can get a few extra points after you've unilaterally decided we should give up.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:51 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="163354"]
[quote="Oddjob";p="163349"]Left 4 Dead etiquette includes sticking with your teammates and not deciding to make the game a race to see who can get to the finish line first while leaving their teammates to die.[/quote]

I hate when people do that. Running off as far into the distance alone while their other three incapped teammates get swarmed behind them. I know you're doing it for distance points, but you're also damning three other people who want to play the game and completely missing the teamwork that is so crucial in L4D. I'd much rather risk dying to save my teammates than leave them to die so we can get a few extra points after you've unilaterally decided we should give up.
[/quote]

Yes and I seem to end up on teams that have one Idiot that does this to every time.
and I need to stop that LOL no not really JK
and either he gets us in trouble by scooting along steering up the Hoard and setting off the car alarms then Hiding in the safe room or he ends up in trouble and expects us to save his sorry butt and in doing so it endangers the other 3 players. the Etiquette is its a team effort play as a team and stick together.

--==
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:11 pm

You mean there's always.... THAT GUY.

You know:

That guy, who shoots the car all the time

That guy, who doesn't know the concept of stealth

That guy, who doesn't shoot the hunter off you when your right next to him

That guy, who you know your gonna lose even before you start

That guy, who sucks at this game and never should play but you never tell him because you wanna be nice and not mean.

That guy?

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:46 pm

wow this game causes so much rage :?

probably why I don't play it much
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:05 pm

[quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="163404"]wow this game causes so much rage :?

probably why I don't play it much[/quote]

Not everyone. I've had quite a few lighthearted and very fun games.

The problem lies in reliance on your teammates and, well, sometimes they're not too reliable.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Left 4 Dead is definitely better as a Coop game then versus. It can become too dang frustrating when your teammate makes ONE SIMPLE mistake in versus.

Coop:

Player 1: "Hey, next time you gotta get that hunter off me in time"

Player 2: "Alright, sorry I was preoccupied with the horde after that boomer got me"

Player 1: "No worries :) "

Versus:

Player 1 "OMG NOOB WHY DID YOU LET ME GET OWNED BY THE HUNTERE!!!!!!"

Player 2: "IT'S NOT MY FAULT, THERE WAS BOOMER BILEl, IF 3 and 4 DIDN'T DIE WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!"

Player 3: "HEY IT'S NOT MY FAULT THE SMOKER GRABBED ME AT THE LAST SECOND WHEN WE WERE GOING INTO THAT VENT, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE 4!!!"

Player 4: "I DON'T HAVE A MIC AND YOU GUYS LEFT ME!!!"

Player 1: "GET ONE"

ALL : "rRRRAARRRR RAGE"

It's just hard, not to get mad when your losing.

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:12 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="163406"][quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="163404"]wow this game causes so much rage :?

Not everyone. I've had quite a few lighthearted and very fun games.[/quote]

LOL carpe remember the rule of "EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM THE BARN" that epicly backfired? Lol. he makes the rules but cannot follow them

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:57 pm

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="163417"][quote="TheCarpe";p="163406"][quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="163404"]wow this game causes so much rage :?

Not everyone. I've had quite a few lighthearted and very fun games.[/quote]

LOL carpe remember the rule of "EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM THE BARN" that epicly backfired? Lol. he makes the rules but cannot follow them[/quote]

I've never laughed so hard in a game of L4D. Before or since.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:00 pm

What happened?

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="163433"]What happened?[/quote]
this .... :)
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking