[L4D] Spawnning

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

[L4D] Spawnning

Post by Infusions » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:21 am

Does anyone at all understand the system of how a Survivor spawns?

At times, I'll die and spawn almost immediately to the closet door from 5 feet away or won't spawn until the end of the level. Is it all just random or is there an actual system happening that I'm not aware of?

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Found this on the L4D FAQ section, hope it helps.
What happens if you die?-
As a survivor, if you get to 0 HP you fall down and there is a "bleed-out timer" where fellow teammates can revive you with their health pack. When you become incapacitated you are still able to shoot. You can only be revived by teammates 3 times before dying. If they do not reach you in time, you will go into spectator mode. If you are near the end of the map, you'll have to wait for your teammates to get to the end in order to respawn. If you're near the beginning, you'll respawn in a random closet that your teammates can let you out of, but you will start with basic equipment. As for the Infected, currently there is a wait period that can be around 30 seconds. The respawn timer on the Tank boss Infected is significantly longer than any other due to its power.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

Grapedrink
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: [L4D] Spawnning

Post by Grapedrink » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:31 pm

there are certain trigger events in the map that dictate when someone spawns and when someone does, the same triggers apply for when a spawned infected can press E to move with the group when they get "too far behind"
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/3b-z.jpg[/img]
[img]http://boff.clanservers.com/stuff/moobs_grapedrink.gif[/img]