ROFL

Squirrel
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: A couple of yahoos, figured I'd report

Post by Squirrel » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:02 am

We really shouldn’t be posting complaints in here. They should go in the complaint dept. :)
Last edited by Squirrel on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:28 am

My fault, sorry! I thought the insurgency forum was the place. I'll post any future ones in the complaints section :D

As for the =FREE= guy... I dunno. Yea it's annoying but he's not really doing anything wrong. He's just a better player than people :) As an insurgent, spawn camping the marines does win the map... however frustrating, lol.

Grubby
Villun
Villun

Post by Grubby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:12 pm

As I read the Rules, Spawn camping is NOT allowed. The FREE guys don't normally bother w/ objectives (Never seen China take one). They usually beeline right for the enemy spawn.
I will admit that we had one of them (FREE) on marines last night that I did not see spawn camping the INS, but it certainly wasn't China, and is an oddity from what I have seen.

Maybe Objectives taken should be stat tracked as well at kills/ deaths.
Grubby

[url=http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php]
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/135279_random.png[/img]
[/url]

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:52 pm

[quote="Grubby";p="135294"]Maybe Objectives taken should be stat tracked as well at kills/ deaths.[/quote]
They are... http://theville.hlstatsx.com/?mode=players&game=insmod and you can see the blue line is "caps" and on this player the blue line is way low
and if you look at mine...my blue line is way up.... ;) but the kills ect down :(
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Cujo_/userbar359213av7.gif[/img]

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:41 pm

[quote="Cujo";p="135315"][quote="Grubby";p="135294"]Maybe Objectives taken should be stat tracked as well at kills/ deaths.[/quote]
They are... http://theville.hlstatsx.com/?mode=players&game=insmod and you can see the blue line is "caps" and on this player the blue line is way low
and if you look at mine...my blue line is way up.... ;) but the kills ect down :([/quote]

Insurgents, for the most part, don't have objectives to take though, they have to guard them. So if you always play insurgents, you won't cap many objectives.

That said, this guy has chosen insurgents 117 times to his 19 for marines. Yea he's lame, but it is part of the game. The server also has the anti-spawn camp thing, so he's really only just camping spawn exits, not the spawn itself. It's pretty hard to say what's spawn camping in INS and what's not.

But I agree, this person is kinda lame *shrug*

Grubby
Villun
Villun

Post by Grubby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:58 pm

[quote="Cujo";p="135315"][quote="Grubby";p="135294"]Maybe Objectives taken should be stat tracked as well at kills/ deaths.[/quote]
and if you look at mine...my blue line is way up.... ;) but the kills ect down :([/quote]

Maybe the objective stat should be more prominant then. Didn't even see that. Many will go for whatever gives them "stats." I didn't even know what my stats were until today when I registered just because of the lame play by the FREE guys.

Grubby
Villun
Villun

Post by Grubby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:04 pm

That said, this guy has chosen insurgents 117 times to his 19 for marines. Yea he's lame, but it is part of the game. The server also has the anti-spawn camp thing, so he's really only just camping spawn exits, not the spawn itself. It's pretty hard to say what's spawn camping in INS and what's not.
But I agree, this person is kinda lame *shrug*[/quote]

That's the part I do not agree with. He is merely taking advantage of a limitation of the game. He KNOWS where the enemy has to come out so he camps it. Until some more maps are altered to better prevent spawn exit camping we, as players, should discourage it.
The devs obviously don't want it or they wouldn't have made the changes to the maps that they did on the last update (Samawah, Almaden, Karkar, etc)

Mother
New Villun
New Villun

Post by Mother » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:16 am

I play T all the time, mostly because I dig the adidas shoes and the RPG. Every time I see =FREE= CHINA I groan. He does nothing but spawn camp. He's a huge liability in the early stages of firefight maps, as evidenced by his inability to cap for any reason ever. And the rare occasion that ends up on the USMC, he goes right at the T spawn point. He's a morally terrible person.

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:24 pm

[quote="Mother";p="135435"]He's a morally terrible person.[/quote]

Or 12... ;)

Grubby, I don't disagree with you completely, you just have to remember it's hard to define what's spawn camping and what's tactical play.

I mean, running into the spawn so that you're sitting there watching them appear... that's spawn camping. Thankfully the server has at least a few seconds of protection where you can shoot people doing that before they can shoot you.

Guarding the door exits to the spawn though, I don't know if that's spawn camping or not...

I think it's a fine line, and the devs have kind of said that too. They definitely don't want people dying as soon as they appear though.

Still, sounds like this guy is doing the first case. Imo you should drop points per kill down to like, 0.5. Then bump up points for completing objectives. Of course, then nobody would want to go on insurgents :D Maybe a big point bonus for winning the round as an insurgent?

Grubby
Villun
Villun

Post by Grubby » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:45 pm

If you want to argue semantics; then he isn't Spawn Camping he is Spawn Exit Camping. We use the shorter more often because we are lazy :) Spawn camping is nearly universally banned or frowned on, while some defend Spawn Exit camping. Both will kill a server, as I have watched it kill this one many times. It'll go from full to less than 10 per side.
But either way it is possible due to limitations in the map or game engine. Unfortunately, it is typically done mostly against the marines. The only INS ones I can think of are Sinjar D spawn and kinda Almaden D spawn. I don't know anyone who thinks these spawn should not be changed.

Free China and his clan don't often get the chance to spawn camp but are very good at spawn exit camping to be specific. They are playing merely for stats. Objectives mean nothing to them. If fair play doesn't mean much to some then call spawn exit camping "stat padding."

It says something about someone's play style with people on the same side groan when they see them. China won't even stay in the server on maps that are very hard to exit camp on like Sinjar. At least to exit camp it to the same degree of ease.

Most importantly, if the FREE guys can continue to play like this and rise up in the rankings (2 of the top 5) then others will follow their lead and soon very few will bother with objectives and there goes the server/game.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:41 pm

yeah, it is unfortunate... but quite frankly, theres not a whole lot that can be done right now. As Cujo said last night, demo and submit to the admins. (See top left corner of the page)
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:34 am

[quote="Mother";p="135435"]I play T all the time, mostly because I dig the adidas shoes[/quote]
LMAO...... :lol:
and Welcome to the forums ;) ..Glad to see another Canuck :)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Cujo_/userbar359213av7.gif[/img]

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

X.O.Skeleton
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by X.O.Skeleton » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:55 am

China got his permanent for camping the spawn
And the other FREE dudes will be looked at
Spawn camping is a big problem on the game but we try to take it out we just need your help
So make a demo and poke one of ous with it, we will take action when ever needed
Remember to add ous to your friends list
Crafted by Betteh

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:14 am

[quote="X.O.Skeleton";p="135602"]
China got his permanent for camping the spawn
And the other FREE dudes will be looked at
Spawn camping is a big problem on the game but we try to take it out we just need your help
So make a demo and poke one of ous with it, we will take action when ever needed
Remember to add ous to your friends list
[/quote]

Well, that settles that! :) Not gonna lie, while I think the action is in some way justifiable from a gameplay perspective, no matter how vague, I try not to do it and I'm not sad that someone who abuses it is gone.

+1 to the Admins ;)