Favorite weapon?

A place to discuss all things to do with Insurgency
Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:49 am

[quote="HarryMckay";p="138428"]
The problem I have isn't the jamming (which is annoying, but I can live with it,) it's the fact that when it happens I can't reload at all. I have to switch weapons, and then switch back, so that it does the cycling-the-bolt animation, and then I can reload. If I remember I'll try reloading when I spawn, but it seems to me that the problem is there's no way to manually clear the action. And no way to tap the clips before you slam them home, in order to make sure all the rounds are securely seated to reduce the jamming problem.

They may say there's no jamming, but it certainly happens to me. And it's usually not the first round.
[/quote]

There's no way to manually clear the action because it's not needed. What you describe is not something the game simulates, it's a separate issue entirely. Here, read this thread...

http://forums.insmod.net/index.php?showtopic=18777

Again, perhaps the server admins can take a look at this to make sure we don't have whatever plugin causes the problem?

Mongo
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Re: Favorite weapon?

Post by Mongo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:32 am

I have actually had that issue with my gun not firing the first time I try to shoot with many different weapons. It's really frustrating getting killed when your weapon simply doesn't shoot. If I catch it in time though it always fires after a few clicks.
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/155520_random.png[/img]

HarryMckay
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by HarryMckay » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:41 pm

[quote="Trinith";p="138593"][quote="HarryMckay";p="138428"]
The problem I have isn't the jamming (which is annoying, but I can live with it,) it's the fact that when it happens I can't reload at all. I have to switch weapons, and then switch back, so that it does the cycling-the-bolt animation, and then I can reload. If I remember I'll try reloading when I spawn, but it seems to me that the problem is there's no way to manually clear the action. And no way to tap the clips before you slam them home, in order to make sure all the rounds are securely seated to reduce the jamming problem.

They may say there's no jamming, but it certainly happens to me. And it's usually not the first round.
[/quote]

There's no way to manually clear the action because it's not needed. What you describe is not something the game simulates, it's a separate issue entirely. Here, read this thread...

http://forums.insmod.net/index.php?showtopic=18777

Again, perhaps the server admins can take a look at this to make sure we don't have whatever plugin causes the problem?[/quote]

This is actually different from what I'm talking about. That problem is being unable to pull the trigger, select another weapon, etc. There is no "misfire" sound, like that of an empty mag.

My problem is that the gun "jams" after a few shots, with the distinctive metallic "click" sound you get with an empty mag. Repeated clicking on the fire button does nothing, unlike with that problem.

I've experienced both, and the one reported in that thread is indeed mostly cleared up by reloading every time you spawn. The one I'm talking about, however, is not.

This may all be in my head since nobody else seems to have the problem. Wouldn't be the first time I've wondered if I was losing my mind over a video game.
Cat: Forget red - let's go all the way up to brown alert!
Kryten: There's no such thing as a brown alert, sir.
Cat: You won't be saying that in a minute!

[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/134556_random.png[/img]

Kilgore Trout
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Maybe you've cycled through all your reloads and you're left with a couple half empty magazines. This happens to me all the time because I reload probably a bit too much.

Leper
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Leper » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah it happened to me yesterday. Was covering the steps into obj B and shot up a marine trying to rush in. Took his M4, reloaded, & held position. Another marine rounds the corner; "Haha! got you no- wait, what?" *blam* I'm toasted. No empty magazine sound. It just didn't fire.
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/149705_random.png[/img]
Quit callin' me LEEPer.

HarryMckay
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by HarryMckay » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm

[quote="Leper";p="140151"]Yeah it happened to me yesterday. Was covering the steps into obj B and shot up a marine trying to rush in. Took his M4, reloaded, & held position. Another marine rounds the corner; "Haha! got you no- wait, what?" *blam* I'm toasted. No empty magazine sound. It just didn't fire.[/quote]

This is the other problem. From what I've seen on the Insurgency site's forums, it's caused by alt-tabbing, or in some other way having the game in the background (possibly even with the in-game Steam community overlay?) and then bringing it back up, and the computer thinks the other program is still up, so the mouse clicks/scroll don't register in the game. Multiple clicks seems to bring it back in, as if you clicked on the Insurgency window from another window. There's no "empty mag click" sound because the gun isn't "misfiring," it's a problem with the window switching. I never have this problem if I don't switch windows, minimize the game, etc. But, I don't always have it when I do.

What I've experienced is seemingly completely different.

And Trout, it's happened to me just after I've spawned. But it could be related (Abdul forgot to fully reload all the ammo clips in the weapons storage depot when the Mullah made him do it?)
Cat: Forget red - let's go all the way up to brown alert!
Kryten: There's no such thing as a brown alert, sir.
Cat: You won't be saying that in a minute!

[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/134556_random.png[/img]

Entity
New Villun
New Villun

Post by Entity » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:04 am

Marine Sgt m4 w/ scope.
Pain in the butt when the recoil kicks in for long range but better than the rest.

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:26 pm

[quote="Entity";p="140868"]Marine Sgt m4 w/ scope.
Pain in the butt when the recoil kicks in for long range but better than the rest.[/quote]
You left out the part where you feel better when Cujo is behind you with his sniper, calling out where the bad guys are ;) and saving your arce
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Cujo_/userbar359213av7.gif[/img]

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]