Need admins around more often

A place to discuss all things to do with Insurgency
Rebel_Rouser
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Rebel_Rouser » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:21 am

[quote="Leper";p="141835"]Looks like FREE China made his way around the ban & back to his old spawncamping BS. Now, I understand that you guys can't patrol the server 24/7 so.. is it possible to add a votekick/ban module to the server? Even if a vote wouldn't go through, it'd probably be enough to scare whomever is being a dork into reconsidering what he's doing.[/quote]
The vote kick/ban is already added along with several other commands. If you want access to these commands I suggest signing up as a supporter for the Ville under the ville menu to the left. You will also get some other cool stuff as well. :)

As far as admining, I try to hop on that server every now and again. I will try to play it more so I can get a better feel for the game and help get rid of the problem.
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs472.snc3/25885_1312467143515_1585764130_753710_5372158_n.jpg[/img]

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:45 pm

[quote="Leper";p="141835"]Looks like FREE China made his way around the ban & back to his old spawncamping BS. [/quote]

I don't think it's him. The ban manager shows that he is still trying to join with his banned account. Now, he has some mates that might be engaging in the same behavior. Don't worry, they will be dealt with also. For the most part, we try to give folks several chances before we ban them (unlike some communities).
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Need admins around more often

Post by Stevo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:47 pm

There was a glitch with SourceBans that allowed him in temporarily. It has since been fixed. :)

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:18 am

[quote="sgt stutter";p="137445"]If we can get TheVille.Org II - Insurgency server moving and as popular as TheVille.org XI - Insurgency server then we'll see about recruiting/adding some new admin to the mix.[/quote]

Ive seen it about half full a few times.

But we should be trying to fill it anyway :) I do what I can to seed the Insurgency servers, but they can be hard to seed sometimes.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Ironwolf
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ironwolf » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:04 am

its the holyday season, servers are bound to lose some of their regulars and pubs players. half the country is moving around and upside down to regroup.
Commissar Wolf reporting to the front line!