TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TTHREAZ's Scout Guide

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 pm

As a reformed and now fervent disciple of the Force-A-Nature, I've become used to switching to pistol after firing my FaN shots regardless of whether I kill or not. The FaN can usually kill with a couple direct shots, but even if not, a few pops with the Pistol is enough to finish them. I usually rush in and do my damage with the FaN, then immediately begin to backtrack with Pistol blazing. It does very well for me :D
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:39 pm

[quote="Nick Mame";p="119219"]
TTHREAZ wrote:...and you should never be within bonesaw range.
Quoted for much-needed emphasis. As a medic, I have killed so many scouts in a split second with a single swing because they decided to pass near me. You do not want to be remotely near a medic who knows how to melee. [/quote]

So 10 feet? :lol:

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:39 am

I'm noting this guide is dated in that its missing the new weapons. Only thing I'd know to say about the new weapons is the Shortstop should never be used in the same loadout as the Pistol because they share ammo.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:11 am

Katotsu wrote:I'm noting this guide is dated in that its missing the new weapons. Only thing I'd know to say about the new weapons is the Shortstop should never be used in the same loadout as the Pistol because they share ammo.
It was also written quite a while ago, long before Polycount and Australian Christmas.

Since then, the items added include
The Shortstop
Mad Milk
Holy Mackrel (despite being physically identical to the bat, there is a consideration factor between the two)
Special Delivery Set
Candy Cane
Boston Basher

While this guide hasn't been updated, this page details basic strategies while this other page has tips and tricks laid out by TF2 Wiki members. These aren't end-all-be-all strategies, but they give you a good idea of how to use the weapons and what to expect from them.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:03 am

I'll get around to updating it someday....

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:48 am

Zork, that's what I was getting at, though I could have been nicer in saying it. It is an excellent scout guide for what it includes.

Another weapon missing from this guide: Krit-a-Cola

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:44 am

Part of the problem with all of the new goodies is that it takes time for me to play with them and use them effectively. I won't put anything in the guide until I've had a chance to play with it and be effective with it. Otherwise, I'm just guessing.