Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Hints and Tips for playing TF2

Post by Archon » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:53 pm

some of this has probably been posted, so im just gonna repeat it again :P

Be nice to the medic(s)!

after a not so fun time on warpath earlier i have to say that. seriously, what the hell is the point of complaing about the medic not healing you when the medic is dead and waiting to respawn? its hard enough being a primary target, it'll just make the medic leave or not heal you. and when there is only 1 medic on your team, cut him or her a break, they are doing the best they can to heal everyone.

Help/protect the medic

even tho they can regen hp (slowly), they cant heal themselves. but they can heal you. take a hit for one if you can, they can heal the damage. if you see or hear a medic call for a medic, that probably means they are being attacked, so if possible, turn around and help him or her. warn if you see a spy coming, they will target the medics when they are not after engie buildings.

Keep moving

as a medic, try to keep moving, even when you appear to safe. the more you move and jump around, the less easy it is for the enemy to hit you. of course you may end up jumping into a crit rocket from time to time like me lol. its aslo quite satisfying whem you dodge the attempted backstab then needle or chop the spy that tried it. also use who you are healing as a shield when necessary

Be "on call"

tho being a personal medic to a single player can be usefull, especially if its a highly skilled one, dont just stick to healing one player. heal whoever needs it if you are in range of them. the more teammates you can keep alive the better.

Always heal

keep working up the ubercharge as much as you can. its an invaluable asset to the team. also, dont be afraid to use it. saving it for the perfect moment may not be always helpfull as you could get killed before you can activate it. its kind of a judgement call depending on the situation, you dont want to risk getting killed, but you dont want to waste it either.

Ubercharging

what you uber can be as important as who you uber, it all depends on the situation. pyros are like psychological warfare, they make em run away. this is especially usefull at the beginning of a round. they are good against large groups and ground based sentries that are close. heavys can be used in the same situations, but are not limited to ground targets and have more range, tho they are not to great at taking down sentries at long ranges (shot spreads out to much). demos are arguably the best at taking out sentries and multple sentries, tho a soldier is also good in a pinch, especially at long ranges.

im probably missing some points, but thats all i think of at 3am lol
USER, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot.'

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:37 am

if you see mr S on server playing demo, offer an uber... you wont regret it :P

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Paranoiac's Guide

Post by So Uncivilized » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:02 am

The paranoiac's guide to TF2:

Watch out for snipers; don't go out in the open. 'Thanks for standing still, wanka!' Yeah, thanks for hanging out in the back with your fricking telescope cannon. Enjoy your dijeridoo or whatever.

Also, watch your back for spies, because if they back stab you you will die. Your best bet is to keep your back to the wall. You might get lung cancer from hanging around these chimneys, too. What was that noise??

Enemy demomen can shoot over and around obstacles so it's best to keep your eye on low buildings and walls. Better to avoid them all together. Also, watch out if you see him driving. A one-eyed drunk.. yeah, I don't think so.

Since pyros can easily flame you in constricted areas like tunnels and passageways, those places are best avoided, too. I don't know how they carry that axe around without cutting themselves.

Playing scout is a good choice, because you can outrun the other classes. Binding the 'Medic!' call to your 'W' key is useful so that you ALWAYS get healed first, too.

Oh yeah, just thinking about the hwg, steer clear of this menace because he has a big old machine gun.

Also, rockets can kill you in one shot, so soldiers are right out. And forget about how much it sucks to come around a corner and run into that grinning maniac and his robotic killing partner. Engineers are back there, so never, never go behind enemy lines, or even up to the front lines.

So to sum it up, avoid passages and open areas, and make sure your back is to the wall. A great strategy is to stay in the spawn- in a crouch, with your back to the wall. Next to the resupply locker is a good location, if no one can see you from outside, that is. Make sure to call for the medic regularly, just in case!!!

Oddjob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Oddjob » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 am

ROFL nice advice :)

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:59 am

:rofl:

I bet SU holds the record for time alive...

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Yes, excellent advice, but what if your team loses? How do you prevent the enemies from killing you? :shifty:

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:04 pm

[quote="Stevo";p="79823"]Yes, excellent advice, but what if your team loses? How do you prevent the enemies from killing you? :shifty:[/quote]

Run Forrest Run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KFMJN_BIc
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 pm

What does he say at the very end???

I couldn't understand him...

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:32 pm

[quote="Stevo";p="79823"]Yes, excellent advice, but what if your team loses? How do you prevent the enemies from killing you? :shifty:[/quote]

Actually, I've found that standing still in certain spots can almost guarantee the enemy will run by and not see you. ;)
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:58 pm

I cant tell you how many times I start running with the enemy at the the beginning of the bonus round... I guess they just assume Im a disguised spy, or just plain old dont see me.

Or, as DOW says, just standing still in the right spot will keep you safe most of the time.

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:06 pm

After reading the excellent post by Archon, I have to say that, as a spy, I always go after the medics first.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Archon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Archon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:42 pm

i hate you now :lol:

couple more:

dont be afraid to heal a fellow medic, keep each other alive if possible. the more medics the merrier

dont take hp containters unless absolutely necessary if there is a medic around. the medic can heal you but will no doubt need them at some point.

stop yelling for a medic if you dont need it, its annoying and will likely get you ignored more often than healed.

spies make good pin cushins :P
USER, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot.'

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Oh yes, if the other team wins, disconnect quickly and go play something else. Preferably with soft pieces with no corners or weights involved.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:11 pm

[quote="So Uncivilized";p="79884"][quote="Stevo";p="79823"]Yes, excellent advice, but what if your team loses? How do you prevent the enemies from killing you? :shifty:[/quote]

Oh yes, if the other team wins, disconnect quickly and go play something else. Preferably with soft pieces with no corners or weights involved.[/quote]
Ok. :afraid:

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:56 pm

[quote="So Uncivilized";p="79884"]

Oh yes, if the other team wins, disconnect quickly and go play something else. Preferably with soft pieces with no corners or weights involved.
[/quote]

:rofl:

Rage quit