DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Hints and Tips for playing TF2

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Anyone rushing an enemy area:

If you see an enemy SG or other buildable that has been spy sapped...SHOOT IT! Usually one rocket or whatever will do the trick! :wink:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:45 pm

[quote="[Pug Patrol] Pimpin Fred";p="60302"]Medics: when waiting as the spawn during set up, find a demoman or solider to heal, as they are the only two classes that can hurt themselves to my knowledge, your uber will be ready just in time. However, the demoman or solider need to know to hurt themselves. Too many times, will I be waiting at the spawn point as a medic and have four soliders tauting instead of damanging themselves.[/quote]
As of a recent update, this is no longer necessary. The uber now charges faster automatically during set-up. :wink:

[quote="[Pug Patrol] Pimpin Fred";p="60302"]All classes: if you lose instead of hiding to attempt to not get slaughtered, find a place with a good vantage point and taunt when you see the enemy. No one will kill you as a axe music playing pyro... until your taunt is over, this may save your life, as there is only a short time to get slaughtered.[/quote]
Heh, I always do that. Unfortunately, I usually get killed before I finish my solo. :lol:

[quote="[Pug Patrol] Pimpin Fred";p="60302"]Edit- Engie pt 2: On non-open CTF maps (great example CTF_TurbineV3) you will probably be reluctant to build teles, but you should. Especially in the Vents, the opposing team can't get past them, so when they get destroyed they act as an alarm for you and your teammates. Spys also tend to sap them, which informs you of their presence.[/quote]
Enemies can usually get over them by crouching.

Other than that, you had some great tips. :)

kookoo275
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by kookoo275 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:29 pm

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="46835"]We were practicing this one the other night for fun, Silver, Blah and me......

As a demo on 2Fort:
On the balcony, fire two stickies, but not near the edge.
Run over them and beyond them and jump and press right click at the same time.
You will pipe jump across the bridge onto the opposite balcony. If you do it right, you can manage to do it with 50hp still left![/quote]
You can get across with one... if you're good ;). The trick is to run, and as soon as you're (in front of or on top of, depending on if you want to go more forward or high, respectively), push crouch, jump, and detonate at the same time. Play around with it, you can get reeeaally high with just one sticky.

Tarrock
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tarrock » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:41 am

[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/demoteam3Tarrock.png[/img]

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:00 pm

LOL nice drawing tarrock
taht would make sense unless the doctor ubered :D

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm sure most everyone knows this but, Don't neglect the stickybomb's charge ability. You can launch stickybombs from one battlements to the other on 2fort. This can really help control the sniper population.

Also fun is to stick a bunch of stickies on enemy teleporter exits/dispenser(s) then wait till the enemy appears...."Kablooey!"

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Welcome to the forums Fiz.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

mulisha
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mulisha » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Not sure if anyone has said this yet but regarding demo, when someone is being healed by a medic I always shoot two pipes behind them and then shoot two at them so when they most likely will back up, the medic will get those behind him and the guy in front will get the other two. I do this all the time and it works great.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:56 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="45170"]
- As a disguised spy if you see an enemy medic yell out for assistance. Not only will he heal you if you're injured, but you'll look more convincing to the rest of his team if they see you paired up. When you yell for a medic when you are disguised, it will show up in their chat as the person you are imitating calling for the medic.
[/quote]

Ok... They need to tweak this!

Reason being.... When you are a spy and you yell medic or incoming or help... or whatever, it says the person's name who you are imitatng BUT it says it in the enemy teams colour, and you get pwned straight away...

Play around a little and you;ll see what I'm talkin about.

peace

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:15 am

Meds:

Ubercharge demos more often... they can cause much more damage to bunched buildings and enemies than 1 heavy.

Just ask Skelly :D

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:10 pm

[quote="Tarrock";p="61029"]
[/quote]

:lol:

Nice visual Tarrock!

kill-moj0
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by kill-moj0 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:20 pm

This goes along with the Snipers taking out SG's with one fully charged shot - Use corners to your advantage if the SG is too close to get in it's view without getting shot by it. 1. Get behind the corner out of the SG's view. 2. Charge that shot up. 3. Slowly step around the corner. 4. When you can visually see any part of the SG at all, even just it's feet, take the shot. SG is gone and you took no damage! :)
// Ever dance with a moj0 by the pale moon-light [you]? //
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/kill-moj0/sigkillmojojr2.jpg[/img]

BlackHawk
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlackHawk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 pm

A thought on how to help out a spy. If friendly fire is off, chase and try and kill a spy on your team. Since you can't kill him, you look like a bad shot, and the other team come to help their "player" you get your spy behind them. Just a thought
“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
― W.C. Fields

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 pm

[quote="DJ George";p="74665"]A thought on how to help out a spy. If friendly fire is off, chase and try and kill a spy on your team. Since you can't kill him, you look like a bad shot, and the other team come to help their "player" you get your spy behind them. Just a thought[/quote]

Good one, George. Make your spy believable!
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

ScurvySD
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ScurvySD » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Remember that Sentries can't see through other Engineer buildings. Keep that in mind when you're building, and also keep it in mind when you're a spy. If possible, stab the engy, then duck behind his dispenser while you recloak.
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvc08_win.gif[/img]