Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: How Alex plays sniper

Post by jettah » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Jettah's .02c

I use 3 sniper primary weapons, but the rest of my loadout stays the same. The primary weapon changes based on strategy, my opponents and the layout of the map. I rock the primary sniper, the huntsman and the Machina. I have yet to find valid uses for any of the others.

For example, against fast opposing snipers on a normal map I use regular sniper. On a map like thunder mountain with long sightlines and lots of choke points the machina is unbeatable. My 17 kill streak last night on TV7 speaks to that effect. The ability of this weapon to penetrate and kill 2 targets at once is well utilized on maps with lots of areas that accumulate opponents.
Huntsman for corner/chokepoint spamming arrows as you can strafe and fire these accurately on a more enclosed map. For example 3rd stage offense dustbowl.

I never change my sensitivity settings. Throws me off too much to switch back and forth.

Jarate FTW at all times.
Kukri Melee, bleeding spies covered in piss gets people's attention.

Technique for me is all situational. If you are watching a chokepoint, strafe aiming is an easy way to consistently shoot heads off, but 1v1 against a talented sniper it goes out the window.

Also, hide your dot when possible.

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Strafe Aiming...I do that so much as a scout
I can't snipe at all xD Nice guide you have there

Alex
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Alex » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

nnn. Forgot about this thread. Thanks to the recent update, as long as the other team has a sniper, the only secondary to use is the danger shield. With the health boost and the damage reduction, it will make you immune to quickscopes and fully charged bodyshots, making countersniping excessively difficult for the enemy team.
If this is your first Ville Cup, allow me to clarify that winning is way, way more fun than not winning.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Alex wrote:nnn. Forgot about this thread. Thanks to the recent update, as long as the other team has a sniper, the only secondary to use is the danger shield. With the health boost and the damage reduction, it will make you immune to quickscopes and fully charged bodyshots, making countersniping excessively difficult for the enemy team.
Don't listen. It's all lies...
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011