jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: General Musings ~ A TF2 Guide

Post by jettah » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Great overall post. I just now got to reading this as I stumbled across this forum folder after overlooking it for so long.

Very complete, and very insightful. I am eager to try some of the console commands later tonight to see if they make a huge difference.

My main question is that when I use these console commands, will they permanently change my config? I knew that in CS, some of the console commands would not stick due to certain server regulations, and I would have to load my config each time I played. I never got into customizing it for TF2.
Just like everyone else, I have some personal qualms about weapon choices, but I think this is a good starting guide for any new player and will help them understand the game.
Loadouts are a very personal part of this game and play style has a great influence over the weapons people choose. My play style even effects the hats I choose or don't choose to wear.
Thanks again for the write-up, this a great starting point for any player to try to understand the game better.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:54 pm

jettah wrote:My main question is that when I use these console commands, will they permanently change my config? I knew that in CS, some of the console commands would not stick due to certain server regulations, and I would have to load my config each time I played. I never got into customizing it for TF2.
As far as I can tell, console commands are permanently changed in your config. You could always re-enter the command to change it, or open the config file directly to edit it.
jettah wrote:Just like everyone else, I have some personal qualms about weapon choices, but I think this is a good starting guide for any new player and will help them understand the game.
Loadouts are a very personal part of this game and play style has a great influence over the weapons people choose. My play style even effects the hats I choose or don't choose to wear.
Thanks again for the write-up, this a great starting point for any player to try to understand the game better.
Of course, many people have personal opinions when it comes to weapon choice, and there are many different ways to play the various classes. That said, when I wrote up the guide, I wrote it with a min-max mindset. Basically, this is the optimal way to play the class given everything else being equal. That said, I should probably go back and reevaluate some of the options considering the large balance patch that was just released.

Glad you found this thread helpful!

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 am

Absolutely, I would love to see a re-vamped assessment with some of the new changes, or any other tidbits you have come across. More information the merrier!

thanks!