Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: A snipers guide anyone?

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:12 pm

and for the love of god...if you want any mouse consistency...turn off mouse acceleration
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Pwnstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pwnstar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Parade kid hit most of the points on how to be efficient in the class, something the i learned is that there are two kinds of shots for me
1.You put your crosshair in front of the target and wait for them to walk into it for an easy headshot(Use this one for when there are crowds)
2. the normal point and shoot method that is something I do a good job of 1v1 but really bad for my croud control
In the end though it all is about being aware of the people around you to get in a no pressure sniping spot that you can be effective with were you don't get harassed by other classes. Something that no matter how many people say this it cant be stressed enough is to be confident and comfortable with your mouse sensitivity, once that is done all the rest will come to you.
Proish tip when 1v1 against another sniper zoom in at them zoom out and side step to get an easy shot on there non moving head because they are to busy zooming in on where you were so they miss but you zoomed in on them not moving for a sweet sweet headshot

l33tOMGlolz!11!shift
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l33tOMGlolz!11!shift » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 am

Everything basic has been covered here. Everything else is minutia that is going to be situational or primarily for hot sniper vs sniper action (bow chicka bow wow).

When the machina came out I loved it. I've grown to loathe it and gone back to the stock rifle. I'm a strategy person at heart and strategically, the machina is garbage (Just my opinion).

The short version of sniping well is the need to be fast and accurate. The more of that the better.
-OS/2

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh, Pwnstar, they (other people) refer to the zooming out and stuff thing as "Fake Scoping", and it's pretty good :)
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 am

Fano wrote:A couple of tips off the top of my head:
  • Don't camp, move around and shoot from different areas, it'll be harder for opposing snipers to see you if you pop out from a different hole every time you peek
  • Aim before you scope, put your crosshair around the general vicinity of your target's head before you right click to zoom in, this will make it easier to make the small adjustment needed to hit the head quickly.
  • Priorities targets can vary but generally it's: Sniper -> Medic -> Heavy/Soldier/Demo -> Everything else.
  • Loadout stuff:
    • Most efficient loadout is Stock + Jarate/SMG + bushwacka, I'm sure people will disagree with this as they always do :roll:
    • Razorback can be acceptable if spies are an issue (and if you aren't just sitting back behind everyone where they can just 2-shot you with the revolver), but you'll miss out on the utility given by jarate or the awesome damage of the underrated SMG (it does more damage and is more reliable than scout/engineer pistols even!).
    • The darwin shield is pretty useless as the extra health doesn't really do anything for you.
    • Bazaar bargain is objectively worse but not so much that you'll be at a disadvantage for using it so it's basically preference there.
    • Sydney sleeper will let you annoy the crap out of other snipers and not much else, it has some utility but lacking headshots means you can't 1-hit anything with more health than a medic, and nobody if they have overheal.
    • Machina is trash because you give away your position every time you shoot and you can't no-scope with it. Pierce shots are cool but if you waiting for a full charge before every shot you aren't going to be very useful.
    • Melee choices are largely irrelevant unless you're carrying jarate in which case you'll always want the bushwacka for that cool combo on spies and such, if you don't carry jarate then I usually just go with stock since it doesn't have the extra fire vulnerability (even though it's not very noticeable), I almost never pull out melee as sniper though.
    • Cozy Camper seems to be pretty useless since it makes you stand quite literally still while you scope...haven't had much of a change to play with it though.
    • If you use the huntsman I will hate you forever...that's more of a personal opinion though ;)
I disagree with you on the Sydney Sleeper, being a sniper who uses it i can tell you that it is probably the best sniper overall. Yes it does less damage then the other snipers for not being able to headshot, but the jarate effects make up for that in a plethora of ways. 1) it cripples whoever you hit, i have render heavy medic teams completely helpless by jarating the heavy, if their is another heavy medic team shooting at the jarated heavy, he is dead, medics can not out heal that, and even if their isn't a counter heavy, that extra damage makes it more likely that he will be brought down. 2) Jarate is a wonderful physiological weapon, I have seen counter-attacks completely ruined because of jarate, they didn't die, but they pulled back because they knew that they would if they continued. People are not going to put up a defense if they die at the slightest drop of a cool looking hat. 3) Because you are body shooting, you are much more likely to hit your target, heads are tiny, torso are big. 4) You can spy check from a distance, if you suspect a teammate is a spy, shoot him, and if he is jarated, great you have alerted your whole team, and they will prompt kill him, hopefully. 5) The Sydney Sleeper gets a faster charge rate so thous quick scoped shots will do more damage, much more if they are jarated. Honestly i think the Sydney Sleeper is one of the most underrated weapons in the game, it takes the sniper from a specific support role, killing medics and snipers, to a more general support that i would argue is much better for the team overall. Sure not having to deal with enemy snipers is cool, but if you can do that plus makes the other enemies pushovers? Why not?

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 pm

How many pro circuts is the Sydney Sleeper banned in? I know its banned.

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:53 pm

6Larry9 wrote:***PRO TIPS INCOMING***
1. Stand in a corner.
2. Scope in.
3. Fully charge your gun/bow.
4. Bodyshot (Headshots are only useful for showing off)
5. Taunt
6. ??????
7. Top Score
Hellz yeah.
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Katotsu wrote:How many pro circuts is the Sydney Sleeper banned in? I know its banned.
Why would it be banned?

wedge
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by wedge » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Kagsacar wrote:
Katotsu wrote:How many pro circuts is the Sydney Sleeper banned in? I know its banned.
Why would it be banned?
the set is banned

Pwnstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pwnstar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:35 pm

get good play against Wedge and when you can comfortably kill him you are pro the end :D

El_Hefe
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by El_Hefe » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:52 pm

OmgOhnoes wrote:Also, taunting El Hefe is a requirement any time you kill him. Particularly with body-shots; it doesn't matter if you die to someone else while taunting. The Ville stats system actually gives you a "Taunting El Hefe" point.. or it's on the "to do" list, one of those.
does it really give you a point??

LIES!!!

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:15 pm

wedge wrote:
Kagsacar wrote:
Why would it be banned?
the set is banned
Someone linked a commentary to one of the finals, and they said that we wouldn't be seeing the Sydney Sleeper in this goofy match because its banned. Not the set, the weapon itself.