Tactics for taking Dustbowl Stage 3?

A place to discuss strategies and methods of playing
DarkishFriend
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Tactics for taking Dustbowl Stage 3?

Post by DarkishFriend » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:11 pm

I see a lot of O's just get derailed the second those gates open. Let this topic be for general tips for that stages as I see the server that runs Dustbowl 24/7 has a bit a difficultly capping the points.

Tip 1) Ninja cap the first point if possible, this will give you extra time to push.
Tip 2) The biggest targets are the sentries that are facing the point, if the other sentries can be avoided and you can cap, woot.
Tip 3) Spying is almost impossible in the small area of the 2nd point, unless you are an expert, you'd probably be more help playing soldier.
Tip 4) 3 Huntsman Snipers that wear the Razorback do not win the game. Maybe if you can actually kill the enemies, but I've watched snipers run out into firing range at least 30 times before they seemingly get a kill.
Tip 5) You will need medics, the other two Stages you may be able to get by without medics if you zerg rush, this map is made for dug in defense.
Tip 6) Spies, on the first cap, take the teleporters that take you to the first cap. If an engi is in that room, he will never watch his back and he makes easy pickings for sap n stab or vice versa.
Tip 7) Spy check, spy check, spy check, please for the love of god, spy check.
Tip 8) If you have two engi's on O, don't build the bases right beside each other. Have one on the most forward front and one hanging back a bit, D loves to uber pyros or demos and ruin a good base setup. Without the teleporters, it's at least 10-15 seconds to walk to the front and if they blow up the base, your front will effectively be pushed back as far as they can go. With another engi base, you can avoid trying to get past the 1st cap again like at the start of the round.

unsmart
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by unsmart » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Tip 6) Spies, on the first cap, take the teleporters that take you to the first cap. If an engi is in that room, he will never watch his back and he makes easy pickings for sap n stab or vice versa.
Please delete that, it will make engies in there more paranoid! :P That is really one of my favorite things to do for the first point. No pyros running around burning, a trusting engie, a spy's dream.

Otherwise, this is my most hated map and would rather lose hard on D2 than win and go to D3 (not to say I try to make my team lose) (and I hate it from both sides)
[img]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9884/twosnaps004.gif[/img]

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Tactics for taking Dustbowl Stage 3?

Post by NoahTheBoa » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Teleporters are pretty much essential for taking the second point. Two lvl 3 teles can give you an almost constant stream of people to the frontline. It is also important to have sentries and dispensers. The sentries can stop a RED push that would otherwise force the whole team back around the corner and the engineers to rebuild. The dispensers can heal the people who aren't at the front leaving medics to keep the people attacking alive.
By far, the most important thing is to coordinate when to hit ubers and to let the whole team know where the sentries are. Once the guns are down one more uber can usually cripple the other team enough to allow for most of BLU to follow in and cap the point. Without medics it is pretty much impossible to win this point. I also find that ubers are more effective for BLU but that a good kritzkrieg after the guns are down can really help weaken RED.

DarkishFriend
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by DarkishFriend » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Pretty good replies, maybe we should do some tips for D? Nah, the only tip I could think of would be SPAM projectiles in general area of enemies and watch the domination come

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:17 pm

A good spy on defense can be pretty destructive killing medics and destroying teleporters.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 pm

w+m1
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13