Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pyro Guide

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Plinko wrote:I'm a huge fan of the shotgun, it's critical for killing other pyros and shield-bearing demos - two of your toughest nuts to crack as a pyro.
-Boss Llama

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:38 am

Degreaser + Reserve Shooter + Axetinguisher/Mailbox = The Pwn

I hardly even use my melee weapon anymore with this combo. Pyro is already THE crowd control class, and now the RS makes them a much deadlier CC. I like very much :mrgreen:

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 am

Alizée Fan wrote:
Plinko wrote:I'm a huge fan of the shotgun, it's critical for killing other pyros and shield-bearing demos - two of your toughest nuts to crack as a pyro.
:wink:

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 am

I like the reserve shooter.

Though...having only three shots really sucks when your aim is as bad as mine.

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 am

Flare Gun.

There is nothing like watching a 125 HP class hit the floor as a flaming corpse.
Last edited by THE Flying chihuahua on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

shotgun just because of the 6 shells, and I dont need to predict where the person is going.

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Plinko wrote:shield-bearing demos
If you're good with an Axtinguisher the most they can do is one swing. Usually they don't even get that on me.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Crit swing is a kill, and I carry homewrecker since if I'm pyro, it's at least partly to support the engineer.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Earthworm James wrote:Degreaser + Reserve Shooter + Axetinguisher/Mailbox
I ran into a guy doing just this on 7 today. I killed him with my eyelander several times in a row, and part of the reason behind doing that was because he was trying to airblast and shoot me with the reserve shooter, rather than burn and/or axtinguish. Yeah, so I take half-damage from the flame anyway, but often times fire is far more reliable and effective than puff and sting tactics, especially when you're a bad shot.

How many times do I have to melee kill degreaser pyros before they realize that air does no damage? I win a lot more fights than I should sword vs axtinguisher.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Degreaser-DETONATOR-and Axetinguisher.Thats how I roll... I have found it really fun to use the detonator jump to find amusing and effective angles with the pyro that you can't get with a shotgun or a flare. the degreaser and axetinguisher is my favorite part of playing pyro...

trilobite
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by trilobite » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Degreaser + Postal Pummeler / axtinguisher (take your pick) + Flare gun is my preference.
The pyro is so customizable. I do not think there is one ideal loadout. So it depends on what you are trying to accomplish -- what kind of fun you want to have.
But to be truthful, as a flare-gun-packing pyro, I get owned on a map with shotgun-toting opposing pyros. But, whatever. Doesn't happen that often.
I'm usually on a spy hunt. That's why I like my little flare gun. I shoot down a tunnel and often catch little spy guys on fire. I like the little popping sound it makes.
I also like to pester opposing groups with quick little around-corner flare gun shots. I especially like hitting distant snipers with flares.
And a flare gun can deliver that stylish finishing touch to an inflamed and retreating soldier. One shot with a flare packs a big punch. You have to really concentrate on your aim, though.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:45 pm

So I just got a strange degreaser (thanks to Stevio), but I've never used it before. I need some help on how to play with a degreaser. I dont own a detonator, I do have the RS and the flare. My usual loadout for pyro is stock/RS/homewrecker. I usually play engi support and airblast ubers back. The other melee weapons I have are the powerjack and the back scratcher, though I am really bad at melee.

Help?
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm

I tend to go degreaser+flaregun+backscratcher.
RecentlyI've been trying philogistinator+detonator+backscratcher.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 pm

If you want to roll the Degreaser into your lineup, and keep the RS/Homewrecker, that's a respectable match. Basically, your most lethal attack will be to airblast the enemy and quick-switch to the RS, then shoot them out of the air, switch back to degreaser, repeat. Helps if you puff them before airblasting the first time as well, to get the trickle damage from the flames while you skeet shoot them. Practice practice practice your shotgun aim. The accelerated weapon-switch from the degreaser is very helpful for combo attacks like these. Style points if you can puff somebody high enough (or off a ledge) so you can get two shots in before they hit ground.
-Boss Llama

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:If you want to roll the Degreaser into your lineup, and keep the RS/Homewrecker, that's a respectable match. Basically, your most lethal attack will be to airblast the enemy and quick-switch to the RS, then shoot them out of the air, switch back to degreaser, repeat. Helps if you puff them before airblasting the first time as well, to get the trickle damage from the flames while you skeet shoot them. Practice practice practice your shotgun aim. The accelerated weapon-switch from the degreaser is very helpful for combo attacks like these. Style points if you can puff somebody high enough (or off a ledge) so you can get two shots in before they hit ground.
So your saying the days of w+m1 are over? I'm going to have to develop some skill to play pyro now. Any advice for getting the airblast to be effective? I usually just rush in blasting and back the uber into a wall and juggle them. It seems that I need to get someone airborne on the first blast and shotgun them while in the air. Aim high with the airblast?
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96