Plans for next Garry's Mod Event

A forum dedicated to the discussion of the Mod, its addons and designs for contraptions!
Tarrock
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Plans for next Garry's Mod Event

Post by Tarrock » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Gonna paste what I sent stevo about the idea. Would be nice to get everyones opinions and such. Currently in the planning process and stevos looking for mods to make it happen. Just a short overview of it without great detail.

Well we take the whole idea of that castle assualt and turn it to a large scale capture the flag battle. First we have the event on the last saturday in september or first sat in october, so we give people a month to sign up and get gary's mod and it won't conflict with the soccer tourny or the pirate event. Would like to see this event with 30 or 40 ppl
I'll build a castle similar to lil SU's, but with stairs/ramps so people can get around.
The event would be 2 hours and 30 mins long which would be divided into 2 1 hour games giving each team a turn to defend.
The defenders would get 25 of some object that was pickupable and the attackers would have to bring these things back to their base. To win the attackers have to capture all 25 or the defenders have to hold out for an hour.
The attackers are able to build machines and such to get up on the castle and from there they can open up the drawbridge, or other devices to physics kill people(we'd need to clear out the inside of the castle every 5 minutes to stop clutter). The attackers side would be totally blocked off to prevent the defenders from interupt them or killing them. Then we have ammo limits so we don't have people shooting rockets over and over again.Also physics guns and tools wouldn't be allowed outside of the attacker's base.
[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/demoteam3Tarrock.png[/img]