CSS Bug

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.
Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

CSS Bug

Post by Rigges » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 am

Hey First off let me say I have tried to register in the complaints area and it doesn't work.

OK on to the problem CSS server was acting funny this morning

1. Spawn 2x IE at end of round new round would start but map not reset IE fixtures were not reset so you would spawn for a few then reset and spawn again.

2. Terrorists would continue to respon over and over until you either killed all of them or they respond till they were all alive again ct did not do that

3. Hand grenade is way under powered

4. Instead of getting your next weapon upgrade on the start of the next round you get it immediately in the round your on you could virtually change weapons with every kill to the next level of weapon in the same round.

I think that was all

Rigges :snipersmile:
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:43 am

Hey Rigges.

The rounds are setup that way on purpose to make the game a little more intense and faster. If you play with other people on and not just bots, then the rounds virtually never end and you spawn right after dying just like the bots. The weapon upgrades happen instantly and you have an unlimited supply of grenades instead of just one.

When a round ends and starts it does do it twice and I believe that is a glitch with the speed round settings. Try to logon when we get some more people on in the afternoons and see what a game is like. It gets crazy and fast.

As for the complaint dept, we can look into that, but this post in here is just fine as it isn't really a complaint.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:50 am

changing weapons when u get the kill is good, gives the other players a chance to frag you.

nade is unerpowered coz its supposed to be hard to kill some1 with a nade, or it is the fact that you have armour.

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:37 pm

[quote="Hamese";p="105842"]Hey Rigges.

The rounds are setup that way on purpose to make the game a little more intense and faster. If you play with other people on and not just bots, then the rounds virtually never end and you spawn right after dying just like the bots. The weapon upgrades happen instantly and you have an unlimited supply of grenades instead of just one.

When a round ends and starts it does do it twice and I believe that is a glitch with the speed round settings. Try to logon when we get some more people on in the afternoons and see what a game is like. It gets crazy and fast.

As for the complaint dept, we can look into that, but this post in here is just fine as it isn't really a complaint.[/quote]

OK well I know I played last week then and it was one round one weapon then change weapon in the next round it did not do this 2 X spawn and I did not spawn again it was only the Terrorists side that responded did not do that before either. Also I only got 1 nade and only one when it was nade time then it switched to a pistol and I would have to wait for the next round to get another to try and kill the opposing team with so I could move up to the next level.

But any way I will try and get in there and see what its like when there are people around.

Rigges

Mrs Rigges is very sad

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Yeah, last week it was still June, so it was on RPG or whatever. this month, for July, it's set to 'gun game', which I presume is the ruleset that you are encountering.

SU

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:56 pm

SU, It started off with 1 round per a deal then it was(thankfully) made for as many level ups in a life as it is now.
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: CSS Bug

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:11 pm

"It's not a glitch, it's a feature!"

There are two kinds of gungames, normal and turbo. Turbo seems to be what we have on, which gives you your next weapon instantly. I, personally, prefer the weapons given next round (as it gives you the strategic ability to find your next gun and get a kill with it as well).

As for grenades, yeah, they're meant to be tough. They only do at most about 60-70 damage and thats if they're right under their feet. Realistic, perhaps not, but that's the standard nade damage. As S said, it's meant to be a difficult kill.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:02 pm

When you use a gren it will switch to your pistol, but you can quickly switch back to a new gren.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:36 pm

[quote="Hamese";p="105928"]
When you use a gren it will switch to your pistol, but you can quickly switch back to a new gren.
[/quote]

do a quick HS with the pistol, then nade, and you have your kill :D

D.B.Cooper
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by D.B.Cooper » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:48 pm

My gren works fine, just ask masakari, tickles, jim beam. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:00 am

[quote="Hamese";p="105928"]When you use a gren it will switch to your pistol, but you can quickly switch back to a new gren.[/quote]

Well what I am saying is for me while I was playing in there with the Bots I could not switch to nade after throwing one it did not work maybe it does now but it did not when I was in there

I am with TheCarpe I, personally, prefer the weapons given next round

And as for the Spawn in an unreset map 2-5 seconds of play then reset map and spawn again is a maddening delay

and like I said before only the T's respon the CT's did not respon during the round.

also when I played last week it was listed as Gun game and TheCarpe must be right in the differences I am experiencing is Gun game and gun game Turbo.

Rigges

Mrs Rigges is very sad

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:42 am

[quote="D.B.Cooper";p="105965"]My gren works fine, just ask masakari, tickles, jim beam. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:ohoh: :ohoh:

I notice that sometimes my weapons won't upgrade to the next one until I die and respawn, think that's just a glitch on my end maybe. Not a big issue.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:18 am

[quote="Tickles";p="106028"]
[quote="D.B.Cooper";p="105965"]My gren works fine, just ask masakari, tickles, jim beam. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:ohoh: :ohoh:

I notice that sometimes my weapons won't upgrade to the next one until I die and respawn, think that's just a glitch on my end maybe. Not a big issue.
[/quote]

I get the same thing as well, Mrs Tickles, doesnt really bother me though, coz its a GG

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:20 am

[quote="Rigges (CTR)";p="106020"][quote="Hamese";p="105928"]When you use a gren it will switch to your pistol, but you can quickly switch back to a new gren.[/quote]

Well what I am saying is for me while I was playing in there with the Bots I could not switch to nade after throwing one it did not work maybe it does now but it did not when I was in there

I am with TheCarpe I, personally, prefer the weapons given next round

And as for the Spawn in an unreset map 2-5 seconds of play then reset map and spawn again is a maddening delay

and like I said before only the T's respon the CT's did not respon during the round.

also when I played last week it was listed as Gun game and TheCarpe must be right in the differences I am experiencing is Gun game and gun game Turbo.

Rigges[/quote]

I think the server just needed to reboot for all your fixes to happen, except for the double round start.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:36 am

We need to set the bots to not die when the real players die. That will fix the round restarting thing.