What do you want for our CSS server?

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.

Our CSS server should be:

Poll ended at Mon May 12, 2008 12:31 pm

a 24/7 Dust2 server - regular CSS
53%
a GunGame server
38%
a CSS:RPG server
9%

Total votes: 32

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: What do you want for our CSS server?

Post by So Uncivilized » Sun May 11, 2008 4:19 pm

[quote="Tickles";p="93096"]People are into the newer games or already have there own set of servers they frequent and most don't tend to stray away from those.

[/quote]

I just bought CS:S in preparation for this. I think there might be some new people out there who are willing to play a night or two a week that have never played elsewhere. So, I am calling out the other people who have joined the ville in the last six months or so to try something new. TF2 isn't going anywhere for a long long time. Time to play some of the games that led up to it!

mujo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by mujo » Sun May 11, 2008 6:45 pm

:lol: Looks like I'm the only person interested in a RPG server :lol:

That's ok, I'm down for whatever. But a stock Dust server would do just fine. I am very excited :hb:
Adversities do not make a person weak, they reveal what strength he has. -Kierkegaard

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/mujosig.jpg[/img]

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Sun May 11, 2008 8:36 pm

So what exactly is Gungame?
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun May 11, 2008 9:42 pm

[quote="E.T. EddieTorrez";p="93168"]So what exactly is Gungame?[/quote]

Well, there is Gun Game and Reverse Gun Game. Traditional Gun Game has every player starting with a Glock. When they kill someone with it, next round they get the USP, then the P228, and so on until the AWP, M249, grenade, and finally knife. Reverse Gun Game works the same way, but starts with the M249, and works down to Glock, but still ends with the grenade and knife kills.

There is also Turbo Gun Game, which gives you your next weapon immediately after you kill with your current weapon.

Personally, I prefer non-turbo, reverse Gungame. In normal, if you have a bad start and are still on the pistols, you can be sorely outmatched by those who have made it to higher weapons, and Turbo only aggrivates this. At least with reverse, you have big guns from the start, and it makes for a much evener playing field, and closer endgames.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sun May 11, 2008 9:42 pm

[quote="E.T. EddieTorrez";p="93168"]
So what exactly is Gungame?
[/quote]

THIS

also, I wouldn't mind a rotation of maps, stock maps that is

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sun May 11, 2008 9:43 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="93177"]
[quote="E.T. EddieTorrez";p="93168"]So what exactly is Gungame?[/quote]

Well, there is Gun Game and Reverse Gun Game. Traditional Gun Game has every player starting with a Glock. When they kill someone with it, next round they get the USP, then the P228, and so on until the AWP, M249, grenade, and finally knife. Reverse Gun Game works the same way, but starts with the M249, and works down to Glock, but still ends with the grenade and knife kills.

There is also Turbo Gun Game, which gives you your next weapon immediately after you kill with your current weapon.

Personally, I prefer non-turbo, reverse Gungame. In normal, if you have a bad start and are still on the pistols, you can be sorely outmatched by those who have made it to higher weapons, and Turbo only aggrivates this. At least with reverse, you have big guns from the start, and it makes for a much evener playing field, and closer endgames.
[/quote]

ooooh, me want , me want

gun game prefereably,

soz on double ost

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun May 11, 2008 9:46 pm

It's also great for learning the game in general, as it forces you to learn proficiency with all the weapons in the game, instead of the same 5 everyone uses.

I know I'm much handier with a grenade after playing so much gungame.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

LJ
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by LJ » Sun May 11, 2008 10:01 pm

I stopped playing on the css server when they put that rpg mod on it. I'd prefer standard map rotation. Keep it simple.

CSS can be a lot of fun when there's admins on and server is full.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sun May 11, 2008 10:02 pm

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="93099"]Insurgency is OK, but is filled with griefing/swearing 11 year old kids whose parents need slapped.[/quote]
That sounds like a better de.scription for CS:S. I don't know where you played, but the players I've seen seem pretty decent for the most part. The problem with Insurgency is that it is unpopular, and has many bugs that are patched too slowly...

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Sun May 11, 2008 11:11 pm

Dust2?!?! C'mon, dust2 is alright, but there is much more.

My absolute favorite is office. It is just too much fun to let go for me.
Aztec is another one of my favorites as well. Ditto with train.

Just remember not to include compound or assault. They are waaay to stacked towards Terrorists.

Gun Game? Why mess with the original. I played lots of the original CS:S, the way it was meant to play. Gun Game just completely ruins it for me. This is deathmatch, and yes, it does suck to die right off the bat, but that is the nature of the game. Oh, and an awesome player with a pistol can take down a mediocre player with an AK or M4. Finally, it is relatively easy to pick up a gun off a fallen comrade or enemy.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun May 11, 2008 11:35 pm

It could be a Dust2 server but an admin or supporter could change it.

We are running BeetlesMod so you should have @votemap or @votemaps

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Sun May 11, 2008 11:54 pm

Loving it so far. Not entirely stinking like DOD or DOD:S...

Mapvoting will keep it interesting for me. Maybe we can throw down gungame or the other groovy things every once in a while when an admin is willing.

Thanks to some of the regular Villuns like Muj0 who helped me with some tips. ANd also to guys like Masakari who are willing to jump into the deep end with me and see if we can swim :P

Rakshasas
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rakshasas » Mon May 12, 2008 12:11 am

[quote="Masakari";p="93098"]My dream Ville server would be getting a Ship server set up. The actual skill, timing, and patience required to do well in it keeps almost all of the riff-raff from even buying it.

Sadly though, I'd be surprised if even 5% of the people on the forum own the game.[/quote]

The Ship is such a great game. I tried it way back during a free weekend and had to have it. It's a shame the game didn't really take, as it's hard to find a good server to join that isn't full of bots. Though I think the game is more populated during euro hours, but even still it would be a big to laggy to play it.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon May 12, 2008 12:17 am

I have it, and played it, and it seems quite deep. I never got too far into it, but I'd be willing to perhaps meet some of you in a server sometime to see how quickly my hunter finds me :)

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Mon May 12, 2008 1:03 am

Thanks for the info, I think I have heard of gun game for regular CS.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]