RPG on CSS

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.
Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

RPG on CSS

Post by Nuckin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:20 am

Hello guys and gals,

I just wanted to throw this out there and see what everyones thoughts are. I have played CSS quite a bit lately and enjoy the game. It gets a bit frustrating with the RPG mode with the high level players at times. I do not have the time to play as many others due to work so I fall behind in level of RPG quickly.. Also I have jumped on early in the morning or late at night and found some players leveling each other up. Basically they just standin spawn and let a friend come kill them to level them up.. This doesn't seem fair to me.. Other than this some players are maxed and can take out a whole team.. This is fun I am sure for them!!! :D For others it is frustraing... I wish TV4 was a regular CSS server at times or there were at least some equality in the game play.. I am not even a level 200 and have been playing off and on for some time.. Although when I usually get on there is one person owning everyone will a score of 45 kills and 0 deaths... Is there anything we can do to save this server? I want to play more CSS but I cant seem to get one kill at TV4 anymore with thehigh levels on..
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: RPG on CSS

Post by l3eeron » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:54 am

I hear ya Nucky
I dont know the solution, but I do know who to blame.... (you)lol/jk

Everytime I go to TV4 ppl like vTEC slaughter every one. I played TV4 for 2 hours the other night and didnt get a single kill. Im like level 5 or something low so I dont stand a chance. I refuse to just give myself levels.

The guys letting each other level up is completely lame! Id warn/kick/ban someone I saw doing that. The whole point is to have a challenging rise to the top.

Personally, Id like a regular CSS server, but then I feel like TV4 would get lost in the sea of CSS servers, with nothing to set us apart from every one else. For that reason I say leave it on. A reg CSS server would be empty 24/7 IMO

There really is no solution to level out the playing field on TV4, thats how the RPG mod is supposed to work.... I guess

Maybe we can do something a little off-the-wall here. Maybe we can set up some kinda of CSSRPG store. Where you can spend forum points on buying credits for CSS RPG. That would entice players to join the forums and participate in the threads at the same time helpin out our villuns who are getting pwnt.

:?: :?: :?:

regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:23 pm

Even though I'm on the other side of the fence (sometimes,) I do find that the RPG mod gets annoying. At first it was great, gives you something to work at instead of the usual run around and get kills deal.

But being a level 1100+ I do find myself just slaughtering the opposing team from time to time. I even try using weapons I'm completely horrible at to give them an advantage.

I think B has a good idea brewing. As long as TV4 has been an RPG server I've noticed that almost NONE of the regulars visit to forum, unless they get banned or something. We could always use more CSS players on the forum.

The Sexy Canadian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Sexy Canadian » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:54 pm

i think we should make a gun game server for css

there fun and make you better with all the weapons
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/HockeyJunkie1390/Untitled-2copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvc07.png[/img]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm

True. Gun game is fun.

The Sexy Canadian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Sexy Canadian » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:59 pm

and its fair

i like it because lots of people play it.

however people like playing the arena maps with gun game.
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/HockeyJunkie1390/Untitled-2copy.jpg[/img]

regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Yeah, arena and orange maps seem to work best with GunGame. Best thing about it is that it reset with each map, and one person has to win with a knife kill for the map to change.

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:46 pm

I like the idea Beeron has about using forum points to buy items!!!

Oh and always blame Nuckin!!! :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:55 pm

For CSS, I'd have to get the source code of the RPG mod and rewrite it to take points from the Ville database. A bit of work, TBH..... :eh:

Actually I am looking at this for the DoD:S RPG mod!
It would read your points from the Ville.Org and add them to your existing points. Quite easy to do.

The sole purpose would encourage people to join the forums and post.

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:15 pm

I was afraid of that Dog. Well you do enough around here and it is very appreciated!!! I guess we shall leave TV4 be :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:58 pm

I am defiantly all in for getting rid of the RPG server. But i'd hate to see it become a stock map "normal" server. There are only about 10-15 regulars that play on the RPG server, and very few of them visit the forums. I know there are regulars that visit the forums frequently and would love to play a game of CS:S that is a little more meaningful, fun, and fair than the RPG mod.

The RPG mod might have been cool and hip once it came out -- because everyone was trying to get more levels faster because everyone just was starting on the low lvl's (more fair), but now to new players the RPG mod is a drag. So what I am saying is the RPG mod is just getting old and repetitive.

I have tried the RPG mod a few times, but it gets very discouraging trying to kill some of the people with crazy advantages because they are very high lvl's. I love playing on The Ville's servers.. I am a frequent CS:S player and it's just a hassle even trying against the people with extreme advantages on TV4.

Something a little more fair and fun would be a REVERSE(Start with the big guns, end with the pistols) Gun Game. I think a reverse gun game is much fair than any other gun game because it gives the people who just joined in to try and catch up with the rifles. I know me and a few other villun's hop from pub gun game to pub, hoping to find a good server. But it is very hard, if possible to find a server as friendly as The Ville.
Maybe we can do something a little off-the-wall here. Maybe we can set up some kinda of CSSRPG store. Where you can spend forum points on buying credits for CSS RPG. That would entice players to join the forums and participate in the threads at the same time helpin out our villuns who are getting pwnt.
This would be a good idea... But it would take alot of work to setup and execute.

Also -- if you get people to join up on the forums for the reason to get CSSRPG store money. There will be alot more post whoring and meaningless one word posts. Not saying I havent done my share -- but there would be ALOT more of it.

So... in my humble opinion, I think you should scrap the RPG server, replace it with a Reverse Gun Game server. Maybe even just to try it, If it doesn't work out, you can change it back, But I am sure you wont have to do that ;)

Phew...

kthxbia
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:11 pm

ya know...

we could just reset everyone's levels every month

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:08 pm

Nah.

I don't think there would be all the RPG regs playing because they build up their points just to get it smashed down next month.

I still strongly think that the RPG mod is old and repetitive. We have to try something new for CSS! Dog is keeping DODS interesting by trying something new!

We have to try something new(Reverse gun game ;) ) on the CSS server.
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

The Sexy Canadian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Sexy Canadian » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:30 am

Maybe keep the RPG server

and add a TV6?

for the reverse gun game

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:33 pm

TV6 is Natural Selection right now.