Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.
Deslock
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Post by Deslock » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 am

Deslock wrote:Well, I am not longer able to play CS:GO. :cry: They updated the beta, and now requires at least Shader Model 3 as a minimum. I'm still running an AMD Sempron 3000+, socket 754, with a Radeon x800 Pro (SM2). It was running the game just fine before this last update. Bummer. :(

Ok, scratch that. I have since updated from the Stone Age to the late Iron Age, so I am once again able to play. Still noticing that many of the servers out there really don't seem to care about the cheating, or don't know that it is happening. In fact, on one of the servers there was a player lamenting that all most of the cheaters were doing were taking known CS:S hacks, and making minor tweaks so they work in CS:GO. VAC is darn near useless.

What I do like is the ability to take over a Bot after you die. No more watching the dumb bots wander aimlessly over the map. YEA!
Dog isn't Evil, he's Canadian. There's a difference. :lol:
CV 6 USS Enterprise 12 May 1938 - 17 February 1947
CVN 65 USS Enterprise 25 November 1961 - 1 December 2012
CVN 80 USS Enterprise 2025

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:05 am

I'm very upset that Valve still hates me and won't give me a beta key. Haven't I spent enough money on TF2 to couple with the thousands of hours I put into CS?
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 am

Plinko wrote:I'm very upset that Valve still hates me and won't give me a beta key. Haven't I spent enough money on TF2 to couple with the thousands of hours I put into CS?
Yarr!! Exactly what I be thinkin.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:25 am

Well, keys are given out on Fridays so maybe you'll get lucky.

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:00 am

Thanky Plinko for the +1 :) Had some good fun last night, more to come!

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:06 pm

I received a beta from mysterious Valve/Steam. Anyway, I have it now also. And have to spend a lot of time making things like they used to be.

Deslock
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Deslock » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Ok, has *anybody* found a server where the cheating/hacking isn't rampant?! It seems like any server I try has at least one person who is either bullet-proof, or could one-shot kill anyone from the far-side of the map with the Glock.
Anyone having better luck?
Dog isn't Evil, he's Canadian. There's a difference. :lol:
CV 6 USS Enterprise 12 May 1938 - 17 February 1947
CVN 65 USS Enterprise 25 November 1961 - 1 December 2012
CVN 80 USS Enterprise 2025

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Deslock wrote:Ok, has *anybody* found a server where the cheating/hacking isn't rampant?! It seems like any server I try has at least one person who is either bullet-proof, or could one-shot kill anyone from the far-side of the map with the Glock.
I have a small 13 hour playtime but I have not come across a single hacker.
I would assume the weekend is the worst time to not find hackers because a bunch of new players just got in.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Is there any way we could set up a Villuns-only match? I've been playing exclusively with bots so far, as I'm still firmly resolved not to play random matches in any online game after my L4D2 experiences. I'd love to have my head asploded repeatedly by go a friendly round or two with a group of Villuns though. :)

I really wish the "Play with friends" button on the menu wasn't blacked out. Guessing it'd be hard to set up a community-only match without setting up a dedicated Ville CS:GO beta server at this point...

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Awaiting mac support so I can actually play it...

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Deslock wrote:Ok, has *anybody* found a server where the cheating/hacking isn't rampant?! It seems like any server I try has at least one person who is either bullet-proof, or could one-shot kill anyone from the far-side of the map with the Glock.
Part of that may be hacking (it is a problem), but part of it may just be Counterstrike being Counterstrike. Unloading an entire magazine in to a person at point blank and watching the bullets visibly hit them is no guarantee that CS will consider it a valid hit, or that it will actually do damage. The bullet spread, damage amounts, and quite a few other things in the game were programmed by drunken monkies who think things like 9mm and .45 caliber bullets don't hurt people, and that trained professionals will routinely miss an unmoving target 5 feet away, while aiming directly at said target's chest.

I haven't had much in the way of trouble on the eGO server, or on another called something like "The Dog House," though neither upholds our community's standards for non-jerk behavior, language, or conduct. At least people do generally play for the objective, and they're set to Classic Casual. If we have our own server(s) in the future, there'll be nowhere else I want to play :-D
-Boss Llama

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm

If I had access to the beta I could set up a server. :wink:

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 am

Stevo wrote:If I had access to the beta I could set up a server. :wink:
Somebody hook this man up!

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 am

Alizée Fan wrote:
Part of that may be hacking (it is a problem), but part of it may just be Counterstrike being Counterstrike. Unloading an entire magazine in to a person at point blank and watching the bullets visibly hit them is no guarantee that CS will consider it a valid hit, or that it will actually do damage. The bullet spread, damage amounts, and quite a few other things in the game were programmed by drunken monkies who think things like 9mm and .45 caliber bullets don't hurt people, and that trained professionals will routinely miss an unmoving target 5 feet away, while aiming directly at said target's chest
Counter-Strike has always been like this. It rewards accuracy, aka, headshots.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:55 am

Bronze Fox wrote:Counter-Strike has always been like this. It rewards accuracy, aka, headshots.
This was mostly true of CS:S and the later iterations of CS (starting around 0.7b I think), I don't see it even slightly in GO, and I say that as a player who would put his over/under on CS hours at 6,000 or so.

The tricks you used to ensure accuracy (hold still, crouch, fire singles or bursts and aim a little low to account for recoil) in CS:S and prior are utterly meaningless so far in GO. I watch people spray and pray while running and/or jumping at full speed with at least as good accuracy as I see anyone who actually holds still to try and shoot. It's a joke and I see why I've read so many complaints from avid CS/:S players.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius