Gungame

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.

Which Gun Game do you prefer?

Normal (pistols to heavy weapons)
37%
Reverse (heavy weapons to pistols)
63%

Total votes: 27

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Gungame

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:20 pm

So we now have a Gun Game server, but I, for one, find the reverse Gun Game much more fun. It's much easier to keep the game exciting and people fighting for the win. You get one good player blasting through the weapons quickly and people get left behind with pistols trying to kill people with assault rifles and shotguns to advance. Reverse is much more balanced and fun.

But, it's not my server and my opinion is but one of many in this community. I'm just curious how others feel about it.

Also, how does everyone feel about Turbo as opposed to non-turbo, and advancing levels with knife kills? I've played a lot of Gun Game so I'm taking special interest in the operation of this server :)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:13 am

I agree reverse is more fun in my opinion, plus stealing levels from other people with knife kills. Don't remember what turbo is, enlighten me.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:42 am

What's turbo again?

Will we lose levels for suicides? (Obviously that can make the HE level tricksy).

I think you need to have people losing kills when knife killed (I'm agnostic on gaining a level for it), because it does flatten out the guy who gets lucky early and runs out ahead.

Man, I can't wait to be able to play again for a little changeup.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:57 am

Turbo is when you automatically gain the new weapon without having to respawn, I think. Then if you died there was no real wait for respawning. If that is the case then I say yes. I always liked that feature. It made for a fast passed and hectic game.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 am

Ew, half the fun of GG for me was getting a kill, then either sneaking around trying to knife someone or crazily looking for someone who'd died and dropped the next weapon I needed!
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 pm

[quote="Plinko";p="146970"]Ew, half the fun of GG for me was getting a kill, then either sneaking around trying to knife someone or crazily looking for someone who'd died and dropped the next weapon I needed![/quote]

I know!

Yes, the turbo I'm referring to is getting your new weapon every round instead of magically materializing in your hands. I agree with Plinko's opinion, but it can also be an effective method of evening the playing field, so the pro player on one team doesnt fly through the first 8 or 9 weapons in one life.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Turbo mode is where you get the new weapon right away, and the most levels you can get in one round is 3. There is no respawning regardless of turbo mode, but I think there's an addon to add that functionality.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:40 pm

[quote="Stevo";p="147019"]Turbo mode is where you get the new weapon right away, and the most levels you can get in one round is 3. There is no respawning regardless of turbo mode, but I think there's an addon to add that functionality.[/quote]

Well...if there is a cap on the levels I guess it's not so bad...normal is still more fun though :P

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:44 pm

reverse is a lot more fun.

Better for newbs like me :)

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 pm

I prefer Stevo's other idea where the rotation is based on the color of the weapon.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:38 pm

[quote="E.T. EddieTorrez";p="147143"]I prefer Stevo's other idea where the rotation is based on the color of the weapon.[/quote]

Definitely.

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Gungame

Post by Pine » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:18 pm

reverse. always better to go from easiest guns to the hardest guns :D

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:56 pm

i like reverse, but it NEEDS to be that you can walk through teamies. its really annoying when you are trying to move, but your team mate in front wont.

P.S. Lol i had fun knifing gator and nacho tonight

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Gungame

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Yeah, big fun tonight.

I'd still love to see Texture City on there though.

And no, I won't stop saying it :lol:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:04 am

I like reverse, as we have it, but prefer turbo mode greatly. If a player is good, their weapon devolves the farther ahead they get. If they're good enough that they're beating people using a pistol, when their foe has a machine gun, more power to them.
-Boss Llama