A forum dedicated to Team Fortress Classic
Raptor
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

TFC Noob-Need Help

Post by Raptor » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:03 pm

Ok guys, last night I added TFC to my games and tried it for a bit and was very confused. I stabbed a guy three times and he did not die. I shot a guy alot and it only does 21 dmg? I need someone to help me learn this game as apparently its extremely different from DoD. Also, I did like the spy a bit so if there are any spy experts out there I would be glad to know how I can become a better spy. Thanks.!!!
Fresh enemy corpses. YUMMY!! :twisted:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dodraptor/evaRaptorcopy-1.jpg[/img]
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but make sure you are far far away from ME!!!

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TFC Noob-Need Help

Post by Hamese » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:14 pm

I would start with the solly (soldier). It is the most versital class and it will helpy ou get use to everything. You practice the rocket jump by looking at the ground, jump, and while in the air right after the jump shoot a rocket. It will help you get height and access places. When you fire at someone, aim to the floor or wall they are running towards. It is easier to hit the ground than to hit someone who is moving. Plus you can pop them in the air and keep them where you want them.

You can also try the engi. Building SG's, proper placement, and maintenace is cool. You will learn to use your shotgun too.

Learn to bind a key to "primeone" and "primetwo", so you can prime the grenades before you throw them. After peimed you will hear three beeps and then it blows.

If you want to learn spy, maybe FragFailure will chime in on this. I always look to see if there are regs playing, so if I see you on, I will try to hop in and play. Learning it now will be good, so you know what does what when TF2 comes out.

LEt me know if there is any other questions we can answer.

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:25 pm

Spy is pretty fun, takes a bit of time to learn where to stab though, and face to face stabs I never seemed to do well at.

Soldier and Medic are good roles and engie like Hamese said. Engie you learn pretty quick where is good places to put your sg to help keep it alive from nades etc etc.

Also learn the weapon a spy runs around with in disquise. Alls spys should die first. lol

Richter
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Richter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Quick Keys to spying:

Pick a class you can mimick with a shotgun out i.e. Engy and Medic.

If you pick a HW or Soldier your speed will give you away when you run unless you use the walk key.

The dart gun will resemble the enemies primary weapon and anyone that has played as an engy knows that rail gun is useless and as a spy you will get chased down if you have it out and someone will put a "check to see if your a spy" shot in your general direction.

I always run with the shotgun out and the knife selected, this way I can come up from behind and with a quick click give you 2 quick stabs in the back. 2 quick ones will usally take down everyone up to a soldier or HW, they usally take about 3.

The key to the spy is the feign and toss pack trick to make opposing peeps think they killed you.

Remember once you shoot you loose your disguise so becareful where you shoot.
[img]http://www.tf2dev.com/tf2_gen.php?id=756[/img]

[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/1923_random.png[/img]

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:09 pm

[quote="Richter";p="4637"]The key to the spy is the feign and toss pack trick to make opposing peeps think they killed you.[/quote]

I love that trick, becuase then I can sit on your feigned body and crowbar you to death, while you can do nothing but sit there and watch :lol:

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:48 pm

Often wondered how much better spies would fare if friendly fire was on...lol so that the "spy check shot" can't happen without wounding team mates!

I could never play spy and am always envious of people who can! Engineer is fun yet often frustrating. HW guy is great for beginning!

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:55 pm

we used to play with mirror damage on so you could check and instead of messing with your teamates you hurt yourself isntead.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

GaNjY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by GaNjY » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:25 pm

:wink: 'i' used to always play as a spy....and one trick 'i' learnt when the other team is aware that your around....change class and then throw a pack then feign beside it....it brings a more legit look of being dead :wink:

-GaNjY

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:29 pm

First thing, DoD is way different than TFC. It's not like DoD where everyone can pretty much play every class. You either know the class or you don't. Pretty much nobody dies in TFC in 1 hit. With one exception, the spy will kill even a fully armored HW if you get a knife directly to the back of the head. Hamese was right, the soldier is the perfect for rookie TFCer. That's where I started =) The rocket jump will give an advantage, plus he's got more health/armor but still isnt too slow. You'll get the hang of the rocket itself real quick. Ill post more when I have more time

Raptor
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Raptor » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:59 pm

Thanks for all the tips guys! :D
Fresh enemy corpses. YUMMY!! :twisted:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dodraptor/evaRaptorcopy-1.jpg[/img]
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but make sure you are far far away from ME!!!

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:58 pm

I always dispised Mirror damage. Id rather do FF but would need admins to police it. I love FF servers but ya gotta have good players and good admins on it.

AGibbon
Villun
Villun

Post by AGibbon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:51 pm

[quote="Blown65";p="4793"]I always dispised Mirror damage. [/quote]

That's because you always spammed yourself to death Beetle. :)

Oh, and so did I.

heh

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:09 pm

Gibbon you spamhor. I remember gaining flight with a little help from gibbon spam.

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:55 pm

Taht and stupid bots walking in front of the SG sucks.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:56 am

OH! One of the most important things is using nades!!! you gotta hold hold the key down (default is f and g) to prime it. Then, right before the last beep (timing is key here) you release the key(and the nade). Takes alot of practice to be good with nades and still be able to manuver and shoot while the nade is counting down. Better watch out for my EMP =)