[WIP]avantiville

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
Atreus
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Atreus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:05 am

Any progress at all on this |3eeron? I've IMed you some on steam, but the messages seem to have no reply. Over the past few months, there have been many times you've mentioned that you'd have it ready by monday. A few times you said you'd at least have a "preview release" ready for us to try the next day.

When we talked at one point, you even mentioned that it was entirely ready except for a bit of the styling -- and if that's the case I'd LOVE to have it. It could even the ctf_avantiville_b5RC (release candidate) or whatever.

My server is very, very eager for the next version of the map and the videos I've seen along with the screencaps make it seem vastly superior to the current version.

I'd really love to take it for a run.

If you don't want to finish it, you could even pass off the source to someone else to finish. I know some good mappers who would jump at the chance to finish this up.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:12 am

:D

I'm workin on it....

I've had some major set backs over the last two weeks. But, I have over come them and have started to move forward. As a matter of fact, I worked on it yesterday for a good part of the day. I'm about 9/10 done with the world geometry, along with detailing too!. Once I get the rest of the level built, I can slap the entities together and have something testable.

I feel what you're saying Atreus, I'm dieing to get this done. But, I refuse to rush and put out something less than desirable like the last ones.

I garauntee it'll be worth the wait. While it may not be up to par with valve's maps, I think it will be enjoyable to look at as well as play good. When I have private testing, I will let you know.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:41 am

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Atreus
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Atreus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:44 am

Whoa, fast response! I came by to link my friend to the thread and you'd already responded. Great to hear you're not dead Image After having no response from you for so long I was sure you were no longer with us Image

I entirely understand your refusal to rush it. I had simply been under the impression it was closer to being done than it was -- I apologize for seeming pushy if I came across as such. I will look forward to the testing Image

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:06 am

[quote="Atreus";p="126394"]Whoa, fast response![/quote]

Mapping comes after the community.

[quote="Atreus";p="126394"]I had simply been under the impression it was closer to being done than it was
[/quote]

Yaaaaaa, welllllll

It was, but I had to redo the whole cp4 "church" area due to some major flaws in the way the vis leaves were turning out. Poor planning on my part.

Anyway, I would be happy to compile what I have now so you can have a sneak peak....

Atreus
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Atreus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:26 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="126396"]Anyway, I would be happy to compile what I have now so you can have a sneak peak....[/quote]You have no idea how happy that would make me :lol:

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="126387"]
When I have private testing, I will let you know.[/quote]
i want in :cry:

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:26 am

[quote="iOwn-";p="126529"]
[quote="l3eeron";p="126387"]
When I have private testing, I will let you know.[/quote]
i want in :cry:
[/quote]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:08 am

IMHO, this one is much, much, much better than Avanti_b1 or any other version out there
:D

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:22 pm

So when do we get a "preview" for the ville crew ???
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]

Atreus
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Atreus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Seeing how far it's come was amazing today. I can't wait to see where it goes. Thanks so much, |3eeron :)

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 am

It's running on my test server if anyone wants to see where Im at

68.7.224.146:27015

Fast DL is set up

It's still a Major Work In Progress....

There aren't any red spawns, so pick blu. Also, if you're alone on the map, don't suicide or die, it will kill the server. There aren't any spec camers yet. If there's other people on, it will spec the other players and not die. :)

(Side note: CP4 "church" area is wayyy too big)

....any comments or feed back will be probably a waste of time, still changing lots of things. So, please refrain, thanx.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:50 am

yeah B, i'm kinda suprised you released it so unfinished.. but i guess if people keep demanding they need to see something. overall i'm liking the feel of it, nitpicky stuff and technical stuff is a lot and you know that so i won't mention it. ( aside from the lasck of the point advancing when capped)
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:24 am

I wouldn't exactly say it's a release, just a peak.

I have been getting a million IM's on steam from all kinds of different people wanting to see "How it's coming". Just trying to calm the masses :lol:

I can think of 50 different things off the top of my head that need fixed. By no means is this supposed to be playable. Like you said, CP1 is the only point that is set up, and Blu's first spawn is the only one that is set up. I really really want to have a playable map sometime in the next week... it's close... yet, so far!

It'll be up n running all day today 10/16 (Unless it dies)

If you do check it out, explore the new paths! You'll notice I have made everything roomier. Pyros will have their chance to shine, but wont dominate like in avanti_b1. There will be a need to add cover from snipers eventually, after we playtest it and figure out a happy balance.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:10 am

like i said i do enjoy how its looking as far as layout. the larger rooms have more of that tf2 design and the church/barn is rather large, but te inside is a good area. its jsut kind of intimidating from the outside.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica