Old Map, New Paint

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Old Map, New Paint

Post by Flash » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Hey Mad-Hammer,

I know you're pretty much done with this map but NerevarineKing found a bug on the two garage doors at center point.
NerevarineKing wrote:I found a map bug though. You can stand in the doors of some of the other team's spawn when they are open, and then when they shut, they will be lodged halfway down.

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 pm

I didn't think anyone played it here anymore. Why didn't you all tell me........ Oh yeah, I guess that's what you're doing.

What kind of bug did you all find?
Image[/center]

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Warhammer was just the centerpiece of the TF2 event in the Villympics! :shock:
NerevarineKing wrote:You can stand in the doors of some of the other team's spawn when they are open, and then when they shut, they will be lodged halfway down.

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Flash wrote:Warhammer was just the centerpiece of the TF2 event in the Villympics! :shock:
NerevarineKing wrote:You can stand in the doors of some of the other team's spawn when they are open, and then when they shut, they will be lodged halfway down.
MOAR WARHAMMER!

It was the centerpiece. One nice thing about that is that we had two 14 player teams on it, with 3 admins speccing, so 31 players on the map on the event server. One bad thing about that is that it made the event server crash twice. I'm not sure if that was due to the event server with the high number of players or if it was something about map optimization with that high number of players. We eventually went down to two ten man teams, and one admin speccing, so 21 players were able to play on it fine.

What's sad is that I think its a great map, but it will be really hard to get it going unless we get some of the TV8 regs on it who don't check the forums. I'm debating trying to do another night of it, but with a focus on pulling on the TV8 crowd somehow. At the same time TV8 has been much quieter then it has in the past, so we just might not have the warpath community to sustain it at this point.

Anyway, thank you again for all your work you put into this map, Mad-Hammer. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:47 am

MateoTheBold! wrote:
Flash wrote:Warhammer was just the centerpiece of the TF2 event in the Villympics! :shock:
MOAR WARHAMMER!

It was the centerpiece. One nice thing about that is that we had two 14 player teams on it, with 3 admins speccing, so 31 players on the map on the event server. One bad thing about that is that it made the event server crash twice. I'm not sure if that was due to the event server with the high number of players or if it was something about map optimization with that high number of players. We eventually went down to two ten man teams, and one admin speccing, so 21 players were able to play on it fine.

What's sad is that I think its a great map, but it will be really hard to get it going unless we get some of the TV8 regs on it who don't check the forums. I'm debating trying to do another night of it, but with a focus on pulling on the TV8 crowd somehow. At the same time TV8 has been much quieter then it has in the past, so we just might not have the warpath community to sustain it at this point.

Anyway, thank you again for all your work you put into this map, Mad-Hammer. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it.
This is what happens when you just lightly check the forums day to day. If I had been following the Villelympics more closely, I would have known this..............

Anyway, that bug in the doors is what I call the "Dustbowl" glitch. Valve pre-made some doors to use in maps. The very same doors you find in Dustbowl along with the glitch. As time has crawled along and I got better at mapping, I started making my own doors. Plus, the map testers would report glitches in the doors and I figured out how to fix them to suit the community.

So, after these many months, you all found another glitch. It won't take long to fix. I could have it ready for upload in a day or two. Most time consuming thing about the whole project would be migrating all my old Hammer assets back to the new hard drive. The old hard drive gave up it's ghost and took a lot of my materials with it.

Before I jump back into editing........is there anything else you all want changed, modified. Speak now before I PakRat.
Image[/center]

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:13 am

Just to update, doors are fixed :D

If I don't hear from anyone else over the weekend, I'm going to recompile.
Image[/center]

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks again for your work on the map. I'm not the diehard tv8 type, and probably as a result I prefer you version. I do hope that it can somehow find its way into more use here (on the custom map rotation, or at least on custom map night?)
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96