map ideas??

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
unknown
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

map ideas??

Post by unknown » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:25 am

anyone have map ideas? ill try to make them

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: map ideas??

Post by Pine » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:55 am

Make this.
VIEW CONTENT:

unknown
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by unknown » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:41 pm

ok im starting to make it ill name it CP_iOwn

tsmitho
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by tsmitho » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:57 pm

that diagram doesnt really leave much to the imagination. pretty much layed the whole map out there

| AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition | ATI 5830 | 4GB Corsair Dominator PC6400 | ASUS Board | Liquid Cooled |

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Haha.
I also noticed, after the 3 minutes it took to draw it, It is a lot like toy fort!

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:22 am

I've often had the idea of making sort of an oil rig map, while the original plans called for KotH, i've tried to find a way to turn it into a desertfortress style CP map (where both center points must be controlled before the final point is open). I had one plan which would create an underwater tunnel network beneath the main rig but scrapped it when it became too compacted and boring. Since then, the idea's been on the backburner since I can't figure out how to make it better.

I've had a second oil rig idea, rather than being a single platform, my other plan was to make a very vertical 3-stage attack/defend CP, modeled after a real life oil rig like you find in the gulf (none of these ideas have anything to do with the spill by the way). There were several issues there that didn't come to life. But the idea was to pull up at the bottom on a ship (CP_corperation style) and scale the bottom of the platform to get to part 2. Then, you'd go through the main engine rooms and whatever indoor areas are on an oil platform. The final stage would be the top deck, with the final cap being a missile mounted on the top of the platform.

Another idea I had was to make sort of a water-treatment facility to be used as a CTF map, with a base on both sides of this large rectangular and open area with giant turbines and such. I've stopped working on that one too, couldn't figure out where I was going with it.

Generally, when I make maps in SDK, I usually make KotH or Arena maps, since i'm a big fan of small, simple maps, so my ideas usually don't work for theville's inerests, but feel free to go on those if you want.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

unknown
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by unknown » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm

oh i completely forgot about this maybe ill start it up agian in a while, i can only handle sdk for like 2 days then i need to take like a week break from it