CTF Camping Trip [Final]

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:38 am

shhhhhhhh Gaurdian!!!

yeah, actually chilling on the fence as a sniper is REALLY cheap

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="180101"]No no no not those barrels:

These ones.

You can use a teleporter entrance and those 2 barrels to jump over the fence as any class.[/quote]

Oh, I see now! And thank you for reminding me Cpt. Winky, that was a problem I was going to fix but kept forgetting about it.

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: CTF Camping Trip [BETA7v3]

Post by Ian_Suffix » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:35 am

Well, I managed to get all these problems fixed (and a couple more) before Tuesday afternoon!

(download)

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Alright Ian, I think the thing we need to concentrate on is side routes. In a 9v9 setting this seems to play well but the pub setting could use some work.

The gameplay so far is solid, however it's extremely linear and ambush classes (mainy spy and pyro) have little alternate routes.

-Opening up the side cannel pipe thingy would open up a good side route for them without splitting up members of the pack.

-There needs to be some sort of alternate route into the intel room. Maybe another vent or something? You could make it so you drop down making it 1-way.

-The upstairs area is quite a handy point to move out of, however it's extremely easy to miss it. There needs to be some sort of sign that points you towards upstairs labeled "battlements" which points you to turn around and go upstairs right next to the spawn door.
Last edited by Guardian on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:18 am

I agree the map is way too linear now. Scouts, spies and pyros need a way around because now snipers have a huge long field to look down with almost no chance of being snuck up on, plus it's just a killing field from the house sides to the bridge - making people defend both sides more honestly would open that up a bit.

Either opening the pipes or turning the spawn entrance to the house front instead of the side (back would be the part facing the bridge) and giving classes a way to climb over the fence to the spawn side would be a start. As a matter of fact, I'd consider both.

One time when I exited the vents by the sewers, I got launched all the way to the fence - not sure why that was (I may have jumped at just the right time - I didn't take damage so it wasn't stickies or rockets). The other time I popped out normally.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Are you ready? For BETA EIGHT?!

While trapped at home, I discovered that my family's computer had recently been replaced with something decent. While under the premise that my brother was using my profile (which he often was), I secretly devised a NEW ONE-WAY ROUTE to alleviate the pain of having a more linear map. Note that this was after I recieved the order to modify the Meleecenter...

The new route is actually slower than taking the stairs. It may be safer, I'm not sure. But one thing is for sure: it looks really, really cool. In addition to the new route, I've made several visual/clipping adjustments to improve the map. Minor problems that need to be fixed: improve vent looks, RED bg elevator light, stair pipes, decrease mesh HP again, not enough ripples, fence poles not reaching ground, stair-clipping in new route
Last edited by Ian_Suffix on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Awesome.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Erm... Seeing it? I did upload it, if that's what you mean.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:14 pm

I was at work >.>

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Ah, haha. Back when I had a job at Student Computing Services, I could go as far as test out a map after compiling! I'm really curious to hear what people think about the new route, though...!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:51 am

It's looks pretty cool actually if there's one complait I would make is that the entrance to the base is too loud.

Spies will not be happy.

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:08 am

Heh, it's intentionally loud. That's what you get for using a one-way automatic entrance to the intel room. However, I have yet to figure out just how loud it is. If it carries out to people above ground, then it's too loud.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:00 pm

HUZZAH

Just got word from Silver, b8 is added to TV2. Finally we can play camping trip all the time.

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:21 pm

YES

WAIT

That probably doesn't mean it's in the rotation, does it? I would hate to sit around on TV2 for ages just to realize it needs to be voted in.

SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: CTF Camping Trip [BETA8!]

Post by SilverOne » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Its not in the rotation. Yet. :)
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.