Old Map, New Paint

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Old Map, New Paint

Post by Masakari » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Mad-Hammer wrote:I'm using an "ambient_generic" with a limit of 750 units. The version Sacrifist sent to me didn't have that trigger in there and darn I wish he had. Flags for the ambient generic are set at "start silent" and "not looped".
Let me either take a look at and/or send you a copy of warpath3 I have around here. It should have those built in, and you (And I) can see how they're implemented in the stock map.
I am the 1%!

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Mad-hammer: do you have a link of the latest version of the map with the new changes in it?

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm

MateoTheBold! wrote:Mad-hammer: do you have a link of the latest version of the map with the new changes in it?
Sorry about that, I uploaded a new version last night but held off on saying anything til I put the whole security alert thing to rest. With that, I think I can finally say I've done that.

"trigger_multiple" the output should have been "OnTrigger" not "OnTouchAll"

set it with a 60 second delay before reset

I compiled and tested only on blu. Since it works, I have switched red as well but need to do a full compile. I'll post around 8 PM eastern with a new link to the map. Wish me luck with the pak.

Image[/center]

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Okay, here's the link to the latest, hopefully bug free version of warhammer.

http://pages.suddenlink.net/kamikazeyz/cp_warhammer.rar
Image[/center]

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Okay, so it's been awhile, so I thought I might just post an update on this thing. After reading various post across varying threads, I was a bit perplexed as to what to do with the map, if anything further.

Some post stated that the changes that I had made were too radical and thus couldn't be considered in the same league as "Warpath". I'll accept that as the changes I made were tuned to the likes and dislikes of another group. Falls under the "can't please everyone" blanket.

Yet another post stated that it was nothing more than a re-skinned "Warpath". That one kind of hurt my tiny feelings as I thought,"I put in a little more effort other than just slapping on new textures." So, it got me to thinking, one says this and others say that. I know what warhammer is gonna be, my vision of what warpath could be, love it or hate it.

So, for the past couple weeks, I made up a few custom graphics, added some tunnels and dug some caves. The tunnels grant the defenders extra means of escape at first spawn. The gates are unsealed after the enemy captures the second cap point. Upon a successful capture by the defenders, those gates seal back up.

The caves operate the same way, upon capture of the second point by the enemy, the gates to the caves open up giving the attackers another means to the enemy base or allow the defenders another route to recapture the second point.

I don't know what you all are gonna think of it. What is amazing to me is the ability of the bots to adapt. I've seen snipers hide in the tall grass and spies move through the caves when the gates are open. Which leads to my next project which is teaching myself how to edit the bot navigation for the map.

So, if you still have an interest, delete the previous version of cp_warhammer in your tf2/maps folder and replace it with,

http://pages.suddenlink.net/kamikazeyz/ ... mer_b1.rar

If no major bugs like "missing textures" are not found, we hope to get this on a server in the future.
Image[/center]

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:18 am

I know your not gonna want to hear this, but I did find that I can rocket/stickie jump up onto 90% of all the square yellow lights you installed.
Notably the only real issue would be at 1/5. Where you can jump up in the corner, by the spawn exit and see into the arch and launch rockets.

Now the good stuff. I absolutly love the new gated tunnel idea. And a nice touch on making the gate at the 1/5 point an exit only with a delay. And it will not change the game to a degree of not playable. As you can see in and have time to prepare your defense.
And I still love your do over of the whole map. Keep it up.

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:26 am

<eVa>mlite wrote:I know your not gonna want to hear this, but I did find that I can rocket/stickie jump up onto 90% of all the square yellow lights you installed.
Notably the only real issue would be at 1/5. Where you can jump up in the corner, by the spawn exit and see into the arch and launch rockets.
NNNNOOOOOOOO, they're not solid!!!!! I put clips on those!!!!!!!! What Happened!?!?!?!?!? Stevo's gonna kill me!!!!!!!!

Seriously though..........I reopened the map, looked, the lights aren't solid, they have clips but, a sliver of wall that the light is attached to, has about 6 units of lip. A player like you said could get up there and look down on people coming out of spawn but he couldn't shoot them. The skybox would block the shot.

Okay, I'll recompile with the extended clips and post a new link later. I'll let Stevo know that version b1 has some clip issues and we'll have to upload version b2 to the servers. Thanks for finding this mlite.
:D
Image[/center]

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:55 am

Mad-Hammer wrote:
<eVa>mlite wrote:I know your not gonna want to hear this, but I did find that I can rocket/stickie jump up onto 90% of all the square yellow lights you installed.
NNNNOOOOOOOO, they're not solid!!!!! I put clips on those!!!!!!!! What Happened!?!?!?!?!? Stevo's gonna kill me!!!!!!!!

Seriously though..........I reopened the map, looked, the lights aren't solid, they have clips but, a sliver of wall that the light is attached to, has about 6 units of lip. A player like you said could get up there and look down on people coming out of spawn but he couldn't shoot them. The skybox would block the shot.

Okay, I'll recompile with the extended clips and post a new link later. I'll let Stevo know that version b1 has some clip issues and we'll have to upload version b2 to the servers. Thanks for finding this mlite.
:D
I should have clarified a little better. You can launch rockets down towards the second spawn. Not into the 1/5 area spawn. Sorry about that.

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 am

Went back and checked and you are right, those construction lights were solid. But, I took care of that. Since I have to edit the clips again anyways, I think I'm going to add some additional clips to some of the angled openings to prevent the players from hanging on the doors.
Image[/center]

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Wow, this is really shaping up. It looked great before, but the lighting changes and the new tunnels you added really add to the map.

Seriously, this is good work.

Some things I noticed:

Background clipping issues:

The object to the right of the antennae disappears when you stand next to it. (This occurs at point 1/5)
VIEW CONTENT:
The grey rock underneath the rocket moves around depending on your view (it is the one underneath the red rock and above the grey wall with the shadow). Maybe it is causing the shadow?:
VIEW CONTENT:
Gate issues:

SGs can be built in the gate, existing on both sides.
VIEW CONTENT:
The gate can act wonky and not open. This occurred after I opened the gate, stood in the middle of it and let it close halfway down on me.
VIEW CONTENT:
Major Crippling Issues that need to be resolved. These are deal breakers :(

This poster on the right reads "TVR", which is obviously a typo. It should read "TVB".
VIEW CONTENT:
This poster is unacceptable. Please replace it with a USD Coyote.
VIEW CONTENT:

So what is the next step in testing....do we try to organize a full match on the event server? I would be curious to get TV8's players' (Villuns and server regulars) feedback on the map....do we try that at some point?

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Version cp_warhammer_b2 is now available........

http://pages.suddenlink.net/kamikazeyz/ ... mer_b2.rar

Bug Fixes:

All yellow construction lights are now "Not Solid". Clips were also used to hopefully guarantee players can't use those as a perch.

Now, we move on to Mateo.......

Pics 1 thru 4-Skybox issues, I think.....I finally fixed all the skybox issues. I did a quick run around to see if anything was moving in the skybox.

The Gates are now flagged as force close. Now a player can still stand in the gate and keep it open but building there will result in the destruction of the device. I also added no builds outside of the gates to prevent building.

Next, as I have a previous affiliation with TVR, I always like to give them a spot somewhere on the wall. As I have no affiliations to TVB, USV, or eVa, I can't display some sort of graphical representations of those guilds. If, their prospective memberships feel a need for equal treatment, please send me a graphic to convert and hang on the wall.

Last.........why do you choose to pick on Marshall's poor mascot, Marco. Has he offended you? As I have donated a huge portion of my finances to that university in my and my children's education, I feel that I should be allowed to have a little school spirit and proudly display the Marshall logo on a hidden office wall.

Besides, i gave USD a spot on the wall. You just didn't notice it because you were so intent upon harassing poor Marco.

Image[/center]

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 pm

I was just tweaking your nose on the whole TVR thing. But I think now with the coyote, the map is now complete. It has that touch of class it was lacking before! :lol:

I'm looking forward to the next step(s) in getting this out there for actual games. I'd be happy to help in rounding up warpath villuns/regulars for a game or anything else that needs to be done for this map.

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:17 pm

I got stuck :(

Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Any updates for us?