Fortress Forever

Chat about older games that we no longer host servers for at TheVille.
NoPeace4u-DBD
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Fortress Forever

Post by NoPeace4u-DBD » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:20 pm

I read in a mag that it should be out soon, hopefully it takes off well & get TFC back in the game, I really cant get into these other games & no one seems too play tfc anymore.
Death Before Dishonor

Mike
Villun
Villun

Re: Fortress Forever

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:09 pm

I've been following it closely and they've still got quite a bit left to go. I think i remember hearing christmas is the earliest possible date.

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:21 pm

its going to be tuff IMO with TF2 and FF. I personally think whichever one comes out first will probably be a sucess. I know they arent the same but they are also similar.

Looking forward to either of them myself.

Mike
Villun
Villun

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:01 pm

I think TF2 will have the most players no matter what. The question I have is if FF will have a decent sized community that will stick with it for a while.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:20 pm

are there any system requirements posted for either Tf2 or FF? because i'd say which ever one is lower req'd is the one i'd play more.. at least to start out with
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:51 pm

Don't know about any req's for TF2 yet. I read some where that they're re-writing the whole internal engine to encompass something special the original HL2 engine couldn't perform. There by inducing the long delays. They feel like TFC has enough foundation to just sit on it until it's PERFECT. They wont even issue any screenies because they will be shots of the "old technology" I wouldn't listen to any dates they come out with. Xmas! Ya Right!!!
Last edited by l3eeron on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
Villun
Villun

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:51 pm

[quote="Replica";p="2277"]are there any system requirements posted for either Tf2 or FF? because i'd say which ever one is lower req'd is the one i'd play more.. at least to start out with[/quote]

FF system requirements are the same as HL2 and CS:S. TF2's are definately going to be higher, maybe not the bare minimum (knowing the compatability of source) but reccomended or all of the features intended enabled they'll be higher.

and beeron, they're not rewriting the engine, just adding features to it, like every new source game release. The current date for the EP2 pack is febuary 07.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:01 pm

Ya TF2 will be pretty demanding. I think they might be making a mistake by making it so hard on your PC. One of the best things about TFC is the low req's+great game replayability. You definitly can't count on people who play TFC being able to run TF2 with out upgrading. At least for DoD:S you could run it on low graphics and still enjoy it. I get the impression TF2 will be beyond that. A P3 1.4ghz 512 RAM and 128 vid card wont run it good enough to get the real time ejoyment out of it.

The Tiju
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Tiju » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:31 pm

what's the diff between FF and TFC2?...

yes i am an idiot when it comes to these things
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/C4NT_TheTiju_sig.jpg[/img]

Never Fear, The Tiju is Here

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:11 pm

Fortress Forever is an indapendant MOD designed for HL2 engine. The maps, characters, weapons, playability etc are all supposed to be like the original HL1 TFC game.
http://www.fortress-forever.com/

TF2 is the official Valve mod game built for the new HL2 engine. The maps are different (some similar maprs like 2fort, but different too), the characters are much different (same classes, but more cartoon look). The weapons are the same, but look different and etc.

Couldn't find the site.. but here is a cool trailer. http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php ... &AppId=931&