after steam group fix money was lost/reset ...

A forum dedicated to the Left4DoD Day of Defeat: Source Mod
Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

after steam group fix money was lost/reset ...

Post by pravda » Tue May 17, 2016 1:49 am

Hi Dog, Admins and Left4Dod'rs alike,

Just finished a session and noticed that most of the steam group powerups are working again - thanks for fixing them.

But the shield is still only lasting 5 - 6 seconds (way short) and not the normal 11 -12 seconds it used to?

And sadly the $265,000 I had was lost/reset along with the settings like weapons, grenade type (US/German) and overlay setting (on/off).

The weapons, grenade type and overlay can be easily changed by me but losing the money again is a big shock.

Did it happen to everyone or just randomly? Or was it a server crash?

After all the times the money has been reset and starting over again over the years, it was nice to finally have a decent amount to help try and counter the ever increasing difficulty of the mod (and to be able to give money away especially to newer players to help them out and try and encourage them to hang around) - is it possible to get back the lost money - please? - pretty please?

ps. unrelated - but are there any plans for any of other new maps that Dog has waypointed to be added to the roster? Colmar was cool and I can't remember the other map names but they were fun to play when somebody was able to do a votemap to change to them.

Cheers - pravda

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: after steam group fix money was lost/reset ...

Post by Dog » Tue May 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Changed your money Pravda. That was $3m or thereabouts, wasn't it?

In the summer I'll see if I can waypoint some new maps.
wetseal gave us a whole bunch of new ones but I just haven't had the time!

pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by pravda » Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 am

Hi Dog,

Thanks for fixing the money ... any chance of a new car as well? My current automobile is giving me a bit of trouble ...

I wonder how wettseal waypointed the maps? I waypointed original dod maps ages ago and even created a few simple maps but haven't done much under the source engine sdk/hammer editor and haven't bothered to since discovering your blog/left4dod mod back in 2011/2012 ...

So thanks wettseal for the new waypointed maps but at the moment I only get a chance to play if someone else is playing who has the ability to change maps ... which doesn't seem very often!

Is there any chance wettseal's waypointed maps can be added to the roster or are you just wanting to keep it to the current stuff for now?

- 'pushy' pravda

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu May 19, 2016 8:14 am

To be clear, I'm the only one waypointing right now. wetseal came up with a long list of maps he'd like waypointed!
So either I teach someone the intricacies of waypointing (frustrating at best - Zombies get stuck for no reason at all!) or I do it myself!