Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

TV9 Has Moved! NEW IP: 74.208.45.119

Post by Stevo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:25 pm

TV9 has been moved into its new home at 74.208.45.119 .

You should also be able to access it at tv9.theville.org .

pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: TV9 Has Moved! NEW IP: 74.208.45.119

Post by pravda » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:58 am

Hey Stevo,

I was wondering why my ping had shot up 50ms in the last few days to nearly 200 ms ... there is a very noticeable delay (lag) during the game now.

I was trying different things to see if I could fix it and then saw your post.

Is it permanent or any chance of it going back to the West Coast?

Much better ping from New Zealand to the West Coast ...

or even better - hosting it in New Zealand?

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:40 pm

It is now located in Kansas, which is a good central location for the majority of our players. Unfortunately this means a higher ping for some people, especially across the Pacific, but this is the new permanent location.

pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by pravda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:14 am

Disappointing that finally after four years I managed to get my ping/latency down from the original 190ms average ping/latency back in 2012 to 130 - 135ms in 2015 by moving from ADSL to ADSL2+ and then finally to fibre 6 months ago.

With you guys now moving the server so far from its original location (from one coast to the other) it now means a permanent 50 - 60 ms lag increase to around 190ms - wow! Not so good for us New Zealand, Australian and other Asia-Pacific players.

The mod now requires even more accuracy and quicker reaction time so the 50 - 60 ms lag increase to 190ms has a very obvious and noticeable negative affect on gameplay and is obviously very frustrating ... anyone got any ideas on how to get it back down at all?

Do VPN's work? I have no experience with them or even if they would lower latency from the New Zealand/Asia-Pacific area?

- SOS from pravda - a jittery and lagged out little player from NZ ...

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Ah... I wish there was a solution.
The new server is faster and more reliable (the other one became a bit crashy over time) but is located further inland (approx 2500km east).
We tried an Oceanic server before for our Australian and NZ players but it never filled.
I don't have an answer, prav.
:(

pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by pravda » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:44 am

Hey Dog,

Definitely feeling the extra lag affect (ela) on being able to deploy a shield (das) in time (dasit).

What I see on screen has already happened just that much more earlier so it tragically translates (tt) into more deaths by zombie (dbz).

A few years ago the extra lag wouldn't have mattered so much, but you've since made the pace of the game so much more intense and over the top (ott) - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27012.

With the introduction of forced infections-deaths (fid's) from invisible one and especially gas man, instant deaths-one hit kills (id-ohk's), grey dude repeatedly spawning emo, zombies incl. specials like hell spawn/grey dude regularly not dropping health packs/kits or ink, zombies picking up dropped stuff so fast before we even get a chance to, anarchist rapidly firing off exploding skulls with now almost pinpoint accuracy and minimal/restricted health pack/kit drops from zombies in general to cure ourselves or someone else, being over the magic 150ms (closer to 200ms now), on top of all that, is not particularly helpful for one's health/survival ...

I noticed Crixsis (NZ) today had a slightly lower ping than mine so he might be on a different ISP so will check out other ISP's to see if I can bring it back down even just a little, in my seemingly never ending quest for lower latency and the legendary -6ms ping.