Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
MMZ>Ion
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Changes

Post by MMZ>Ion » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Left4Dod seems now to be on a much harder level and truly weirder or glitchy. Zombies appear out of nowhere in a sparkle in front of you with no grey dude around, then sometimes just disappear in front of you just as you shoot. Now, often, out of nowhere with no grey dude around, you die, THEN the zombie appears behind you--I and others see this a lot now happening to someone in view, maybe it is something to do with latency and the speed of the computer, don't know, just weird and frustrating. I guess I'm saying I just want a chance to survive with skill instead of random 100 health hits.

One of the good changes I've seen is the blocking that the zombies now do when they are taking a point. Cool programming and it offers a chance to the player to block their taking the point if you are fast and accurate enough.

Anyway thanks go out to Dog and whoever else has helped for the years of time and effort put into this fantastic mod.

Rred
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Changes

Post by Rred » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:41 pm

At one point The Ville used to have two left4dod severs Co-op and vs mode and they were quite different. Well co-op was merged to the only vs mode that now exists. That merger was a large change for the vs mode you were accustomed to as it made it dramatically more difficult as Co-op mode was designed for no human zombies so it is just fighting bots. It seems this change is the final version.

That explains why just playing against the bots is now really hard and having a human zombie can easily stall a game and run out of tickets. Also the reason why more than two human zombies does not happen as they get auto balanced to one zombie eventually. Worst case is the ridiculously difficult dod_kalt map where eventually the wins are 0-2 and that causes auto balance to no human zombies and still the game ends with no wins.

Three player games now trigger zombies to capture flags so two flag games eventually happen with a few wins so you have two capping and one to defend four flags! Also five players triggers three man flags but if one player leaves the game will will be four man but still be three man flags so again that is three players to cap one to defend four flags!
Difficulty to win starts to drop off as the server gains more than four players so in my opinion it is rather oddly backward as before it used to start with less zombies and until four players joined they did not cap so it progressed from easy to hard. It makes it rather hard to start a game as players do not stick around on high difficulty low player count games.
Another issue is the health you gain when you cap a flag does not count if your infected. You will see health go up then moments later you will see your health drop due to infection but you will see that it dropped your health based on your health before gaining health on a cap.

That is the core issue I have with the changes but my list of minor issues is even longer as I know every detail pretty much all the bugs the game has but its the final version so now I just have to accept changes and share them.

When the grey dude spawns zombies no matter where ever the zombies are they will vanish and appear where he spawns them. So what MMZ>Ion experienced is normal.
When grey dude spawns them stuck clipping the wall the spawn will undue. So if you see a zombie disappear in front of you then wait a sec because it might come back as you walk forward resulting in a whack in the back. If you see one disappear then wait a sec before walking forward.

But a spawn bug IS on dod_argentan where zombies will spawn on flag 5 randomly! I can defiantly confirm that because non grey dude zombies are being spawned. Normally only on 3 man games were heavy amount of zombie slaying is happening.

MMZ>Ion
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Changes

Post by MMZ>Ion » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks for the clear explanation, Rojo. I guess it is as it is--final version, ugh hellspawn blindness hehheh. I'll stop whining now.