Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Suggestion/fix for when server resets players money to 0

Post by pravda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 am

Hi,

Is it possible for the server to default to say $1000 (or more?) rather than resetting their money to $0 each time for any player who happens to log in while the server is 'out of sync'? There must be default values set somewhere in a database/file?

Thanks

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Suggestion/fix for when server resets players money to 0

Post by Rico[CotC] » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 pm

In the past two weeks, I have spent $400 and given away $10000.

I make it faster than I can spend it or give it away - even when I lose it, I'm back to $20k before I even notice. What do you spend it on?

pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Suggestion/fix for when server resets players money to 0

Post by pravda » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 am

hey,

thanks for the reply ...

I always like having some money available for shields. The zombies are a lot faster and trickier than they used to be and it's harder for example to take out emo before he explodes so a shield is handy. Even more so with human zombie emo's and ung's and now that emo spawns with grey dude.

It's also helpful to have shields to protect other players who are being swamped or when the allies are desperately trying to win/save a round against human zombie(s) and tickets are running out.

My latency/ping from NZ is 160 - 180 on average (it was even 220 - 280 last year for awhile - isp used slow route) and you can definitely notice/feel the delay especially as the zombies get faster and harder to kill/headshot ... maybe when they get fibre up and running in my area it may lower the latency - hopefully?

cheers