<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Testers needed

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

v.o.c wrote: The way i see it now is been the MG is no excuse, with exception of Mr Sarge putting his head in the way i killed no one, yet managed to hold down the zombies quite well.
lol...I did not put my head in the way...you saw it was me and "Elias'd" me :P

The MG is not for everyone. You want to talk about taking the fun out of the game, it is someone looking for a lot of kills with the MG and not caring about the Team getting shreaded. Remember EvenTallerDude? He does not play with us anymore because of this.

Carrot is good with it because he cares...*sniff*sniff :)

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Okay, I finally had a chance tonight to play for a couple of hours with the changes. I am going to go out on a limb and say the allies are definitely being penalized. I took a couple of screenshots for you, Dog. They're up on my steam profile. We were able to cap out twice in four maps. Scores were pretty abysmal. The system kept having to even the teams because everyone wanted to be zombie. I know I have mentioned these things already but here it goes:

1) UNG is not remaining locked on a target so the teamwork strategy is shot. No one can run to the rescue of an ally without being killed or nearly so.

2) It is taking 5 magazines from a garand with blood flying off and still no UNG death. That was just from my gun. I didn't count the magazines that my mates were plugging him with.

3) I am getting a lot of caps (more than I used to) because the axis players (bot and human) are able to mow us down and cap cap cap until they've pushed us back to spawn.

4) Garand vs green dude...4 garand shots in the head might take one down. If they have friends with them...you are toast. I used to be able to give them a good fight.

5) The witch...so many abilities. The jumpy thing should be a special for the skeleton in my opinion since melee only was taken from him. She targets, she jumps, she teleports, she dodges and she has superspeed. She is impossible to keep track of. No team work strategy will help here. Even with hooch, allied are having trouble outrunning a hungry zombie.

6) I have also noticed, since the newest update, that the team wounding and team kills have skyrocketed. I don't know if you can pull this up but I definitely was seeing it from myself and other regulars tonight.

I don't want to sound negative because we really do love playing your mod and the group we play with. I just know I got frustrated and I don't really do that unless Jerome goes zombie...which he did tonight because he couldn't make any headway as an ally. So...all of that said, Dr. Bob and I would like to request another test. Maybe a freeze bomb that will let you test how many shots each zombie is taking to kill? I think the attention taken with each kill is what is most frustrating. Attempting to split my attention between all of the oncoming zombies is a recipe for certain death. Well that and my pills, flak jacket and self-preservation tools being sold out in the store. Just thought you might like to hear from the allies, since most who are online at any given time are on the allied side.

I appreciate your time reading this and all of the work you have put in to the best reason to keep playing DoD.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Okey doke.

1. Will check it

2. Will reduce UNG health (600) to 500

3. Will reduce overall health of Infected

4. See above

5. Will remove her dodge (really nice bit of programming too)

6. Remember I removed weapon modifiers so team shots are going to be doing full damage instead of 0.08x. I suppose I could add it back in. It is an advantage for Infected though to get Allies to kill one another.

I even had an evil thought one day to change the Infected One's model to a normal Allied model....
:D But I didn't.

Rash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Rash » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Dog -

One thing I have noticed is that the store no longer has armor or pills (I presume this is intentional). however the info motd on spawn urges players to visit the store to buy armor or health kits. If you have truly gotten rid of the pills or vest for good, the text at spawn should be changed.

...i will be missing the pills :(

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Herp.. thanks.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks, Dog! I can't even fathom what you go through to dream up let alone make your ideas into reality! The skeleton should keep the dodge thing so your work is immortalized!

I agree, Rash. I will also be missing the health boost. Especially when Jerome is zombie. Gives me bragging rights if I can kill him a time or two each death.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:26 pm

It is all right....I have a nice new weapon for the Allies coming.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Added health changes to servers.
Changed UNG drop to 'lotsa money'!

Also added Beta Flamethrower to TV11...worried it might lag the server out too much.
Supporters and admins can test it for me...
:D

Press E to usE

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Not happy with the flame thrower effect.
It has physics (which my old flamethrower mod didn't have) but it is still not the right effect.

Flamethrower flames do not ascend...but go out in a straight line with liquid flames dripping below..
I'll have to keep looking for the flamethrower effect.

BTW FYI TF2 flamethrower particle is not supported in DoDS
:D

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Uploaded a new version using non-physics non-lag code...

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Gotta say, Dog (Jerome aside) I thought the feel tonight was a much more balanced! The changes were perfect! thanks again

Jerome of the Ghetto
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Jerome of the Ghetto » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:17 pm

It's certainly different. I'm getting too old to try to re-learn the game every few weeks. I was still racking up the kills as an ally, however before Dog changed it, I thought that it was taking way too much effort as a human zombie to kill with the shovel.
The meek shall inherit the Earth... after the strong are done using up all the natural resources and have left to colonize Mars.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm done changing....promise.
I was going to add a shotgun and VetGuy keeps going on and on and on and on about the missing Pills, but I have a big project coming soon.
So it's gonna be as it is for a while unless a drastic change is needed.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Dog wrote:So it's gonna be as it is for a while unless a drastic change is needed.
I'm completely fine with this :) Playing tonight was a lot of fun
thanks, Dog :D